Workaholics thread

How do I become someone who studies 8+ hours a day? I know people like this, so I know it is possible. I am closer than I was, I study maybe 15 hours a week on average, but I waste the rest of that time, usually playing video games. How can I up that number? The Japanese do it. Koreans do it. Elon Musk does it. How do they do it? How do you do it?

I don't have a girlfriend or any friends, so the only thing that is stopping me is myself. A few things I have changed that helped me get to where I currently am..

1. Always do the easy rituals everyday, to remind yourself that time is passing. That means taking vitamins daily, hydrate, brush teeth 2x daily, moisturize, eat healthily. This used to be difficult, but it's pretty easy now. I keep a running journal of it which is another good tip to remind me of my goals. Also, going to the gym a few times a week. This is something I'm hit or miss with, doing it maybe 50% of the time overall, but when I'm in the routine I have more energy throughout the day.

2. Nofap. Nofap is necessary, at least for me and provides me with great energy and confidence. A lot of my lack of energy is from lack of confidence, which when I have been fapping daily is given away to random people throughout the day. I still fail at it but I've cut down my fapping from once daily to once weekly, and the benefits have been enormous. If you do any one thing from this list, do this.

3. Set up a space to make it comfy and fun to study. I light a candle and open the windows and get into my pajamas.

I still only study like 15 hours a week. I am going back to college at age 27, and I'm in the very beginning as I never went to college and I'm still on preliminary classes. So far, I have almost all A's, but as I get to the harder classes I will need to increase my studying if I want to maintain that. I would really, really like to graduate with a high GPA. Share workaholic tips ITT :)

Attached: image0.png (1332x1949, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, I used to be a literal workaholic. I worked different bluecollar jobs, usually for 60+ hours a week and often for even more. I just have never been a workaholic of the mind. Sometimes I get in these almost manic phases where I will spend an entire day on my hobby, which is composing music, and I am trying to translate that to coding.

Overall, I must make life like an RPG. Leveling up and WoW is easy and it gives you small reward. Leveling up in real life is not easy but gives you a priceless reward. How do I think more of life like a video game?

Why? You can get a good job without torturing yourself and strangling your social life.

do you have autism?

How can you be so close to being right and yet so far? Setting up your habits and environment is paramount, but the idea is to minimize working hours, not maximize

Learn and use the pomodoro technique: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique

Learn about the science behind studying efficiently without burning out:
coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn

Make a list of the things you want to do on a long term scale, weekly scale, daily scale. Work on small scale stuff with pomodoros.

Cut down on video games. I grew up on them but they're a huge time suck and get you nowhere.

>he thinks a get up and go worker drone attitude will get him anywhere

Nepotism, my young virgin. You either know people or you don't. Having rich parents that own an Emerald mine can help too.

Alright thanks buddy

I used to have autism, and then I got rid of it but now I have it again.

How can I be so close yet so far? Because I used to have autism, and then I got rid of it but now I have it again.

>Wanting to become a workaholic

Attached: 1553610193644.jpg (700x700, 55K)

If I waste the time playing vidya anyway, why wouldn't I rather be a workaholic?

I am monitoring this thread as I feel just as OP. I want to become better and learn something that end my life suffering at “retail sales”. I am so incredible suicidal and depressed I really need to work towards a goal the most efficient way possible

this, just find ways to do as much as best as possible in a minimal amount of time. you will never have to work again

>I want to learn to juggle, so I decided to start by learning how to juggle 7 balls at once to be the most efficient

Just be a hack

user, I must be honest and say that you are doing well right now. Getting A on introductory courses means that you have the ninimun to keep studying. This may sound stupid but certain mayors (mostly math related and CS related) have very high dropouts, and doing this even in a "late" time in your life means that you really want to learn.
Now, funny enough I would advice certain distance of this "push yourself to learn to the limit", it does not make sense in the long run. I'm not saying that don't put effort on it, just that you NEED to waste a small amount of time in order to not burn out. I'll never forget the words of a professor I had when I was studying at Uni: "Eat well, sleep well, get a hobby".

However, if you want to improve on learning and being easier, I'd suggest to:

- take small rests when you study. Like focus for 5 minutes (or what ever you fell conformable) full performance then relax like 1 minute. This technique was used by a man that was chess champion and push hands champion and his name is Josh Waitzkin (the book where he mentions this is "The art of learning"). This simple advice has enabled me to read for longer periods of time without big fatigues after it

- Learn the basics of the topic. Too many people does not want to do the work of learning the basics properly and this same people are overwhelmed when more complex things come.

I don't know what else to say. Good luck user, keep going

Didn't read all that shit but the answer is meth. AMA

user, what happened, why are you so sad on retail? (honest question, no memeing or autism like some people here)

You'll never catch up to the smart kids like me who graduated at 22. Give up boomer

Attached: 1526111107964.jpg (433x427, 86K)

I'm a grad student in CS, and I'm sure you're like the hundreds of undergrads I see that think they know shit but really don't. Fucking zoomer

if you need to study 8+ hours a day then you are a retard who doesn't belong in his major

Never ever work too hard or study too hard. Wrong way. The people you think work a lot or study a lot are usually exceptional for other reasons to begin with. They just explain it in study or work time to lay people.

I'm a zero effort piece of shit millennial that still accomplishes more than most of Jow Forums ama

I've been working out, taking vitamins/protein, and nofap-ing (for as long as I can);

Results are amazing!

Unfortunately I'm in my final year of Uni and my GPA is already trash.
I wish I could start over....

On the up side, I already have a good job, but my GPA keeps haunting me...

Anyhow, be careful with abusing energy drinks/uppers, they work for a while, but you crash bad.

If you are anxious, take 15 min and either do some do some meditation (or even praying, if you are religious), don’t forget to breathe deeply and slowly.

If you can’t focus, go for a a quick run.

Also, use dopamine smartly.

Don’t treat yourself if you don’t feel you've accomplished something. And if you accomplish something that was truly challenging, make sure you reward yourself (the left brain is literally that stupid).

I usually only play vidya/order shit food/fap if I feel the week was really productive.
Do NOT settle for "good-enough", you will start lowering your standards and get back to how you were, or worse.

Good luck to all.

The number one thing people of our generations can do is LIE ABOUT HAVING A DEGREE

Credentialism has destroyed our generation's quality of life and prospects for the future. We are saddled with massive debt if we go to college. We are saddled with reduced opportunities if we choose to forego college. The social contract of the previous generation, which they sold to us, was that university would guarantee a good job for life. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

You have no obligation to uphold your end of a contract if the other party has withdrawn their obligations. Your society has abandoned you and you are left hanging out to dry.

1. Pick a state school outside of the area of the job
2. Learn about that school
3. Claim on your CV that you have a couple BA/BS degrees from that school
4. Apply to all the jobs you can.

You need to succeed. You do not deserve to have to live by the rules set by people who have withdrawn their support from the system; the system they still expect YOU to uphold!

REVOLT! Lie about having degrees! It's not illegal. There is almost no risk of getting caught. It is illegal for schools to release your information without your consent. Flourish, my brothers! FLOURISH!

Attached: 1554683460000.jpg (1080x1080, 65K)

If your applying for your first major job (where a degree matters most) they definitely will ring the school and confirm that you've actually attended and graduated. That information can be released.

Even if a company doesn't, you risk getting blackballed if your industry is tightknit, and you kill any chance of references.

You make actually have the skills but nobody in the professional world is willing to trust someone that gambles that hard.

>Do NOT settle for "good-enough", you will start lowering your standards and get back to how you were, or worse.

needed too hear this. had a good year. have been slipping in April. can;t let that happen.

Anxiety is good.

I am not saying fake a degree from Harvard/MIT/CalTech, I am saying go to a college for a year or two, or a CC, and claim you have a BA/BS in something like English, History, Biology, or Sociology. If you claim a CS degree, you need to know your shit. But the bottom line is, don't let a lack of a degree stop you. Lying is an acceptable resume practice now.

REVOLT

>they definitely will ring the school and confirm that you've actually attended and graduated.
In my country and state this would be illegal. Schools can't even talk about students to their own parents without permission from the student

what..the fuck is this thread? Fake a degree? Get the fuck out.
OP. Look into taking 25mg of zinc, 400mg of Magnesium (300mg if you're female), and iodine supplements. You're doing a pretty good job, this will help push you over a little more after a few weeks of this.
Make sure you're also eating well.
The best thing is the pomodoro technique for studying.
Look into SRS.
Look into creating a good schedule.
Add video game servers (and certain websites) to your host files, if you need to. Make it to where you can only study or stare at an empty monitors.
I spend 12 hours a day studying.
>Math degree
>Learning Japanese
>Studying/Honing skills for future careers/grad school.
I have to cook and take care of myself outside of that.
Being a workaholic is easy, you can turn your brain off 95% of the time, then come home and drink yourself into a coma. But that's the easy way out, this is the most rewarding. Good luck and have fun.

I use the forest app instead of pomodoros, if I go off the screen, my tree dies. I have about 10 hours of total time every week and I am very behind. I do 30 mins, sometimes 60 mins then watch 1 or 2 cs career videos. I also listen to vaporwave on YouTube music because it has no lyrics or ads due to adblocker. The hard part is starting homework, I usually start around 5pm because I'm online or masturbating from 2pm. Don't do vidya on weekdays or before homework is done because you won't stop. No one can just stop vidya and do homework.

are you autistic?

>elon musk does it
brainlet confirmed

Don't fall into the rat race user.
It's a meme, and it will ruin you in the long run.
Just become a NEET, but take care of your health.

Effective laziness ftw
Learn to save then learn to invest, you will retire much sooner than your peers

It helps if you come from a family background that has a culture of hard work. The things you grow up around make a difference.

Elon Musk for example had a mom who told him he was a genius day after day, and encouraged anything he showed an interest in.

If he had come from a mexican family that is centered around sitting around with cousins and cracking jokes all day, he would not be where he is.

I literally can not force myself to study shit for more than 15 minutes, literally no chance of getting Jow Forums but I managed to stop myself from being fat by eating like once a day.
All my uni grades are Cs, and even though I understand that I won't get anywhere with them I literally can not fucking force myself to study , I'm already falling behind anyway.
All those "get shit done guides" are retarded because they only work once - for people who came up with them in the first place.
If shit gets real bad I'll just load myself with drugs to burn the fuck out but get good grades and then either get some trash job that pays nothing, commit suicide, or commit mental suicide by joining the army.

>he would not be where he is.
Yeah, ignore the part that Elon was already rich and that made things easier for him.

Lol grad student cuck. Im making big bank while you churn out the 1000th "AI" paper

Is this a burger thing? I live in Europe and companies require a copy of your degree on file.

I spent 15+ years trying to be a musician but I had your same problem. I was lazy about it so I was doomed to failure. I couldn't get myself to do better.

Started programming 6 months ago and it's all I want to do. I could spend 12 hours a day on it if I had time.

So I don't know what to tell you. You have to love it.

One thing is I have no discrete graphics card. That might help.

>Leveling up in real life is not easy
Quite the opposite. Who's setting the bar of when you're leveling up? You yourself do.
So consider the following:
Doing a 5 minute walk around the block can be considered leveling up. Even more so if you make it a daily ritual. Doubly so if you sit around all day in the office for example.
In other words, if you think even small changes are not considered leveling up, that means you're setting the bar for yourself too high.
Baby steps is where it's at, user.

I study around 8-9 hours a day and I have been doing this shit for 1.5 years.
What you need is motivation and a sense of competitiveness.
Might sound normie af but try hanging out with people smarter than you. You are the average of the 5 people you hang out the most with. If you surround yourself with hard working/smart people you would feel like a total piece of shit and start working hard out of shame.
Idk this worked for me, might not work for you OP.