Is it true that using WINE/DXVK/Proton can get you permabanned in some games that use anti-cheat software because it...

Is it true that using WINE/DXVK/Proton can get you permabanned in some games that use anti-cheat software because it can mistake it for a hacking tool?

Attached: logo-easy.png (308x467, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/9g111m/blizzard_removes_bans_of_linux_overwatch_players/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

only in ones with shit support
some people got banned in overwatch for that but all got unbanned few days later and blizzard patched it so now it's 100% safe

It's one of the reasons why while I feel afraid to switch over to Linux completely. I would love to do all of my gaming on Linux, but I don't want to risk being permanently banned from some of my favourite games because of a small technological misunderstanding.

Feels bad man

Virtualization allows control of rams

honestly ask on reddit linux gaming, give them a list of games. Blizzard games are safe for example reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/9g111m/blizzard_removes_bans_of_linux_overwatch_players/

It should be.

Will it allow me to download more RAM too?

Attached: banner.png (740x420, 36K)

Yes, absolutely.

GNU/Linux having its own games would have been glorious and allowed it to grow beyond what it was, and improve. Instead, Steam said "nah, lol, we'll just use wine and shit can take care of itself" and suddenly no one gives a fucking shit any more.

The fucking GNU/Linux dream is dead. I lived in that dream for nearly 20 years and now, fuck it. Shit like systemd, wayland, and corporate whoring are other reasons it's gone to shit and isn't even worth considering as a valid OS any more.

Literally nothing wrong with using wine to build once run anywhere. Hell if you optimize for it by using vulkan or dx12 which can be effortlessly translated the performance is identical.

what are some valid OSes you suggest using?

So why don't you create your own distro then, Prof. Emo

EAC is literally the only thing that gives me problems on Linux, doesn't ban you but in DBFZ you will get kicked after the first character death every round.

Buy a mac then faggot

Attached: 1555959045727s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

>nothing wrong with wine
>op states something huge wrong with wine
Sadly right now, Windows is the only OS worth using. Fuck's sake, I wish something else better would come along, and for the last two decades I've bet on GNU/Linux being that thing. It's basically dead in the water now.

>corporate whoring bad
>windows good

That's why I said it's sad. Corporations have ruined GNU/Linux from what it should have been. With Windows you know you're Microsoft's fucking whore from the start.

What's wrong with Wayland?

Learn to bypass anti-cheats you fucking faggots, it's literally fucking nothing and it'll make you better programmers because it will teach you advanced concepts not taught in codecademy bullshit, you know, true fucking computer science

Attached: Doomguy_2016.jpg (800x800, 170K)

Or learn to point with a mouse in a 3d world? Don't play at 16000 DPI bitch and moan every one els is good/cheating(they arnt they are just playing at 400-700 edpi unlike you

But alas you too suborn so you stay at 3000+ edpi and learn to cheat

In short l2p

yes
but you can just email support and get unbanned