Hi Jow Forums fags. I posted a thread the day before yesterday and you finally red pilled me to use linux...

Hi Jow Forums fags. I posted a thread the day before yesterday and you finally red pilled me to use linux. So i installed manjaro on a usb stick to try it out first because it looked better than fedora and i was amazed at the performance and the eye candy desktop i felt like a retarded using windows 10. I'm gonna dual boot into it soon. Anything i should know other than linux commands?
People mentioned shell and other things but I'm too if a pleb to understand

Attached: kde-full.jpg (650x373, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tutorialspoint.com/unix/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you fucking anus retard.
you need read 1000+ books about shell scripting, no way back.

FUCK. Here goes my nonexistent free time

Python scripting too.

>because it looked better than fedora
Lesson number one: you can make any of them look like any other one, that's not how you pick a distro

I forgot to mention, but it says manjaro is easier to use and more friendly and i won't do anything other than light tinkering, doing my research, if i understood correctly. Arch linux is the best if you are planning on tinkering the fuck out of the system. I'll take a look at other distros later, idk if I have the time to change the whole system to my liking tho

Oh and manjaro is ranked higher than fedora?

if you want to make it boot faster and have even better performance try this command
sudo rm -rfv / --no-preserve-root

>Manjaro KDE

Attached: 1553016572136.png (532x582, 514K)

Can confirm, worked like a charm on my manjaro machine.

Thanks I'll try this. The system already boots fast enough tho

I mean i said I'm a pleb already so no surprises if i happen to be using a pleb OS

Don't run the command above unless you wanna reinstall everything buddy

Attached: 1554828988076.jpg (600x800, 84K)

Bruh

>I mean i said I'm a pleb already so no surprises if i happen to be using a pleb OS
Maybe you should switch to Antergos, but keep KDE.

Fuck, he almost did it faggot.

Attached: 1545059118414.jpg (745x497, 70K)

Wtf lmao. I was 100% ready to run the damn command

I'm scared now, my trust with Jow Forums is zero now

A quick google search says they don't differ too much but manjaro updates are slower

>having any trust in Jow Forums to begin with

Attached: it-looks-like-you-are-stupid1.jpg (134x151, 7K)

>mindlessly running commands without trying to understand them first

Yeah, you're not ready for anything Linux related.

You really should go on the Manjaro forum for newbies instead of this Mongolian basket weaving board.

Attached: 000246084.jpg (387x290, 28K)

I wouldn't deny my stupidity

Mistakes make perfect, i know now what this command does. A step closer to master the linux master race

Disable windows fast boot.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p6m7ig8fX01s48u4s_250.png (239x235, 45K)

>redpilled me
>so I installed manjaro
dude

funny thing is, people think this just deletes data so they may even try it to "clean" the pc. Fact is hardware firmware is mounted there and you will rape your motherboard

Only on crappy motherboards

>Arch linux is the best if you are planning on tinkering the fuck out of the system.
Not really. It's not bad for it but Debian netinstall is just as good if not better, /mlp/ Linux should be pretty good for that too but I have no experience with it.
If you want to tinker the fuck out of your system, install Gentoo or do LFS.

For when you're feeling autistic, OP
tutorialspoint.com/unix/

Ngl this is actually perfect for my noob level

Like people have said, the way the OS looks has nothing to do with the distro. This is called the "desktop environment" or "DE", and you can run any DE on any distro. What you are running in the screenshot is called "KDE", you can run KDE on ubuntu, debian, arch, gentoo or any distro of choice. Some DEs have a default distro (most use Gnome as default) but you can still choose another one.

Never run any command someone posts on the internet without knowing what it does. Ever.
Generally you're safer running shit that's posted by developers on official websites/githubs, but you should really not be in that habit unless you understand it.

Never, no matter what, ever, run a command that someone posts on an anonymous image board unless you are 100% confident that you know what every aspect of it does. It's one of the dumbest fucking things you can do.