Firefox Extensions Thread

Firefox Extensions Thread

Attached: FF-showing-extension-add-ons.jpg (500x261, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@stoically/enhance-your-privacy-in-firefox-with-temporary-containers-33925cd6cd21
nightmarejs.org/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrono-download-manager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn
addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/chrome-store-foxified/
github.com/ilGur1132/Smart-HTTPS/issues/25
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/909#issuecomment-154059217
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/31088-morecaptcha
techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-the-firefox-multi-account-containers-extension/
filterlists.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: FF_v67_Extensions.png (705x770, 61K)

Attached: 1.png (676x1387, 65K)

me > (you)

Attached: 3453453425.png (710x684, 48K)

Attached: 3452435234.png (596x483, 20K)

I just googled the OP image to create this thread

it's an inside joke about /v/ tards, I love Firefox threads

Attached: 1530530514683.png (1470x650, 27K)

Is there a good replacement for Flashget and/or DownthemAll extensions?

Bulk Media Downloader extension sucks balls

jdownloader2 and a portable Java installation, either open or oracle shit
I never looked back to browser based download managers

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-22 15-30-13.png (699x1314, 129K)

this and HTTPS everywhere

>Ecosia search engine adder

Does it allow to add custom search engine from any website search bar from context menu options?

>temporary containers

I already redpilled a few friends to use them:
medium.com/@stoically/enhance-your-privacy-in-firefox-with-temporary-containers-33925cd6cd21

Attached: 3fab4652145f497bcdb01dc01b4e6dc1.png (1201x1600, 2.19M)

>He doesn't know what Ecosia is

Attached: laught.jpg (397x391, 67K)

Attached: 2019-04-22-174324_1024x768_scrot.png (771x421, 58K)

I guess I didnt, have been away from Jow Forums for a while

Though I genuinely need an extension that allow to add custom search engine from any website search bar from context menu options

bestest coming through

Attached: 1531008779702.jpg (690x2231, 788K)

Honest question, why use Firebug? FF built-in dev tools are great these days

Attached: 1547254213710.png (483x1077, 77K)

see Although coincidentally I had been using firebug or rather firebug + firepath for other purposes (Selenium Webdriver automation for retrieving xpaths).

I ended up encountering a better extension in chrome for that purpose named chropath

>private mode
cringe

Attached: Strip-Mode-incognito-devoilé-650-finalenglish.jpg (650x639, 302K)

>Grr

Wow thats like 1990s

Nice reading comprehension retard

The "Temporary containers" extension needs no other extensions. Basically yeah I run it in auto mode.
So I can log in multiple times on youtube. Automatic mode is also much wanted as each tab can have its own scope and cookies.
So I am NEVER tracked across tabs. The only identifying value of me is pretty much browser and IP itself.
Unless I randomize user agent with a different extension.

I would also suggest to bind Alt+N to open a containerless tab, some website like Exhentai with the downloading userscript would else require you to log in for each image. For just "manually" surfing exhentai you can still containerize it. Just extensions may not want that.

Even online shopping and paypal popups work the way I configure it.

Attached: 12351235.png (651x315, 9K)

I still prefer browser based download manager just so I wouldnt have to launch another whole application

Before firefox broke its extension environment my life was simple with Flashgot + Downthem all to just download any video streaming online

Your life would be "simple" if websites wouldn't deliberatly cuck browser downloads. Forcing you to require extra code to boost said download in the first place.

Look into 'open with' it's made to open websites with other browsers but you can use it to open a page with youtube-dl or whatever gui you use to download videos. I think youtube-dl defaults to downloading best audio and video by default so there shouldn't be much configuration involved.

ytdl works best with ffmpeg and phantomjs in your path

>phantomjs
Isn't that project dead? Also no I never needed it for any youtube-dl

What site requires it?

>Isn't that project dead?
Sadly, yes. But there are others like nightmarejs.org/

I've needed phantomjs or something similar on a few sites. oload for example.

Attached: 1555037309110.png (1691x232, 41K)

>using google

Attached: 1555633894725.jpg (690x460, 27K)

Is there any selective mass downloader extension that can hold a candle to DownThemAll? I still hang on to a XUL-supporting Firefox because of it. Also for Tab Mix Plus.

I'd recommend against Smart HTTPS as the author has stopped updating the source code and refuses to explain why. Sketchy

since chrome extensions work now on Firefox, yes there was a chrome one that supported multiple connections, retries, etc

may have been this one chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrono-download-manager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn

>may have been this one chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrono-download-manager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn

addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/chrome-store-foxified/

Ublock Origin
Tampermonkey
Umatrix
Lightbeam
HTTPS Everywhere

github.com/ilGur1132/Smart-HTTPS/issues/25

This does suck. But as far as trying HTTPS on by default, has a lot changed that warrants an update?

Greasemonkey
uBlock Origin
HTTPS Everywhere

Firefox download also were pretty good in handling pauses and/or lags while downloading but it later got so broken that Downthemall became the preferred way for me to download stuff from firefox

Is greasemonkey fixed yet with the new firefox or are you on an old version?

>Greasemonkey
is fucking garbage.
-- t. Tampermonkey elitist

>Tampermonkey
is fucking garbage
t. Violentmonkey enthusiast

Attached: 2019-04-22-19-07-03.png (885x322, 29K)

Do you really get a big benefit for using temporary containers compared to using other anti trackers? Plus I imagine the resource usage is higher too, right?

Cookie AutoDelete
HTTPS Everywhere
uBlock Origin

Thanks for this thread. Grabbed several of these extensions.

Giving them the illusion they can track unbreaks a lot of sites. Second I don't need to block cookies, IndexedDB or clean DOM supercookies, the latter could still not be cleaned by Cookie Auto Delete the last time I checked and cannot be blocked either.

The container gets deleted with all tracking crap the moment I close it, I can even add a grace period.

>Plus I imagine the resource usage is higher too, right?
Since manual containers are a feature of firefox itself, not so much at all. The pain they remove from browsing though is enourmous to not worry about a little overhead.

Go to about:performance with it installed

A robot that solves captcha
N I C E

Is it worth it to have a password manager, or even safe? I'm really paranoid about that stuff

>Giving them the illusion they can track unbreaks a lot of sites
What sites break from blocking their trackers? I just don't think I've ran into any like that or maybe never noticed.

Thanks, I'll take a look there. I'll probably give that add-on a try to see if I like it.

Opening 20 fixed bookmarks with and without it installed is less of a theoretical value than a practical one..

like I said, minimal overhead. tested it with 19 tabs.

also RAM exists to be used

Attached: Unbenannt.png (656x553, 21K)

>Alternate Player for Twitch.tv
>Cookie AutoDelete
>Decentraleyes
>I dont care about cookies
>Imagus
>Netflix 1080p
>Smart HTTPS
>uBlock Origin
>Violentmonkey
>Startpage as search bar

Isn't firefox bloated enough?

>I dont care about cookies
You are aware you can import the list and have it autoupdated by uBlock Origin itself?

Chromium clone fags begone.

I havent checked in ages but last time even the Ublock author said its better to install the extension

Uget just works

gorhill is a fucking entitled passive aggressive bitch boy
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/909#issuecomment-154059217

And your info is outdated as kiboke wrote:
>I can rewrite rules like "body .something" to ".something:not(body):not(html)". Would that be ok then?
gorhill replied:
>Yes that would work for uBO

after more bitching from gorhill the kiboke dev just gave up and gorhill commented:
>Given that the author of the list prefers that users use the list through his extension rather than through a blocker[1], I will decline adding it to uBO. I added the list to the "Filter lists from around the web" wiki page though.

I am using the list just fine in uBO, ublock is awesome, the author is just one disgusting cunt

how do I add a rule to allow logging in to Jow Forums without opening a new container?

You can exlude domains and also auto set cookies for some domains.

So far the extension hasn't locked me out from signing in anywhere. Since I am without a Jow Forums pass I don't even know what the login looks like to try fixing your issue.

tampermonkey is now under proprietary license and no longer open sores

This fixed it. Both extensions work well together.

Attached: 42342343243.png (800x1020, 179K)

I'm a little confused though. Only using Temporary containers here and I multi-account easily on youtube and my email provider.

Based retard

Attached: 1530653563469.png (903x71, 5K)

I know. That doesn't change the fact, that it's the only *monkey that properly applies 4chanX's captcha fixes for me.

How did you make the rule in temp containers? Jow Forums uses a different domain to login and I have it set to always open a new temp container.

Violentmonkey works fine for me

Attached: 1535787029221.png (308x597, 217K)

Bypasser here. Is there a general userscript that applies such fixes to all sites with recaptcha?
Google grinds my gears with those slowly loading unfading tiles that make solving take eternity. I want to see it load with no visible delay.

answering my own post:
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/31088-morecaptcha

Attached: 924.jpg (576x860, 48K)

I'll be damned. It finally works again. Goodbye Tampermonkey.

Is Tampermonkey this ahted here?

how do you do multi acc containers? idk how to use it, it's useless

Anyone using redirector?
Post your redirects.
youtube.com -> invidio.us

but why

TFW you have a tiny screen.

Attached: addonz.jpg (1275x2391, 642K)

open a site with a new container tab and select always open in * in the options. It will ask if you want the container tab to be the default for the first time in each new container you make so select remember your decision.

techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-the-firefox-multi-account-containers-extension/

alright cool, thanks

>it later got so broken
I don't remember the last time a download broke for me.

>Is greasemonkey fixed yet
I've been using Greasemonkey all my life with no problems at all.
I don't know why the other monkeys got popular.

Its abandoned and buggy

And no one announced anything?

What a fucking abomination from top to bottom

Does that mean uBO has an up-to-date list or not?

>Violentmonkey

is fucking garbage.

t.Chrome User Script Handler aficionado

go to filterlists.com/
type cookie into the search field
click details
click subscribe

Does the temporary containers addon need the original Firefox containers one to work?
I disabled privacy.usercontext.enabled when it came out because I couldn't bring myself to start color-coding tabs when I already have uB0, uMatrix, and Cookie Autodelete.
Apparently they still miss something like all the stuff inside storage/default in your profile folder though. Should I start making temporary containers too? Between all those addons and user.js edits if something's broken it takes forever to find out the cause.

Attached: ubo-filter.png (1920x266, 49K)

If it's too advanced for you then don't use it

edited it for ya m80

Attached: redone.jpg (1066x1893, 427K)

It's not advanced, it's bothersome. The more stuff I customize, the more things I have to comb through if something's broken.
I was just wondering if it's worth the effort, that's all. Getting used to annoying things that are really useful is not a problem. I got used to refreshing tabs 2-3 times with uMatrix before sites properly load, containers would be easier. But there needs to be perks to justify using them.

at some point you just cross the line into full paranoid ground

Saving the settings once isn't bothersome to me for what they offer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd say that's still a pretty modest setup (for Jow Forums standards).

Lmao, half of that could be covered by a tiny userscript each bloated extension

Attached: ext.png (2433x554, 229K)

bump

Attached: Untitled.png (920x264, 33K)

Hey, do I actually need containers if I don't have any sites I want to log into multiple times, block all third party cookies (And many first-party cookies via uMatrix), and I have first party isolation enabled? All other things equal, of course.

I've got a workflow with containers (including Temporary) that's been working for me. Just wondering if it's actually doing anything for me.

yes

dude just install fucking searx. you'll shit brix when you realize how good it is.
Transitioning to searx straight from google search is rough, but if you do google -> startpage (or ddg if you're a lil goy) -> searx it's manageable