Falcon Heavy just landed all three sections successfully

Falcon Heavy just landed all three sections successfully.

Attached: Falcon_Heavy_Side_Boosters_landing_on_LZ1_and_LZ2_-_2018_(25254688767)[1].jpg (3000x2000, 801K)

Neat

>actual quality post with useful information
>1 sad "Neat"

this doesn't cure my depression. nothing does.

NASA use gentoo

NASA hire this man

tfw born in the early development phase of space technology.
tfw won't become a space cowboy.

it doesnt' count as a successful landing if you drop it in the ocean

but one of the boosters fell into the ocean

The fuck are those fins? lmao

Have they relaunched a rocket that landed yet? I haven't been following

This was like 2 and a half weeks ago.

April 11th.

Why are you making a thread about it now?

That was already done back in 2017.

SES-10 used a first stage booster that was previously used on CRS-8

uh

Too bad the Dragon test just failed.

Attached: 1339550542697.jpg (266x239, 10K)

It's not rocket science.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1024x575, 131K)

That's pretty awesome. SpaceX claims that they'll be able to reuse each rocket basically indefinitely, thousands of times. Is this a hyperloop tier meme or actually viable?

It was more than 12 hours ago m8

more than 12 days ago

Therefore, my statement still holds.

>proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Attached: 6de9c4f70136a7993e0d05bb4987aa37--eye-beetles.jpg (736x552, 132K)

owned

quantum Wormhole drives fucking WHEN

No they didn't. That was like a week ago, you just watched a restream. The core booster fell over because the water was too choppy

>

Attached: (You).suck.my.jpg (2048x1150, 448K)

that's lovely, honey

Hopefully space falling into the public's hands is what we need to get off the planet and continue the human race once the earth is fucked in a few hundred years

Well, they are regularly reusing Falcon 9 cores now, and Space X is the cheapest launch provider, so the refurb cost must not be that much. SpaceX is really pushing for full reusability with their next rocket, Starship, and are going with a really interesting design for it. Starship is going to be made of stainless steel, and basically "sweat" liquid methane out small holes near the hot spots to keep them cool enough. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Here is a picture of the Starhopper test platform SpaceX just built in Texas. They have done a few very short test hops with the new engines SpaceX has developed. Amusingly, SpaceX hired a watertower company to put most of it together. Which should be fine - this is just a test platform, and isn't supposed to go more than a few miles high.

And as a side note, the hyperloop isn't a meme - if you are on Mars. The partial vacuum proposed for the hyperloop on Earth is pretty much exactly the same atmospheric pressure on the Red Planet. If you look at any of Ol'Musky's projects, they are all about getting people to live on Mars.

Attached: 11304618-6835247-image-a-5_1553230479559.jpg (634x423, 66K)

>If you look at any of Ol'Musky's projects, they are all about getting people to live on Mars.
When I look at them they seem to be about laying claim to 100+ years old ideas and selling them as your own, like the vacuum train that is pushing 120+ years now IIRC.

>it doesnt' count as a successful landing if you drop it in the ocean
Yes, it does.
It doesn't count as a successful recovery, though.

That's not their claim with Falcon 9.
They reckon about 10 times with little to no refurbishment, and up to 100 times with refurbishment.