So Jow Forums may have fucked up my computer

So I got an old desktop for free and when i was checking out the insides i was surprised to see that everything was not stock . so i took out the ram saw that it was 4gb a stick and proceeded to put one in correctly and the other in backwards a little tuffet of smoke came from the motherboard and down the computer wont boot .

Attached: 58384552_2120951288024337_1427281515804360704_n.jpg (3264x2448, 603K)

I googled what too do and most sources say that the motherboard is fried but when in press the power button the llightson the motherboard go on and the pc make a repeated beeping sound,Wat do Jow Forums

Attached: 57485948_435260170584678_2082789268584923136_n.jpg (3264x2448, 555K)

Throw it away

How do you install ram backwards? it literally wont fit if you have it upside down.

How do you even place a ram stick backwards ?

OP is full of shit. You cant install ram upside down unless you use a hammer to make it fit.

Shit case. Decent hardware. Scrap the mobo and buy another and a good case. Rice that shit. LEDS if your gay.

If you must, get a multimeter and test all the leads from each component. Start near the ram. Ensure no shorts and it's getting 5-3v. If it's a part you can resoldrr then do it

Rams fucked if its beeping st you. Most mobos have error LED code displays. Find it or time the beeps faggot. Repeat ram

I pushed it in hard and i thought it clicked in. The smoke came from this area

Attached: qwertyuioasdfghj.png (669x846, 1.34M)

Do you think the motherboard is still good in that case. the beeps are in successions of threes.

Dunno what that chip is. Get a number, look for black Mark's. Check ram pins too. Only way you could have fucked it up that bad is if you fed 3.5v directly to on of the i/O's. Doesn't matter. Can you boot bios?

you are fucked then. get a new motherboard.

no the bios wont boot the thing just beeps when I turn it on. I'll get a volt meter and check the pics and chip

>I'll get a volt meter and check the pics and chip
Not trying to bust your balls, but I doubt you have the mental capabilities for that. You just tried to put ram upside down ffs

flash the bios

We're not your tech support

Call geek squad or something

Old shit anyways, just salvage what you can and trash the rest.

feel free to not click on this thread then

why are you installing ram while the mobo is plugged in anyway, idiot

feel free to follow board rules

everyone hates people who say this.

day of the rope, hopefully soon.

no, everyone hates faggots that make new threads for their retarded shit instead of posting in an existing relevant thread