Don't use Intel processors newer than Core2, because they have the "management engine" back door

Don't use Intel processors newer than Core2, because they have the "management engine" back door.

Attached: dsc00367.jpg (450x600, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.com/2017/12/11/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-intel-management-engine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

system76 disables this on their laptops.
technically makes Minix the most widely used OS

why do you trust them? are you faggot?

Am i safe using a Core2Quad 9somethingsomethingsomething?

Why do I trust some fucktard that core2 has no vulnerabilities?

Go hide user hide, when will you still be afraid of the government.. Forever? Let them backdoor , in the end of the day.. People die ,so don't worry and enjoy life

only good post in this thread

>2 minutes later the battery is dead

what is a firewall?

Yeah, this supposed "backdoor" is kinda stupid, it requires physical access to the CPU during runtime. It'd be easier to MITM a physical keyboard.

AMD's PSP is the one that requires physical access. Intel ME (or IME) doesn't require physical access and Intel corporation can basically know anything you do on your computer. hackaday.com/2017/12/11/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-intel-management-engine/

Are you retarded? Management engine runs in CPU and BIOS mode only, it needs not even an OS to be installed as it has direct access to the NIC. Retard.

I read the article and it looks like the only exploit found was local. Is there any proof of the ME being able to be remotely controlled by other entities?

Source?

>blaming cell degradation on the hardware the battery supplies power to
user i...

On Q chipsets it can be used legitimately by admins. I believe I've seen the demo on laptops, it's like IPMI.

This but unironically

How is it accessed, over the same interface as the primary network connection?

Attached: 1555933031904.png (800x800, 626K)

and where is that NIC? behind a firewall. never seen any traffic going out besides what my OS is doing, and why would inbound traffic be routed to my personal computer?

I'm sure Core 2 processors have that shit in them.

It can't be fully disabled.

Core2 processors also have an IME. In fact, they use the original ARC cores for the IME that are the most insecure and most likely to be exploited by non-state actors. The later 486 based designs are still huge vulnerabilities but aren't completely fucked full of holes.

Besides, the IME has legitimate uses and is the least of your concerns. Just look at that page table isolation bullshit. Every mainstream compiler, including the ones in GCC, are probably compromised. You can write a compiler in a way that it consistently produces binaries with predictable behaviors, which could be used to compromise all software built with that compiler. It's hard to spot by reading the source code. You're trusting trust. These attacks were discussed within the US DoD in the 1980s.

No, they do not. They strip the firmware down to the BUP module and enable the HAP bit, which tells the IME to turn off certain "high level" pieces of itself after it does BIOS handoff. It's a mess and it's not disabled. I would say neutered is a better description.

Attached: 15509665600780.png (255x255, 93K)

Do you think he eats the foot skin before walking in the sand or after?

how are Ryzen processors in this regard? I know they have PSP, but is it as botnet as ME?

Attached: 1505727536949.png (295x480, 176K)

It has no networking capabilities (as far as anyone can tell). TPM and SecureBoot are probably compromised though, so assume the machine is totally fucked if an attacker has physical access.

>It has no networking capabilities
eh, that's good enough for me I guess
it's either that or a 10 year old platform

Needing to scrap foot skin with abrasive tools rather than delicately picking it off and consuming it in Stallmanesque fashion.
Why even live?

Attached: 6020783.jpg (300x360, 35K)

based