IDE dillema

>use atom every day
>got tired of slow starts and unnecessary functions
>install genie
>good but something is wrong (idk what)
>tfw too normie to use emacs
>tfw not enough transcendence to use Vim

Attached: 1544834094000.jpg (700x851, 95K)

VS Code?

This

Is Vim really that hard to use?

>HJKL movement
>no mouse
>bizarre default keys overall
>terminal program
Unintuitive AF

>Good faith in sharing your data with third party entities and law enforcement
>Cannot disable telemetry if you enable extension gallery even if it is disabled in settings.json

Everyone using vsc is literally a shill a 13 year old or mentally retarded.

you don't need transcendence, you need some goddamn discipline. sit down and learn how to use it. you have it incredibly easy with the incredible amount of dumbed-down vim learning resources available on the web. emacs is much the same, if slightly more difficult.

what do you use, user?

>home row movement( this is a plus )
>no mouse( this is a plus )
>no
>so?

yes. its not intuitive, it has a learning curve. if your IQ is above 80 you should be able to learn it

unironically this
>inb4 electron
>inb4 microshit

No. It's just useless. If I was more autistic and felt for the modal editing meme, I'd probably write my own editor with a better scheme like the Kakoune author did.

Attached: 2013-03-11-570-Musca-Domesticus.png (768x1024, 859K)

My pirated windows 10 has notepad++ preinstalled, so I just use that.

>better to use DEDICATED that every keyboard hes to move
>with mouse you can some things faster (like moving to another parts in document or code)
>yes (you need to switch mode to move because someone too afraid to move hand out of home row)
>no interface to configure program outside of config file

>pozzed pirate copy of Windows 10
>complains about telemetry
lol

>My pirated windows 10 has notepad++ preinstalled
enjoy your viruses

dude, not re-installing normal copy of windows 10 if yous have pre-installed non-dafault program is kind of a 20 IQ move.

Nah. It's something normalfags can learn, if you program it shouldn't even be hard.

> HJKL movement
Rebind it if you want wasd or whatever.
> no mouse
Wat. Even the terminal version has mouse support. But you aren't supposed to waste your time switching hands and pushing mouse. Keep your fingers on the keyboard and hack away.

Just unstall Sublime.

What license does it use?

>(like moving to another parts in document or code)
This is still faster with a keyboard every single time. How would you even know if the mouse was ""faster"" if you've only used garbage editors?

Run your own kms. Stop being in a literal Chinese botnet.

>Unintuitive
Are you a nigger who is unable to learn something strictly superior just because it's unintuitive at a first glance? No new subject worth its shit immediately intuitive. You build up the intuition by actually using it instead of crying about how hard it is.

What does it matter?

Trying to determine if it's shitware or not.

It is proprietary, but who fucking cares, nothing you write in any text editor regardless of it's license effects the shit you write in it, your code is yours.
That said, I don't like Sublime, I just think caring about it;s license is autismal.

Atom (yes it is the same as vscode just more powerful a little slower on start-up and without the forced telemetry) and neovim. Though I will.have to admit nvim seems bloated. And no Atom is not bloated since it literally is Emacs for JS. Could argue that electron was bloated (which it is) but since I use an appimage and it is the only electron applications I run I couldn't care less.

Also atom has the same code intelligence now as vscode due to the language server protocol

>It is proprietary
So it's garbage then?
>your code is yours
And any third party's who you can't prove isn't listening in since you're using Sublime.

Congratulations catfishing so many retards. If this was a psyops by Russian, Jewish, Chinese or Anglo lea then even more congratulations making me reply faggot. Go suck your supervisors dick you lea people like dick covered in methylendioxidmethylamphetamine

>Atom is not bloated
>JS
It doesn't get more bloated than that.

I mean it matters if you also want to be able to fix shit that breaks in it.

>And any third party's who you can't prove isn't listening
You seriously think your code is being sent elsewhere?

I literally just explained. Electron is bloat. Atom itself us not since you can even disable base packages.
Also how the fuck does a language being bloated (which JS definitely is not, Rust and cpp are bloated) relate to the end products bloat. Literally no correlation.

>Implying ANYONE from Jow Forums actually fixes issues for open source projects and dosn't just larp that they love the ability to fix things

Not him but it doesn't matter if it actually is sent anywhere. Many workspaces outright prohibit using proprietary software for such a critical asset like code. Also I personally think not being able to trust your code editor is very devastating. Not that it sends anything but it being closed source means you just cannot check.

It's just the same as with the idiots saying use Win10 Enterprise and do this and this to disable telemetry. Like sure that will disable the stuff you know about but what is with all the data you just never knew was sent in the first place.

use jetbrains like any other professional
>but muh shortcuts
just use IdeaVim

Attached: 1498819926681.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Nothing was specified that this was a secure environment with sensitive code, considering we've on Jow Forums I'm just assuming this is some dude in his basement trying to write a unity sex game. If no requirements are mentioned in the post why should I think otherwise?

>what is vscodium

>You seriously think your code is being sent elsewhere?
Prove that it isn't being sent elsewhere. Should be pretty easy if it's such a reasonable assumption to make, right?

>not reading vscode issue tracker
tldr they explained multiple times as soon as you enable extension support you also enable telemetry.The telemetry data is sent with the extension data. If you use any single extension (especially MS ones like the Chrome debugger) you have enabled telemetry regardless of your settingsjson or vscodium

Also as said there isn't a single good reason to use vscode anymore. Every editor has the same intelligent editing now.since all of them use the same technology now (language server)

>Nothing was specified that this was a secure environment with sensitive code
Non-subhumans assume everything to have at least a passable security requirement by default. I guess Windows users are used to having shit standards in this regard.

>How do I monitor my network traffic from the outside
brainlet

>retard doesn't realize that a program can be written in a way to know when its network usage is being monitored
Study some actual computer science before posting here.

Okay, but you're also going to have to review the source of any open source application you use to prove those as well.
If you really care about this so much, you should be making appliance VMs and compartmentalizing ones you don't want to have WAN access. There has been problem open source programs out there in the past.

>from the outside
Right so if machine A runs sublime and machine B watches the traffic it certainly is possible for sublime to detect the traffic being watched?

Instead of telling others what to study you should learn basic reading omprehension

>shifting the goalposts
I'm glad we agree that Sublime is shit since I can't examine its source code even in principle (which means nobody else can either).

>I don't know how Unix packaging works
It is so easy to spot the people using Windows/FagOs.

>Why yes I do use IntelliJ IDEW Ultimate. How could you tell?

Attached: 5BA96781EF3345D081B97BD1BC814436.jpg (750x832, 168K)

Any program can be written in a meta-way to know its current state, (you would understand this if you took a basic CS course about Turing-completness and knew any non-shit programming language which allows for basic meta-programming). This makes it provably possible to detect from within a program if its network usage is being monitored on most shitty operating systems people use these days, this includes GNU/Lincux and Windows.

By you being made obsolete by the language server protocol like that girl I used to fuck. When she become 18 she, obviously, was dumped.

>There has been problem open source programs out there in the past.
"Epic". I'm going to switch to using proprietary shitware for basic applications right now just because some inherently more secure programs have had problems before.

Please tell me how computer A can analyse the network pattern of computer B if computer A can only send data to B but can't receive and B can only receive but cannot send.

I don't know if you are just baiting or really that retarded. This has been used nearly 20 years ago by government agencies and has been known in academia for at least 15 years.

You know you can just use the arrow keys right?

>program can be written in a meta-way
>metaway
just stop embarrassing yourself

It's provably possible to write a program on computer A that can detect its network usage being sent elsewhere. This is basic CS101 stuff.
. Discuss videogaming somewhere else.

First time I heard about this. Looked it up and not impressed.

Missing the point
I do use mostly open source applications myself since I do enjoy the quality and have more trust in them. BUT, the argument over self auditing applications is a bit nuts, and to pretend that there can't be malicious open source applications (especially if pre-compied) is absolutely foolish.
Its about taking a more reasonable midset about this instead of a fantastical one.

Genie is pretty good desu, single file editing, lightweight

>I do use mostly open source applications
I don't think you can do that on Windows. Which you clearly use, since you assume that being able to audit something doesn't make it inherently more secure by default. And that somehow me not auditing every single piece of software on my machine means that it's acceptable to use proprietary shitware (for basic shit like text editing) which nobody can examine, even in principle. How exactly is your retarded point of view more """"""""reasonable"""""""" and not completely fantastical?

You are beyond retarded aren't you? Who said anything about the traffic being sent elsewhere? I said the traffic s sent oto the other omputer yes but who said that that computer relays it to the internet? How retarded are you actually? If it was that easy to hide traffic malware would use it everywhere but instead 13 year old idiots are able to analyse traffic of Russian government malware.

You are either genuinely retarded or just don't want to accept you being wrong clearly.

Didn't even read your ramblings. Pick up a CS101 book and maybe later you'll remember this conversation with a look of self-derision on your face.

Sorry I don't play video games mr. "program in metaway"

You should stick to your tranny threads on b

>I said the traffic s sent oto the other omputer yes but who said that that computer relays it to the internet?
Are you a black "person" by any chance?

>Sorry I don't play video games
I highly doubt that someone who spends so much time on computers and doesn't play video games wouldn't understand basic CS. So fuck off to .

>Fuck this guy got me how to divert the topic
>Hurr I don't read that's why I reply to make myself feel better even though we both know I had no chance in arguing

If you are so certain tell me a single instance of an air gapped network where, WITHOUT PHSYICAL EMISSIONS, data leaked. PleAse I beg you one single instance in human history.

Not him but desu if you think air gapped networks leak data you must be beyond retarded. This shut has been used by military and nasa for decades and still is in use everywhere.

Didn't even read your post. I can just tell syntatically that it's written by a retard. There are many free CS courses out there, you know. You should try them.

this is good bait

Not really. Are you a proletarian by any chance not being able to understand what I meant which is taught to teenagers noedays?

>Not him but desu

You may not want to realize it, but VSCode it's spyware. Install VSCodium if you really want to use it.

Because good practice is good practice, and bad practice is bad practice. Not hard to understand. If I ask you how to fry an egg, I don't need tp specify that I don't want to get burned in the process.
Anyone who isn't retarded will understand a valid suggestion has to take basic protection in mind. Why wouldn't they, if it's simply better from all perspectives, has no downsides at all, and just take a simple process of checking a license and take that into consideration along with your other pros and cons.

At least if you use it get rid of the shitty MS telemetry with VSCodium

>I can't argue against this intellectual patrician
>Lets just say random shit for.The sake of saying something

Go ahead have the last word after "not reading" but at the same time replying and knowing it "syntactically isn't correct".

>unironically using a nonfree text editor
imagine the mouth

Please read a basic CS course before posting on this board.

>syntactically isn't correct
Where does he say that?

>can't argue
>hurr durr hurrrrr

Learn vim isn't hard. Run vimtutor, then use it exclusively for a day, done.

Not him but I have finished my fifth semester CS.
We also had air gapped networks at some point. I'd love to know how a computer can know states of another one in an air gapped network. Because that is exactly what an air gapped network is made for to prevent.

Who are you quoting?

>fifth
I think you meant "first".

? I literally just asked how you think an air gapped network can be circumvented you just ignored my question. Well clearly you are just a butthurt teenager who can't stand losing an online argument.

Now that this is established I can leave this thread have fun

Do this.
Then get emacs when you've learnt the vim basics.

Vim/Neovim with the plugins you need for your language. I suggest YouCompleteMe and ALE. Magit is good.

>HJKL
you can use arrows
>no mouse
this is just factually wrong
>bad default keys
subjective, set your own
>terminal
this isn't a bad thing, but there are also GTK and Qt implementations

Visual Studio 2017/2019
or Vscode
or just kill yourself try hard edgy retard

Fucking newfags