How does it feel knowing that people who cry about (((reddit spacing))) have never used markdown...

How does it feel knowing that people who cry about (((reddit spacing))) have never used markdown, or any thing similar in vein to it, in their life?

Attached: 1540363095384.png (320x480, 41K)

And I never will because it's fucking retarded.

>reddit spacing
bunch of epic election teens from reddit trying to prove themselves

Not as bad as the fact that I spend my time here with people who actually use reddit (and thus even noticed that in the first place) as well as people who do the Sunn O))) paren thing.

that would make sense IF Jow Forums USED MARKDOWN YOU ABSOLUTE RETARDS WHICH IT FUCKING DOESN'T
GET THE FUCK OUT REDDIT SPACERS

reddit:
\n\n
BIG DICK 4CHAD:
\n

holy epic

Reddit spacing is used to elongate posts on reddit so people are more likely to read your stupid fucking post and give you good boy points. No literary medium other than poetry (sometimes) formats with an entire blank line between sentences, usually not even between whole paragraphs unless the subjects are significantly different.
tl:dr fuck off back

There are screenshots from before reddit existed where people posted with spaces on Jow Forums

It's literally just for formatting

Attached: 60f5286422fb55bf7deeed8d5b8f7be6.jpg (1232x1287, 190K)

Are you guys fucking talking about... paragraphs?

Is this

a nice

way of

formatting

my text

Nigger?

No, hes talking

about doing

this with

everything you

type.

Pressing space

after every

line you type.

A paragraph may contain many sentences.

Generally even paragraphs are not separated by an entire line break.

Reddit spacing such as in this post separates every sentence with an unnecessary line.

It looks fucking stupid and the people who do it are genuine retards 99% of the time.

Way to dodge the point, you literal crybaby.

>Yeah, but I don't like it!

Attached: image0.jpg (750x1248, 646K)

>Pressing space
You

Meant

Enter

Nigger

?

Seething
Go back to

Your point is that something existed before its popularization?

this must be the stupidest thing i've read today

care to explain?

At this point you're arguing literally unprovable semantics

Find me proof reddit popularized it here, fucko.

reddit spacing creates paragraphs on reddit, it has nothing to do with empty lines you absolute retard

If you use org-mode or restructured text, I'll respect you, but judging by your post, you probably use Microsoft Word and Google Docs for formatting documents.

Well, there's posts I don't like, and also reddit exists

this is reddit spacing you see there is an empty line between each sentence?

>something must be completely provable or it is worthless

I doubt this is the case. I would suspect more people use reddit spacing because it allows you to actually see the paragraphs you write separated when you're phone posting and proofreading your posts. Apps like Clover and the native browser itself make the text condensed when working with the keyboard. And if you manage to type a paragraph that perfectly aligns with the edge of the text box and then hit enter, you legitimately cannot tell if the formatting for the new paragraph is proper, or if you may have just hit space by mistake and its starting on a new line. Thus the easy fix when you're phone posting and on the move, or simply just don't want to fuck around correcting post structure with just your thumbs, is to reddit space.

Attached: DFCA10E503584E32BC036D7F2826A8EF.png (349x500, 302K)

holy fuck you're dense

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam vel finibus ipsum. Vivamus ex enim, tempus a aliquam id, commodo nec tortor. Nunc at odio blandit, mattis purus dapibus, consequat augue. Sed ut feugiat sapien. Integer vulputate auctor rhoncus. Praesent luctus ac nibh quis egestas. Praesent consectetur leo id lorem facilisis, ut vestibulum orci pellentesque.
Vivamus odio urna, feugiat sit amet lacus a, pulvinar commodo purus. Vivamus at nunc placerat, sollicitudin diam et, placerat risus. Fusce faucibus luctus nibh quis egestas. Ut id purus ac nibh facilisis eleifend nec posuere massa. Ut vitae ultricies felis. Donec facilisis velit nec finibus sagittis. In volutpat auctor massa, ac pharetra nisl scelerisque a. Mauris faucibus augue in nisi cursus facilisis. Duis mollis sagittis dolor, ut porta arcu sodales in. Nunc ultrices pretium neque, et interdum tortor fermentum sit amet. Integer ut nibh nunc. Suspendisse potenti. Mauris arcu mi, aliquet id eleifend eget, aliquet nec nunc. Vestibulum bibendum porttitor nulla, sed malesuada risus. Proin lectus neque, blandit ut justo nec, porta sollicitudin eros.
Sed ac lectus id dui aliquet semper eget vitae metus. Sed porta elementum libero, eleifend accumsan sem efficitur id. Mauris arcu augue, tincidunt interdum elit nec, laoreet fringilla mi. Pellentesque congue neque in eros pretium efficitur. Maecenas et euismod purus. Phasellus id sollicitudin orci. Donec at est felis. Vivamus volutpat lorem dui, vel sollicitudin sem maximus at. Etiam sagittis libero molestie est molestie vehicula. Fusce odio nulla, posuere ut elementum ut, cursus id neque. Nunc eros diam, sodales nec luctus a, condimentum in metus. Quisque malesuada, arcu nec accumsan eleifend, felis felis suscipit erat, et iaculis erat nisi sodales est. Nulla in consequat augue.

On clover this post actually looks way more aesthetic and easier to read than it does on the Browser.

maybe if you weren't so vague in your posts people would understand what you are trying to convey. posts like
>hurr this post is dumb
>ur r soopid
really aren't going to tell anyone anything

Reddit concats lines together if they don't have a space in between. That's why all the reddit-filth instinctly places them making for very strange looking posts.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam vel finibus ipsum. Vivamus ex enim, tempus a aliquam id, commodo nec tortor. Nunc at odio blandit, mattis purus dapibus, consequat augue. Sed ut feugiat sapien. Integer vulputate auctor rhoncus. Praesent luctus ac nibh quis egestas. Praesent consectetur leo id lorem facilisis, ut vestibulum orci pellentesque.

Vivamus odio urna, feugiat sit amet lacus a, pulvinar commodo purus. Vivamus at nunc placerat, sollicitudin diam et, placerat risus. Fusce faucibus luctus nibh quis egestas. Ut id purus ac nibh facilisis eleifend nec posuere massa. Ut vitae ultricies felis. Donec facilisis velit nec finibus sagittis. In volutpat auctor massa, ac pharetra nisl scelerisque a. Mauris faucibus augue in nisi cursus facilisis. Duis mollis sagittis dolor, ut porta arcu sodales in. Nunc ultrices pretium neque, et interdum tortor fermentum sit amet. Integer ut nibh nunc. Suspendisse potenti. Mauris arcu mi, aliquet id eleifend eget, aliquet nec nunc. Vestibulum bibendum porttitor nulla, sed malesuada risus. Proin lectus neque, blandit ut justo nec, porta sollicitudin eros.

Sed ac lectus id dui aliquet semper eget vitae metus. Sed porta elementum libero, eleifend accumsan sem efficitur id. Mauris arcu augue, tincidunt interdum elit nec, laoreet fringilla mi. Pellentesque congue neque in eros pretium efficitur. Maecenas et euismod purus. Phasellus id sollicitudin orci. Donec at est felis. Vivamus volutpat lorem dui, vel sollicitudin sem maximus at. Etiam sagittis libero molestie est molestie vehicula. Fusce odio nulla, posuere ut elementum ut, cursus id neque. Nunc eros diam, sodales nec luctus a, condimentum in metus. Quisque malesuada, arcu nec accumsan eleifend, felis felis suscipit erat, et iaculis erat nisi sodales est. Nulla in consequat augue.

Generally yes, you shouldn't argue feelings as if they're facts.

phonefaggot normies are reddit incarnate.

>Reddit spacing is used to elongate posts on reddit so people are more likely to read your stupid fucking post and give you good boy points.
>paragraphs are for attention

>No literary medium other than poetry (sometimes) formats with an entire blank line between sentences, usually not even between whole paragraphs unless the subjects are significantly different.
>comparing output with input formatting

Attached: file.png (558x614, 45K)

Imagine sincerely caring and arguing about spacing in shitposts on a nazi anime frog forum.

prove the earth isn't flat :^)

you're just not worth the time wasted

yesh lol

Not him but I just recently discovered org-mode and I'm a domain away from making a personal website with it.

>paragraphs are for attention
who are you quoting? putting a line break between every sentence is not correct use of paragraphs.
>comparing output with input formatting
output and output formatting are being considered.

That's actually pathetic.
I can literally feel your next sweaty post.

Reddit cancer doesn't belong on Jow Forums or imageboards in general.

I fully understood yours, faggot

But you clearly didn't understand mine

It doesn't really matter wether the plebbitors or the simeerians have invented it

Its absolute cancer.

Not only that, but you were wrong as wel

Its called "reddit-spacing" and not Jow Forums spacing because if you don't use it on reddit your post looks like a pile of vomited ravioli

However doing it on Jow Forums looks autistic and outs you as a dumbass

yet you post anyway despite noone caring about your ill explained opinion?

>u r pathetic
nice argument mr reddit.

Literally nobody actually types like this because you have to exaggerate it to even pretend to have a point

and if they do it's clearly to rile you because it works

>who are you quoting? putting a line break between every sentence is not correct use of paragraphs.
reddit converts double newlines into paragraphs, how is that not the correct use of paragraphs? they are literally converted into tags

>output and output formatting are being considered.
you are comparing poetry's output formatting with the formatting on a posts' input

why should I even bother? You're just sitting there sweating over how to make your next post and it shows

You literally went from being asked for proof to random gibberish about flat earth

I really did hit a weak spot? You have no real arguements because you know all i said was true.

Also try to post one thing that's not following this disgusting format.

Just one post where you hit return just once and try not to act like a neanderthal

based

Attached: 2015-01-20-711-Fishing1.png (769x854, 533K)

the flat earth point is that we all know that the earth is spherical however to actually prove it is a lot of effort as a flat earther can just keep making excuses. likewise any attempt to prove that reddit immigrants type like retards would only be met with some "your proof isn't good enough"

I hate this fucking reddit spacing meme when it's applied to paragraphing. Every literary medium separates paragraphs, just it's usually done by indenting the first line of the paragraph rather than putting an empty line between two paragraphs. Pick up any book and you'll see the indents.

But, on the web, we have to put empty line between paragraphs instead of indenting the first line because the way HTML condenses spaces makes indentation impossible on most websites. If properly separating your paragraphs is reddit, I'll happily call myself reddit.

Again, literally random gibberish that's avoiding the point

Just post literally any proof at all, buddy.

>reddit converts double newlines into paragraphs, how is that not the correct use of paragraphs? they are literally converted into tags
I mean in the literary sense you fat fuck and i'm comparing the format of a post as it appears on the page to words appearing in a book or article.

This is a good way to do it, see. Instead of redditspacing like a complete fuckface you could just follow what these so called books have done and...
Voila!

Look at your own post, the content of your two "paragraphs" are so similar that in the second line you follow on with a "But". You literally don't understand how to properly use paragraphs.

>an explanation of why "proof" in this context would be ultimately fruitless is gibberish
your entire argument revolves around something that doesn't even matter.

Ok
.PP
Nothing personnel kid
.PP
I'll write like that
.PP
You heard about groff, right?

Attached: 1551610596695-g.jpg (439x603, 27K)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Etiam vel finibus ipsum. Vivamus ex enim, tempus a aliquam id, commodo nec tortor. Nunc at odio blandit, mattis purus dapibus, consequat augue.

Sed ut feugiat sapien.

Integer vulputate auctor rhoncus.

Praesent luctus ac nibh quis egestas.

Praesent consectetur leo id lorem facilisis, ut vestibulum orci pellentesque.

>Your entire argument revolves around something that doesn't even matter

You're getting it!

Attached: 62634aedc9b9dbe2a2ea295cc4faa0bb6c2236dfbfe305bfa86fcdbfbc8b0b38.jpg (600x350, 170K)

>But, on the web, we have to put empty line between paragraphs instead of indenting the first line because the way HTML condenses spaces makes indentation impossible on most websites.
HTML/CSS has properties for paragraph indentation
what the fuck are you talking about faggot

I don't think you understand at all.

Miss me with that gay bloated shit, I only use Groff.

>you fat fuck
oh look, i triggered the dumbo

What the fuck does markdown have to do with Reddit spacing? This isn't Reddit, and this isn't markdown. This is Jow Forums.

>people who do the Sunn O))) paren thing
It depends.
(((This one))) is a long nose tribe implication.
This one))) is a slav smiley.

>oh he insulted my weight he must be MAD!
*rolls eyes* way to ignore the actual content of the post though XD

Sucks to be you

?

Anonymous
04/22/19(Mon)06:21:30No.70650505

41 KB PNG

How does it feel knowing that people who cry about (((reddit spacing))) have never used markdown, or any thing similar in vein to it, in their

But I literally can't. My original point was that separating paragraphs with only a single newline is insufficient because the break won't be obvious if the last line of the first paragraph is same length as the first line of the second paragraph. That's why there needs to be indentation or a second newline, which isn't possible in a Jow Forums post.

That's a fair point. I wanted my post be self-illustrating.

Yes, it's possible, but you have to actually configure that CSS and HTML. By default spaces and tabs don't show up except in tags. My point is that you can't control the HTML/CSS of a post you make on Jow Forums or reddit or whatever.

*indentation is not possible, that is

The point is that calling people out on this shit in regular posting is an effective way to get redditors to lurk more and that’s the important thing. Go check out the stickies or most generals for examples of reddit spacing being used and not complained about. In other words, clearly no one actually cares but it’s a great method for rooting out fags because it’s clearly unnecessary for most posts, especially short 2-sentence posts which is when it is most commonly called out.

etc.
Itt: people who don't know what Reddit spacing is
This is regular paragraphing
Writing like this is normal

This is Reddit spacing

People do this because on Reddit, you need to newline twice to get an actual newline

If someone is writing out huge paragraphs and chooses to put spacing between their paragraphs, that's not really Reddit spacing.

But when someone is spacing their oneline sentences, that means they're from Reddit.
Of course, the real kicker is that people who complain about Reddit spacing are redditors who came here because they're salty they got downvoted for "redpilling the libtards."
I'm not saying Reddit isn't a cesspool of homosexuality, but getting that triggered over the way someone formats their post is really just ironic.

stop posting these shitty retard comics