/spg/ - Smartphone General

realme 3 pro edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1525033645094.jpg (727x408, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jaineel.videoconvertor
artstation.com/artwork/Vr4ZN
youtu.be/yqG0NUr9rTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Redmi Note 7 or Pocophone?

ugh, shit edition

When is Android Q coming out of Beta?
Waiting here with a Pixel 2 on Pie.

Poco

>notches
None.

Pocoshillphone is thick and ugly as hell, huge notch worse than iToys
shill
to be fair teardrop ones aren't that bad

August

Attached: android-q-timeline-featured-1.png (1200x787, 34K)

Is the Mi A2 Lite fine as a portable music player and Jow Forums machine? Originally I was looking at the Pocophone, but it seems kinda like overkill for the kind of shit I use my phone for.

Shoving a smaller dildo up your ass is probably not that bad. I mean, you could take a big fat dildo instead.

aye, tis fine for said purpose

i love that the trapezoidal huge notch only lasted one year and is going to be like a prison yard tattoo for everyone who bought into that bullshit for that one year

correct
Joking aside, there is no option with popup camera at that pricerange so it's either smol or big dildonotches

Pocophone.

Vs Redmi Note 7, Pocophone has: way faster SoC (SD845), more RAM, faster UFS2.1 storage, more durable build (doesn't snap in half when bent like the Note 7), better face unlock (because it has an IR sensor)

Redmi Note 7 has a smaller notch, is thinner and looks prettier, which is very important if you're a girl, or faggot homosexual like this user

Pocochad checking in, here's a solid app recommendation for converting video files in the background while you work on other stuff on your phone play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jaineel.videoconvertor

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

I want to get a Pixel 3 but I am worried about the shit battery life? Is my worry justifiable? Should I just get an iPhone XS with face id so I won't have to spend 15 seconds unlocking my phone?

>Redmi Note 7 has a smaller notch, is thinner and looks prettier, which is very important if you're a girl, or faggot homosexual like this user

Attached: 1492462810547.jpg (300x300, 45K)

got a fullsize pic of your bg?

Get the OnePlus 6T

Yes I do here user
artstation.com/artwork/Vr4ZN

v cool thanks!

If I get a Spanish version of the Mi 9 SE, are there going to be any issues in the UK beyond getting a plug adapter/new charger?
I've heard of people having problems with Android pay on imports, would this require a reflash to deal with?

No issues at all, other than the plug like you mentioned. Both the UK and Spanish Xiaomi phones come with Global MIUI, so Android/Google Pay will work out of the box.

5G confirmed for the OnePlus 7 Pro, bros. Meaning $200 - $300 more than the OnePlus 6T according to 5G comments made by Pete Lau back in December

Attached: 1548087433872s.jpg (240x221, 6K)

>xiaomi copied the OP6T
kek

There'll be three models:
Oneplus 7
Oneplus 7 Pro
Oneplus 7 Pro 5G

>xiaomi
It's a Realme phone, not Xiaomi

its a good thing I copped my 6T when I did

Attached: 1535058770515.png (1006x1080, 756K)

Best /out/ style phone? I'm doing longer trail runs and need something reliable. Currently using an aging iPhone 6s.

and isn't Realme just another offshoot of Oppo that just further proves Oppo copies Xiaomi?

/spg/ is literally the worst general in all of the 4chans.
It's just a circle jerk of chinkshit phones that 99.999% of American's will never see, will never use, and probably couldn't use because getting it on their carrier (as well as the LTE bands) would be a nightmare.

you'll be full of regret when OP7 launches

I haven't upgraded my phone for 5 years and I literally cannot wait to get the Op7p. The 90hz refresh rate must feel very good on a 6.6" screen, it probably makes the phone seem much more responsive. It sucks that it wont have a sd card reader or dual speakers though.

yeah, even the name Realme is just copying Xiaomi's Redmi line.

Not a chance, nerd. If you want even more shitposting, take a gander at /hpg/ for me

>motorized camera crap
>5G goy tax driving the price up by hundreds
nah, I won't

Doogee S90

Attached: Screenshot_Brave_20190422-121639.png (1658x2048, 621K)

pretty sure one of the leaks said OP7 Pro will have stereo speakers

>motorized camera crap
OP7 has regular waterdrop notch

>5G goy tax driving the price up by hundreds
get the non-5G model then

suck it, burger

>Doogee S90
has anyone actually used one of these? seems a bit oversold on it's features, is quality sacrificed?

Not Pixel3 user, but I'm looking at the 6T. Should I buy one now or wait till the 7 is out?

Current phone is a S5.

OP7 is less than a month away, better to wait at this point

should I get a OnePlus 6 8GB RAM, 128 GB for 429 € / 483 $ or should I wait for the price to get lower?

my iphone 7 is slowly dyining, need best bang for a buck phone. a jack output would be nice.

youtu.be/yqG0NUr9rTs
every review I've watched says it's built like a tank and it's IP68 & 69K rated, but the night vision module is misleading because it's not an IR camera, it's a low light camera

Same bro, I'm gonna piss myself when I get the OP7P.

How much do you guys think the pixel 3a will be? Im hoping for sub 300 but I expect 400 to 450

Pixel 3 battery is really good, my friend has the XL and the battery lasts at least a day and a half.

$399

Yeah that's maybe 4-5 hours SoT on the Pixel 3 and 6-7 hours on the XL, lol

If you buy anything but Chinese phones you're just pozzing your neg arse.

Thoughts on this deal? Currently rocking a Nexus 5X, and I know that this phone would be an upgrade, but the only things making me uncertain about biting the bullet are that my phone works perfectly fine right now and the Pixel 3 has no headphone jack (I use Bluetooth earphones, but having a jack would be nice sometimes).

Attached: Pixel 3 Deal.png (957x693, 305K)

Just bought a Pixel 3 myself today, once everything is settled I'll have for $220. Half off is $420 with shipping included, I'll trade my phone in and get around $200 back. Pretty good deal for a flagship.

pull the trigger, the sale is only today

I should mention, this deal is only through Google Fi and not the google store, so you might have to switch carriers.

Don’t make it so obvious.....

>American being self-centered prick

Attached: 1496507809503.jpg (540x786, 50K)

How's the custom ROM scene for Pixel 3? I've heard LineageOS 16.0 will be coming to Pixel 3 soon, but I need root and most preferably custom ROM support for my phones. Is the regular size good for one-handed use?

The regular size is perfect, I currently have a Pixel 2 XL and ive handled the 3 XL and even though I have large hands I still found it too big for one handed use. Being a pure android phone the ROM support is really good.

The phone is unlocked, so you can buy it through Fi, activate it and then take it to another carrier and cancel the Fi service

Does it matter if you've used Google Fi before and canceled it? My Nexus 5X I got from a Project Fi deal before and canceled the service. At any rate, I went to the website with the deal but can't seem to get started with choosing the Pixel 3 I want. As in I see the options for Pixel 3 and 3 XL, but when I click on 3, nothing happens.

pixel 3 sucks for the price, and they know it so they're cutting it in half to sell the rest.

>Does it matter if you've used Google Fi before and canceled it?
doubt it, it said new and existing Fi customers

>when I click on 3, nothing happens
try another browser or disabling your extensions

Looks like all the 64GB models are already out of stock

huh?

Attached: not a samefag.jpg (438x150, 12K)

>all the 64GB pixel 3's are out of stock
>still forced to shill out $450 minimum for a new phone
>with trade in it gets as cheap as $230 for the XL, $170 for regular
eh
should I do it lads
i hate spending more for 128gb but it's still pretty cheap

Attached: 1554574060457.jpg (450x450, 73K)

>every country in the world is the US: The post
And you shouldn't be mad at us, you should be mad at your carriers and them fucking you over big time with their special network bands no one else outside of the US uses. Also their ability to permanently lock the phones they sell. The land of the FREE™, home of the brave? Some freedom, huh?

>trapezoidal huge notch
You mean like the one on iphone X

128GB isn't bad considering there's no SD slot. Go for it.

should also mention the phone I already got is the pixel 2 XL, which works fine
so I'm pretty iffy over shilling out even $200 for the 3 XL

moto e5?

Should I get it or see what the Pixel 4 is like?

Pixel 4 is still months away. Get the Pixel 3 now and if the Pixel 4 looks great then you can always trade in the Pixel 3

>looks like all the 64GB models are out of stock
tfw got my hands on one of the last 64 gb models

Attached: 8fd.jpg (261x195, 9K)

top kek
You can't make this shit up

/ptg/
/britpol/
kpop general

just off the top of my head those 3 are far worse

>only pixels left are pink ones
what am I gay

buy it and get a black case

hahaha get fucked faggot

>these
>worst generals
You fags havent seen shit. Waifuwars on /a/ are much worse, there are spambots talking to spambots. Few faggots who have yelled at each other for over 5+ years and shitpost with the same old filenames among some petty faggots who search those filenames in hopes of finding them on /v/

Oh fuck off

Attached: 1473620129575.png (540x535, 586K)

i guess I've been spared then as i don't visit /a/ or /v/

>Looking at Zenfone Max M2 prices (Newegg)
>3GB ram is $199
>4GB is $319

Considering I've never used my phone for anything more demanding than a youtube video, and the fact that the batteries are the same (battery life being a main point I was looking for), is there much point in waiting for a price drop somewhere on the 4GB?

Attached: Mmmmm I'm not so sure.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

You can't expand memory so the 128GB are pretty much necessary. Nothing sucks more than having your phone out of space after 3-4 years.

Need a cheap but decent phone (less than 70€) for a poor kid who got his phone stolen.
I want to help the guy, but I'm no rich man myself, so.

imagine paying $450 just for a pixel 3 128gb...

Dumb nigga, it's two different phones you're looking at, the $199 one is the cuck Max M2, the $319 is the chad Max Pro M2.

Son of a fuck, thought it seemed odd
Is that the best price I'm going to be seeing for now then?

Is the Pixel 3 deal still up? I can't seem to access it on any browser.

why isn't anyone talking about p30pro, s10+ or iphones, y'all poor or something?
what in the fuck is a pocophone

>why isn't anyone talking about p30pro, s10+ or iphones
90% of this general is literally 2 paid xiaomi shills samefagging

Attached: 1489971754148.jpg (501x585, 105K)

Motorola G7 Power any good? Looking for a phone with a big battery and stock (or support for LineageOS or similar)

Yes, the regular Pixel 3 is still in stock, 128GB in black or pink

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-23-00-01-59-257_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x2246, 272K)

America is a shit hole, you didn't need to tell me twice

is a pixel 3 128gb actually worth $450

Attached: 1554558409917.jpg (657x600, 75K)

nah, paying more than $200 for a disposable device is retarded

See

Is losing the headphone jack worth it? I haven't used my headphone jack on my 5X for a while now because of Bluetooth earphones, but I can see it could be useful sometimes. Don't want a Galaxy S10 because I root my devices and I don't want to trip Knox.

It's not a big deal, you can still use a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter

Simple question:

For a first android, s10 regular vs pixel 3 regular? Other suggestions also welcome

The Pixel 3 comes with USB-C earbuds.