Why are modded handhelds so cool bros?

why are modded handhelds so cool bros?

Attached: 9ui0fa7jaiw11.jpg (3829x2067, 827K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/851100/Touhou_Luna_Nights/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause nobody plays with them

>metroid fusion
we, as humanity, really need to go back to 2d castlemetroidvania games, those were the fucking best

Attached: 1494456552138.gif (300x225, 426K)

>cool

yeah I miss having actual buttons and games running natively

Hallow Knight
Dead Cells
The Messenger

tbqh 2.5D metroidvanias are peak. Tomba is my favourite game ever.

Attached: Mushroom-forest.png (320x224, 32K)

>playing on that tiny ass screen instead of getting an actually good handheld like Vita or Switch and playing Nintendo games as they were always meant to be played - for free.

>yeah I miss games running natively
>implying stadia and friends will ever take off

>switch
>handheld
>good

>metroid fusion

Attached: unnamed.gif (270x270, 1.58M)

indeed

>Hallow Knight
you mean Marrow Night

vita is good and easy to hack, play some emulators and has a decent library, although full of patsu adventure games.
Switch is an ok port machine, kinda easy to hack with shit emulators, library is made up of ports and almost decent games and GOD FUCKING AWFUL CONTROLLERS THAT BREAK EVERY 6 MONTHS.
The conveniece of playing on your tv and then use it on the go loses the wow factor after a while.
You'll end up using it in handheld mode all the time and only docked for precious battlestation threads

Attached: 1555553370705.gif (224x224, 1.52M)

>Metroid Fusion aka best Metroid
Absolutely based

>modded handhelds
But why? My phone already runs everything from 3DS to Dos

Attached: porco-rosso-50f0da3e981061_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg (1050x591, 53K)

>playing on phones

Attached: V9iftEa.jpg (3000x2250, 282K)

That gameboy is so sexy, why did they stop making translucent tech? It's so nice

this, I ran through 3 sets of joycons in the span of a year and a half, I treated it like a newborn baby but the controllers are just cheaply made, My chinkshit Bluetooth game-pad is sturdier than those shitty joycons and ive dropped it just about a million times

Attached: Black Cat in the Hat.jpg (1004x796, 93K)

they have a great aftermarket.

Attached: n3bh767cg8f21.jpg (3024x3024, 582K)

t. *sip*

>Hallow Knight

Don't you mean Hollow Knight 7: the Deathly Hallows?

>play some emulators
What's even the point of emulators not on PC? They'll run the best there and have the most features

Portability obviously

Are you suggesting.... ARE YOU SUGGESTING .... that you play games outside? ha ... ha ... hahahahahahBWHAHAHAHAHAH

No I don't, because some faggots made gaming stigmatized

just kidding user

Poorly, yes

No, i play games in bed, on the throne etc
Only normans play games outside on their "gaming" phones and shit

Attached: 1541906922446.jpg (1500x884, 173K)

There are some new games returning to that format.
This Touhou game has me interested.
store.steampowered.com/app/851100/Touhou_Luna_Nights/

Attached: Touhou_Luna_Nights.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

I play gameboy games in my backyard. It's mad comfy, especially when the sun is out in our based and redpilled Florida weather.

get a backlit screen

Based Boomer detected

Attached: terryquotes_0.png (1014x844, 1.2M)

It's easiest to see outside with the light off due to how sunlight works.
Danke

Attached: 1555895099829.png (531x527, 241K)

gross

n3ds with hax is peak handheld
it natively plays GBA games
it has enough horsepower to smoothly emulate SNES
it has a proper LCD display
the user doesn't have to use AAs like a child
it's still a handheld game console so it still includes girl repellent

>Poorly
My old Honor 7 run Fallout 1 on dosbox without problems. SD855 wont even hitch

What's the point while phones exist?

it can't play GB/C cartridges though. Also it's ugly

Attached: door_-_D_grande.jpg (600x431, 35K)

I still have a GBC with the cool transparent plastic case (though it doesn't work and I don't know why) I really miss that fad. Too much emphasis on the shiny now, lets bring back some fun.

fix or sell it. These things are child's play to tinker with and parts are cheap.

Attached: custom-backlit-game-boy-color-ags-mod-esotericmods-game-boy-color-light.jpg (1080x1080, 342K)

Then get a GBA SP. There is no reasonable reason to use a modded OG GBA. Also stop talking about fashion when the topic is "handheld virgin protectors".

SP is unergonomic as fuck and has shitty clicky buttons. All it's good for is the screen.

Attached: DSC07486.jpg (2560x1706, 751K)

I have a dude in SK making me a custom dmg 102 right now. My dick is ready. They’re so fucking kino bros.

that d pad looks all saggy in the cross wtf

it's an empty shell

Yeah I have it saved for the one day I can fix it. Also that is an awesome backlight mod. In the meantime I also have a blue gameboy pocket and an snes supergameboy that work. Never had the original brick one, though I did use someone else's before as a kid a bit.

>trying to justify those proprietary shittoys

Attached: 1549451967635.jpg (201x201, 13K)

same

Because you're a bugman

you can store 4 systems worth of library on one of these if you don't want to buy games or emulate.

Attached: everdrive-gba-x5.jpg (458x458, 37K)

>Nintendo will never remake this

bought it a while ago and it really isnt anything impresssive.

i cannot get any good bluetooth hardware to work on my phone.

>4 systems
You are like a little baby
WITNESS

Attached: psp.jpg (768x424, 33K)

There's an overabundance of then now in the indie game scene.

such a shame sony killed the Vita.
PSP was god tier

>horsepower to smoothly emulate SNES
ha

you need a coreduo or a phenom II to run a decent snes emulator

>the user doesn't have to use AAs like a child
Imagine being against having an abundance of effortlessly replaceable standardized batteries

Vita can already run as many emulators the same or better and also Vita games.
Right now if you can get one of the newer colored models, the ones with shit screen, you can mod it and do as much as with the PSP but also with bigger screen and better battery.
Still own my PSP which is fully loaded with emulators and a couple of PSP games and a VIta. Great little gadgets both.

Such a great game. I'm disappointed Nintendo doesn't make 2D Metroid games anymore.
I love Fusion but it's not the best. It's also the least Metroid out of all the old 2D once. You (almost) can't sequence break in it and it got rid of the show don't tell aspect of the games.

Nevertheless it was a great game for other reasons. Personally I think it was great for the storytelling, it combined telling you parts of the story outright with showing the story with the atmosphere and what you could find walking around. Just remember seeing Ridley in the cooling cell.

I think the result was a great horror game, it didn't really do jump scares all the time but it build up the SA-X and showed you glimpses of it every so often. Just seeing the full powered SA-X while you were in such a weakened state at the start could really bring out fear in you (if you didn't know the hard coded actions of the SA-X). Then after all that building up the SA-X and knowing you can't win you actually have to show yourself to the SA-X when it actually knows you're there and you need to escape really increases the tension and fear.

Then near the end when you're nearly at full strength and almost ready to fight the SA-X it finally drops the plot twist at you.

I really love Fusion for the things that didn't make it a Metroid game. To me it felt like a horror game done right. However in terms of design and gameplay Super Metroid was way better then Fusion.

Based.
Got all the parts to mod mine except for the adapter ribbon cable. Fucking Chinese take forever to ship anything.

Attached: IMG_20190422_163933991.jpg (3006x5344, 3.24M)

>I really miss that fad

You can thank Apple for both starting the fad and ending it. I actually had a GBC just like when I was a kid, but I sold it to fund the purchase of an Advance SP. I really regret it actually, because the GBA SP was just a boring silver colour. I don't think any of them came in those neat translucent cases.

Attached: img_0290.jpg (2048x1536, 558K)

>Nobody should be paid for their work or investments
Fuck off red scum

>mfw I could never play outside because people get killed for less
>take my gba and a link cable to school to play with a friend
>link cable got stolen because I forgot it on my bag during phys ed
Well, at least my lvl 100 Gengar fucked my friend's shit up

Attached: 1547429297460.jpg (1274x720, 97K)

When I was younger I lived in England for a few years and had to take an hour train to school every day. I was playing my DS on the train and another guy around my age had his. Turned out he took the same line I did daily at the same time so we started sitting in the same car everyday and hanging out laying pokemon. We got together outide of our commute once where we went to see a movie and walk around London. We stopped by his house for a beer because we were too young for bars at that time. Guy tried to rape me. Never again.

>Playing Nintendo handhelds in public.
ISHYGDDT

Protect your bum!

>I lived in England for a few years and had to take an hour train to school every day.
wth why

Interesting, you don't see many people using actual AGS-101 screens anymore. I'm in a bind because I've ended up with an aftermarket one with a single stuck pixel, square in the middle of the screen. I'm not sure if it annoys me enough to justify chasing a second panel, while I've got other GBA options anyway.

>Tries to have wholesome fun in England
>Ends up getting sexually assaulted

story checks out

>Backlit screen of revised SP
>top-notch ergonomics of original GBA
>fuckload of shell, accent, and button color options
>AA batteries, or can mod with USB rechargeable battery
AGB-101 really is the fucking best.

Attached: AGB-101.png (1800x1200, 2.57M)

Lmaoing @ ur lives

Attached: IMG_20190318_174931.jpg (2331x3967, 2.74M)

I'm only using it because I got a deal on an SP with a broken hinge and bought it to reshell it. Been sitting on my shelf of shit for months until I finally got around at looking up how to do the mod and saw you can use that and an aftermarket adapter cable to do it and got stoked. I just need to grind down the new she'll to fit the new screen which I'm still deciding how I want to do it. I've heard that flush cutters are the way to go, so I plan on picking those up to throw in my kit as well.

Why don't rugged consumer items like the gba exist anymore?

planned obsolesce

i hate the NDS, such a retarded gimmick and the begining of the end.

t. never got buttfucked

Fathers job took him there.

but why a 1 hour train commute

I'm still partial to the Micro myself but the modded OG scene is pretty amazing.
I did my first run at it with nothing but an exacto knife and it turned out fine, though I probably could've done it a little cleaner with my current set of tools. Don't stress too much about the equipment as long as you have the basics, it's much more about your own judgement. You can spend as long and as much as you like getting every single tool you might need.

everything but n64 which is cocks.

Right now it runs a little worse than on PSP because the Vita doesn't contain the ME chip, but once the native Vita port of Daedalus is up and running it should significantly pull ahead.

crosscode is easily best game in last several years, it's 2.5d puzzle action adventure, kinda like metroid

Must have been pretty awkward on the train after that lmao.
t. lived with a dude that tried to rape me for like six weeks after the event.

Why do these stories always end in rape, or attempted rape?

Also it makes me feel bad because no one has tried to rape an ugly piece of shit like me.

I don't like the Micro. It isn't even the cramped size, it's the washed out colors, I can't get past it.

lmao image wanting to get raped. have sex incel

Attached: 1549751698560s.jpg (214x250, 7K)

I want a gba now

fuck the vita and its tiny shitty buttons.

>hand held pi
Why aren't premade kits available

>pi
no

Sorry about your sausage thumbs

Is that a metal case? I have a metal GBC case mod laying around, still waiting on the AGS-101 converter to come in before I can put it together.

yeah it's machined aluminum

Attached: de767j7q0jr21.jpg (960x720, 111K)

It's a good system, pretty cheap ecosystem to get into too. A used SP and decent flash cart like an ezflash omega will get you up and playing games for like, $100 US. You can also get pre-modded fats, or the parts to do the backlight mod in kits for pretty small sums.

Chainsaw?

Apple might have been one of the bigger propagators of the aesthetic, but it was around while macs were still beige.
I wish clear bug phones with technicolor innards were still common.

I went through a period a few years ago where I was basically obsessed with Game Boys, even though I'm not a gamer. I still have the Game Boy Light I imported from Japan, and it cost less than what I wasted paying someone to put a backlight in a Pocket. The original unmodified DMG is probably my favourite.

gb2 /vr/

>GOD FUCKING AWFUL CONTROLLERS THAT BREAK EVERY 6 MONTHS.
Had mine since launch with no issue.