Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: kittyhazabigcupcake.png (700x746, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

retropie.org.uk/docs/
tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10-a.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i accidentally made a wrong commit, and it hasn't been pushed to server.

how to go back/undo commit?

>git log
and copy the last commit hash
>git revert hash
replace the "hash" with the actual hash of the last commit.

wouldn't that just add another commit with all the changes reverted?

How is that big connector in my picture called? I know it is a motherboard USB 3.0 connector, but is there a specific name? Thanks.

Attached: 71pcYfO-MIL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 154K)

I have this little problem with Emacs where if I write a ; and then press return, the cursor jumps to the next line but puts a lot of whitespace before the ; in the previous line

How do I fix this?

it's just USB 3 internal connector

The On Screen Keyboard icon has disappeared from my notification area/taskbar. How can I get it back?

Attached: help.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

right click the taskbar -> show touch keyboard button

Holy shit am I retarded, thanks.

Gonna start on Python and after a couple Google searches pic related came up. Is it any good? Reviews make me think its for complete beginners to programming.

I'm experiences with C++.

Attached: 9200000029252138.jpg (550x736, 76K)

How safe is it to ssh into my rpi through local network? My router has a firewall that's configured to deny all incoming and i've changed the default ssh port to something else but I'm still a bit paranoid about this.

Very safe. You would need to forward the ports in your router first for anyone to have access to it from the outside.
No need to change the internal ports.

What's the best option for customising/organising Chrome downloads?
i.e. put all PDFs into a PDF folder etc.

what's a good, NON-AUTISTIC terminal-based editor? I'm looking for something like nano but with code completion

If I have a simulation running at ~5fps, how do I force OBS to record the frames as they get rendered into a stable 30fps video?
I used to do this with Fraps back in the day but I can't find a way to do it in OBS.

Attached: cake.jpg (1022x699, 41K)

Using mx player on android, trying to play a video i muxed together,it refuses to play using hw or hw+, and is slow when using sw decoding.
It plays the video individually using hw+ but when i mix them together it dosent.
Why?

Just learn vim, brainlet

fuck you

no u

Guys, what programming language should I learn as my first programming language? I took a semester of Java back in high school and that is the most I know about programming. I'm thinking Python. I just need to start somewhere. My job uses a bit of python in their software, but that doesn't motivate me especially considering that there's other languages in use too.

People always suggest Python or Java or Javascript. I think I want to eventually get to know javascript and nodejs and understand whatever the fuck that means. Maybe I should just choose java just because I've done it before? Does it even matter at this point ¿lol?

Java is probably the best. I learnt C# but they're basically the same.
I'd recommend a compiled language to begin with. Interpreted ones don't whinge at you as much and you don't learn as much about proper syntax and typing etc.

Read the first 10 or so chapters of Java: The Complete Reference and you'll know the majority of programming concepts in general.

>I'd recommend a compiled language to begin with. Interpreted ones don't whinge at you as much and you don't learn as much about proper syntax and typing etc.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know much about programming languages of course but I know that there's a lot of things that are kinda done on it's own in some languages that I may not learn best on it.

Maybe move on to Python after Java?

Does RAM "break"? Like if i used 80%+ of my RAM constantly with some programs running in the background would that fry it eventually or something?

Attached: 832823728376.jpg (9999x9999, 1.55M)

Any electronics can suddenly stop working.
Check for errors with memtest86.

Yes but i mean if there proportionally is a higher chance of your RAM breaking if more of it is used or it doesn't change anything

I mean it can get hotter and that physical change could weaken a super weak one, that's like one physical manifestation of your data

i have around 400gb of pictures spanning several themes that overlap (cyberpunk,scifi, cassettefuturism,weapons prototype, blueprints etc) and right now they're in a single folder.
Any clue on how i could order all those pictures ? I was thinking of hosting a booru on my local server and add all those pictures with tags, but if there's something easier i'll take it.

Maybe you should just keep retarded shit like that to yourself.

hydrus network

What about that question is retarded?

nice, you're a life saver. thanks.

Any recommended books or guides for C? Found out about GDCC, a C compiler for DOOM but know nix.

What about that question ISN'T retarded?

Its the kind of shit that any normal person would ignore, and some shitty people might tell you that its fucking stupid (stupid question thread no surprise here) But me personally, I would tell you that you quite literally are killing yourself.

Figuring out new ways to organize files isn't retarded.

>Stupid Questions Thread
>retarded = stupid

Fits here.

filtered

>isn't retarded
I totally agree, its some faggot talking about how he has 400gb of stupid shit in a single directory under the pretense of asking about how to organize it.

Its actually kind of disgusting to think that there are people out there that are that fucking base.

Should I consider a SSHD or a pair for torrenting? I'm using an old 1.5tb 7200rpm seagate but it still maxes the disk out when downloading faster than ~35mbyte/s.

You should consider writing a list of fake questions to bump these shitty generals. You were born for it.

kill yourself you cocksniffing weeaboo retard

If you honestly feel any sympathy for someone that would ask a question like that, you are already dead.

if ram wore out in that way, cpus would be toast way sooner. in the end, they're both composed of transistors turning on and off really quick. in a cpu with a clock speed measured in ghz, this happens billions of times a second, where as ram is pretty much locked into a set pattern until the cpu says i want to write something to this address in memory, and then the write line turns on for that address or set of addresses

Yes it would.

make sure the commit you want to get rid off is the latest one, then do

>git reset HEAD~1

this will remove the commit, without actually removing the changes you made to files

How do you scale a video using -filter_complex using ffmpeg?

Should I learn Javascript or not? I already have Java, C++, and C# under my belt.

This question was asked in an exam.

> Which one is the internal storage device that performs better than its predecessor with spinning disks inside?
> - HDD
> - SSD
> - USB flash drive
> - RAM

Is this question ambiguous?

I fucking hate how that's phrase but it's asking which one's better than the HDD. I know they're looking for SSD, but I hate how they phrased this.

I don't think so. What they want as an answer is obvious, and the other ones are wrong no matter how you twist it.

I would say no.
Internal storage excludes a USB flash drive.
RAM didn't have spinning disks, nor is it a storage device.
So all you have left is HDD and SSD.

no experience with programming before, been learning c++ through learncpp. i've been planning on reading effective modern c++ once i'm done with learncpp, followed by effective stl, followed by the algorithm design manual, while building up my github once i'm proficient enough. recently been thinking i should read sicp next instead of effective modern c++, thoughts? trying to get a job

Qhere could I found resources/guides on making emulators with raspberry pis. Want to eventually make a gameboy color, but I dont have access to a 3d printer and have no tools. Have time and some money though.

My headphones have some kind of muffled sound, but when I slightly disconnect them shit sounds perfectly

Are my headphones fucked up or its my computer

Well, all you need is a raspberry pi and some software.
There's a dedicated OS just for this too, you might want to have a look at it.
retropie.org.uk/docs/

Dear Jow Forums
I NEED YOUR HELP
I have a startup idea, looks nice. Is basically an ecommerce, but I have no idea how to realize it. I studied a bit of C, Java and Python in University and I am willing to learn, I would only ask your help to look for the correct direction to head towards. Also, if you have books that might help I am glad to read them. I learn quickly thanks to God.
No, it's not about which distro is best and I'm not the "idea guy" who does nothing but smoke weed and use your work. I want to do it for myself.
It's gonna be a website (so HTML and CSS right?) That allows people to search both on the web and on an internal database, so I made a scraper with python and now I'm using a JSON database as it is easy to implement but I read that it is slow. What should I use for the database?
Then, right now the database is updated manually by me, I want people to be able to update this database from their own "personal area", creating a profile etc. HOW DO I DO IT? With which language? How do I make it SECURE?
How do I implement a payment method? How can I be sure to not make mistakes and reveal credit card numbers of millions of people?
Thanks for your help kids

What if you read it as if the "internal storage device with spinning disks inside, which performs better than its predecessor" is being asked?

That's not how English works.

with follows predecessor, why would it be talking about the internal storage device at the start?

I'm not a native english speaker, but I did not read it like that.

Is expired food safe to eat if it still tastes good?

Ok, thank you all. The truth is, I asked this question as a non-native English speaker to a non-native English speaker class, and have received a high percentage of HDD answers, although less than SSD.

I thought I should give some credits also to the ones who answered HDD, if some random others also think like them, but I guess I shouldn't.

Nope

Oh... Well I already ate a bunch of them...

Is a big bag of quest bars I found that expired a couple months ago. I figured they usually have a pretty long shelf life though so a couple months won't make much of a difference?

>Practical programming for total beginners
It's right there in the title dude

Attached: aoba_question_mark.jpg (898x709, 162K)

Given they're heavily processed and sealed so long as they don't taste vile they probably wont kill you but stop eating them

what software to be able to save things as a PDF? I can't with WordPad

I know MS word can do it. Obviously adobe acrobat can, there's maybe some other free PDF reader that can though idk honestly I just use MS word the free copy I got from my uni years ago

Expired is usually a date by which they can't sell them anymore, not necessarily when it'll be dangerous. It could also just become less tasty at that point. But yeah, there's definitely a risk.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing poorly. Just do anything.

Isn't RAM capacitors?

RAM continuously has its current contents rewritten, whether or not it's changing. Your only concern should be causing more disk swapping to occur. If your OS is still on a mechanical drive, it will wear out much faster when the RAM is full. On average, SSDs can be completely overwritten once a day for 20 years before failure is likely.

git reset --hard HEAD~1

Acrobat free? I'm trying to push out CVs

not sure though now that I think of it google docs can save to PDF I think. That might be your easiest option

can the X window system do animations? asking for a friend

how do I stop this thing from happening?

Attached: forcian.png (940x600, 66K)

How can I block specific Jow Forums boards on Chrome without blocking Jow Forums as a whole?

Why not speed the video up ?

Not sure how to fix it permanently, but reloading the page fixes it for that thread.

yeah I know but it's really annoying

What is an Imperative language between C and assembly?

Attached: 1550108009885.jpg (4672x2232, 905K)

Because the frame rate is variable. Sometimes it's 5fps, sometimes it's 15 depending on the simulation complexity. Just speeding it up would carry over those speed irregularities and that would look pretty bad.

Is there a way to lock the framerate to a low fps and so it isn't variable and then speed it up in something like shotcut ?
It would be much easier if there was a way to cap the framerate to a certain amount.

Best music and image app for LTSC?

Found out that the default apps arent included

>music
I personally use winamp, but foobar2k is also well liked.
>image app
imageglass and irfanview are commonly cited as good image viewers for windows. Personally, I just like the windows photo viewer which you can get by following instructions here tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10-a.html

I've already port forwarded my ports but when I use an online port checker it cannot connect to them.

How can I fix this issue? I think I check every guide and forum aboarding this problem and still isn't working.

Well, my current solution is to mdecimate the recorded video with ffmpeg which is kind of an okay method, but I don't like the added complexity and unnedeed recompression of the video.
Locking the framerate is a good idea but I don't think many games and applications support such a thing, including the program I'm using. Unfortunately, it would also require re-encoding of the file so I may as well just use the mdecinate trick if I needed to choose between the two.

If you ask me, JPEGView and MPC-HC. Some anons may get flustered at my choice and in the end, it is just my personal choice, but I've been using these two for years and it has been complete bliss. Never have I had so little problems with software, and on top of that these two pack some nice features and customizability. I heavily recommend them.

no, this is a capacitor, they store electricity. transistors turn on and off(1 or 0)

Attached: $_3.jpg (800x800, 28K)

Well speeding the video up to the desired framerate is really easy in shotcut and doesn't ruin the quality by reincoding at all.

DRAM cells are technically capacitors but they don't use the same tech as discrete capacitors that we normally call capacitors.

BCPL for example

Any re-encoding affects the quality of the video if the encoder isn't lossless. But I guess I could just set the CRF to 0 and then encode + speed it up in ffmpeg. Thank you!

>But I guess I could just set the CRF to 0 and then encode + speed it up in ffmpeg. Thank you!
That's the general idea, it's what I do when I want to record something short without bloating the video size.

for some reason a lot of my programs are unable to create files or modify them
always worked but suddenly stopped
does anyone know what could be causing this
on wincuck 10 if that matters

Im going to use mkvtoolnix to remove some subtitles I dont want from a movie. Will this thing also reduce the quality of the file too? I dont want to look at the movie again to see if it messed something up.

hey frens can someone here help me to use ajax to call a php function on the click of a button?
im just trying to use a button to run an insert query or drop query depending on the innerHTML of the button

So I have Google play music premium and I have a few playlists created on it. Is there a way I can download all the songs on a playlist, and move it to a ipod or other mp3 player. In this scenario I dont care about the quality as long as its mp3, but max quality is preferred.

how do you install pirated games through wine? every time i try with certain scenes
i get errors out the ass once i get towards the end

Can you still use KMS_VL_ALL to activate an office 2019 installation if you used HWIDgen to activate your win10?

Looking for a more powerful SBC under 200 USD. What are my options?

Attached: 61fg+WT1kKL._SX425_.jpg (425x266, 21K)