China Tourist OPSEC

I'm heading to a trip to Shenzhen soon because I'm a dumb tourist. I want to see the techno dystopia at its core before it becomes too hostile to Americans, but I'm also paranoid as fuck about the Chinese border agents putting shit on my gadgets. What are some recommended OPSEC strategies, Jow Forums? Burner devices with dummy accounts? Best VPN to use? If I install WeChat am I immediately part of the botnet?

Attached: ghina.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

leaseville.com/apple-iphone-x-64gb-space-gray-verizon.html
youtu.be/cCOAbkTs_a4
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/china-travel-advisory.html
uhrp.org/about
uyghuramerican.org/
uyghurcongress.org/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/12/thieves-fry-kenya-power-grid-fast-food-2014122884728785480.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8IJxO44kq24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

try not taking gadgets

No

Attached: trashman.gif (580x433, 1.62M)

You're welcome to stop by, user, I am 80min away from Shenzhen in a place called Guangzhou.

disposable film
color contacts
never remove your gloves
plastic surgery
forged passport

You'll be part of the botnet either way. If you want to bypass the national firewall, grab a cheap VPS and setup a Shadowsocks proxy.

Based

Attached: 67cff1f158f4154bb758a4af496e19142d9c86990bd9dbabc919742d613aee24.png (800x800, 1.85M)

I'll be on transit which looks like it would be over 6 hours lol so appreciate it user but probably not this time
I'm running OpenVPN out of a server in my home but probably need to get it working over port 443 to bypass the GFW. Am thinking I'll just rely on a commercial one.

OpenVPN services are very iffy in China and can easily be (and have been) identified by the GFW, the same also applies to commercial OpenVPN service providers.

Your best bet is to set up a Shadowsocks proxy server; It doesn't take long to setup and yields the best results when in mainland China in terms of reliability and speed.

Ok, I'll look more into that then, thanks

Don't take a cell phone, buy one there and DO NOT TURN YOUR BURNER PHONE ON INSIDE THE US. You're going to look very suspicious and probably find things very difficult if you don't have a phone, but I think they have phones in airport vending machines so you'll probably won't have an issue up until then. Take a camera, ideally a film camera. Write down as much as you can on paper. Don't connect to any English websites whatsoever, or if you must, use the phone you just got to make new accounts. Do not post about your experience anywhere using any of your "real" devices or even the burner phone, exclusively use a (used) burner laptop you'll buy with cash once you get back, connected to public wifi. Physically go out of state to post about your experiences using the burner laptop and only that. If the site you want to post on requires an account, make a new one using a new email (protonmail is probably fine). Wait a month or two before talking or posting about anything you saw or did. Don't talk to any asians.
This is all because they will cross reference your posted experience with their extensive trace of you they generated while you were there, if you give them any reason to want to do this. But if you're this careful and nothing else got leaked to them before you left, here's what they'll know: the account from which you posted, and the email address you used for that account. From protonmail, they can get the IP you made the account from, which points to a mcdonalds in nebraska.
Granted, there's only so much you can do. You have to give them your passport and if a person's date of birth is part of the information made public when you buy a house, they can find exactly where you live anyway. If you were dumb enough to have social media accounts using your real name before you left, they probably already have your real phone number. If the US passport bureau is willing to cooperate, they can get your address and phone number from that.

medication for your schizophrenia

hide your phone in your anus

Hang on I forgot something. You need a new credit card to buy stuff while you're there. And that's probably going to be the problem, really, because you can't get the burner phone without a card and you need a phone number to get a card. You can't use your real credit card to get the burner phone or anything else, they can just get your information from your credit card company that way. Hell they can probably get it from you booking the flights or from your travel agency. Using a privacy.com card probably isn't going to work, they'll probably roll over and give them your real information if they say they're conducting a criminal investigation on you.
With that in mine I think you shouldn't go. Unless you want to be stuck praising china and president for life Xi Jinping with every breath for the rest of your life.

Your choices are:
1: get burner gadgets then sell them when you are done with them over there
2: open your gadgets and take photos of all the innards, compare that when you get home, and remove anything you see put on them that's different from the original image
3: disable your gadgets so they can't boot up before you go through customs so they can't put software on the

I have to ask why is leaking my real phone number and address to them such a threat? Because since they have my passport and know the state I live in, they should already have enough information to obtain those from public records. That information should already effectively be compromised. My concerns are more about them obtaining account passwords, access to financial records, emails and messages, etc. Also I think it would be possible to obtain a used phone there somehow with cash, and then just use a prepaid data-only SIM, which I already bought. I don't post about my experiences online, just share photos with friends and family through iCloud or iMessage at most.
>inb4 itards btfo

> Go to China
> Don't talk to any Asians

Lol good luck user.

> implying that they will be physical implants instead of rootkits/malware

God you are dumb

Since I'm an iTard, this seems like a pretty inexpensive option for a burner too as they let you lease-to-rent leaseville.com/apple-iphone-x-64gb-space-gray-verizon.html

*iToddler

Post picture when user arrives to Guangzhou

Because if they know your phone number, they can make threatening calls to it. They can get your employer from your social media if you ever listed where you work in association with your name, or get it from your tax info if the IRS is willing to just hand it over, and harass them until they fire you just to make it stop, or glean from them their business hours/what shift you work if the receptionist is dumb enough to just tell them. They can contact your contacts, and ask them questions about you if your employer won't give up that information. And if they know that, they know when you're vulnerable to break ins. They can contact various thuggish looking morons on kikebook and tell them when your house is undefended and they can break in. They can do the same to all your family too. And they can do all this again, and again, and again, and YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET THEM TO STOP.

You've never dodged collectors before have you? How sheltered of you. This is so cute. lol

Attached: girls_laughing.jpg (398x241, 29K)

Well, OP's not coming to Guangzhou so no deal

You can at least shoot collectors when they're in the same country as you. Collectors do not call random people and tell them to break into your house, or tell them where they can find you so they can beat you to death. Collectors don't like to resort to breaking and entering because they don't want to pay for whatever they would break especially if it's an apartment you don't own, and cops might not let them regardless.
Agent provocateurs don't have these restrictions.

Don't go to china if you expect it to go well.
You can and will be held as political fodder if there could be an advantages to the CCCP

Is it really like this? This sounds insane

Burner computer/phones.

Might tell us the sources of your knowledge or it's just some shit you pulled out your ass to scare future user kun?

bring in nothing. no data or electronics. if you will need internet access set up an account with a VPN provider in advance then buy a shitty laptop/phone once you get there, don't store private shit on it, then wipe & leave them there when you leave. if possible pay with cash for everything you can while there.

then again you need a passport to get in/out anyway so you're fucked anyway. go to taiwan instead

Why would Chinese border agents put shit on your gadgets unless you're very high in the US govt?

Ibet China just buys everything they want to know on anyone from their copy of the Apple/Google/NSA data or w/e.

Bring a burner laptop with files on all the censored content and china and then give it to a school kid as you leave and go home

Attached: 1520769653008.jpg (367x446, 41K)

The WORLD has gone insane. You shouldn't have to EXPECT that these things can happen to you, but anything that can go wrong will go wrong with enough motivation. If you just think a bit about what information you've exposed to the public, what information you've given to organizations that will sell it to whoever wants it bad enough, and what someone COULD do with that information if they wanted to make your life hell, you'll understand why you have to do things like change your phone number immediately after signing up for a credit card, using a PO box for the billing address. It's because when you're just an entry in a database, you're not a person, just something to extract things from.

I want you to make videos or a podcast

What for? You think some Chinese kid will start a rebellion over some past government's crimes?

No it's a prank idiot. He'll get got

I went to Hunan province for 61 days. Take a train up to Lushan mountain, seriously. You'll need to take the cable car up during the day or pay a driver but it's very much worth it..

Seriously that place is 10/10. Propose to your GF there, invite the president for a talk tier. A USA president was invited there a long time ago.

Oh I forgot to mention, China is based af. They don't care about you and they won't touch your phone.

DO NOT OVERSTAY YOUR VISA or they will not let you leave. I did that and barely got out of the situation. They made me write an apology letter to the head boss who thought I was cute or something and take a photo with them.

they totally checked your phone for nudes if this person thought you were cute

checkmate I didn't have a phone and the chinese are based af, they wouldn't do that.

I left a wallet with about 400 USD in RMB currency in a restaurant in Lushan. I went back later that night and they gave it back to me and refused to keep a tip. One time I left a pair of nikes in a restaurant in LA and they stole them lol. China is alright.

Literally don't take non-throwaway. Buy a very inexpensive tablet for the flight and load it up. Buy a prepaid phone there and any inexpensive chinese knockoffs to bring back as personal devices.
Don't go to poverty zones even if you get invited to a party by something pretty.
Don't be fat.

>China is based af. They don't care about you and they won't touch your phone.
Yeah, you probably would have to post something like that if you didn't want someone to break you kneecaps with a baseball bat in your office parking lot.

>implying China has crime
there's no crime in China, they care about appearances. The cities are trying to develop.

No pollution, no crime, no homeless, etc. There's also very few uniformed cops so conspiracies abound.

>poverty zones
loool, and he should just take his regular phone.

Dude even the people who are buying $0.15 steamed buns are okay. China is very developed, and in some ways a lot more developed than the USA.

Chinese police arrest women for online posts youtu.be/cCOAbkTs_a4

dat transit system tho

holy mother of jesus are their trains godly. The USA is stuck in the 1800s, only 3 rail lines and it takes multiple days to go coast to coast. Not to mention the BS that is amtrak.

China will give you another train ticket FOR FREE if you miss your train. Their trains can also go 150 MPH+ and the magnet trains go faster, upwards of 280 MPH.

>cherrypicking a country of 1 billion people

>police run over baby
>woman burns husband face off
etc

OP, you can get sim cards in shops with cheap data and stuff. It's really cheap.

dude, just take the sinopill spend money and come back a cyborg. see how much it costs to CRISPR your shit up.

Humans can't really integrate CRISPR changes believe. It's a protection mechanism.

maybe you can come back with like 5 kidneys, just velcro those shits in and if you don't reject a few you are golden.
jokes aside, I would like to see the tech centers

Its the advice I got at the time, 6-7 years ago, staying out of bad ares is good advice for everywhere. Everyone was really nice though, I wasn't by myself like op. Plus there's travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/china-travel-advisory.html

I was in Changsha for like 40 some days and I rode rented bikes probably more than 15 miles. I couldn't for the life of me find bad areas/homeless.

In the entire 40 days I found 1 homeless bed, it was nuts. In Portland, Oregon I get freaked out seeing downtown at night, there will be 30 homeless on a street corner.

It was actually too clean imo, and with the development and cleaning up the air over the years it's easy to form conspiracies that they're hiding the homeless or something.

I hope I can ride some of these railways at some point. Our transit system is denser, but not as fast.

Is it just Changsha? I thought they had quite a few homeless people overall, the authorities try to keep them out of view, preferably in shelters and such... but there are still quite many, they just try not to be noticable.

> It was actually too clean imo
Were you ever in richfag Europe? Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Finland ...? It's also hard to see any homeless people there.

Theoretically, the local government in that region in China would just have to shelter / house people (and send a bunch of social workers/bureaucrats to deal with people's situation apart from just having the police pick them up) to almost not have any homeless people.

I just don't know if that's the approach they'd have taken there.

No, I've never been to those nice places.

My local friend from Changsha was saying they probably do something like that.

I only was in Changsha and the tourist cities like Lushan or the national park in Hunan Province. I also saw some smaller towns along the way.

There were people begging but it's just so out of control in the USA that it paled in comparison. I had a memorable experience being near skidrow at 5AM in LA when I was 17.. I almost cried. I remember asking the bus driver if I was safe holding back tears and she looked confused.

He's a shill, of some kind. Do not believe his enhancements to the truth.
Remember, he gets more social credit for telling you how great china is.

The Chinese most likely put their homeless into gas chambers

social credit is BS, if you had guanxi before, you can influence the adjusters anyway

China won WW3 and they invented time travel technology soon afterwards. We are living in the past as the future already exists.

They are monitoring your brain right now without you even being aware of it. It doesnt matter anymore. They know everything.

I had to travel to Iraq a couple of years ago and my strategy was to create a twrp nandroid backup of my phone and leave it at home, then reformat and use my phone without any data on it while travelling and throughout my stay. Didn't bring a laptop, but I would suggest something similar of imaging your drive, storing the backup at home, and then DBANing the drive so there is no recoverable data.
Of course you can also just buy a burner phone/laptop and bring those devices with you and leave your actual stuff at home, so you wouldn't have to worry about backups or anything of the sort.

I think has some good ideas but he is being too cautious. If you're legally traveling to the country they already know your full name, address, phone number, maybe SS, etc. No point in going out of your way to try and hide information they already have. And once you're back in the US I don't see much reason to hide your identity from them as they have no jurisdiction here, and assuming you aren't going there to commit some crime, they don't have much of a reason to even care.

>Best VPN to use?
Can't answer this, but I have heard that china has blocked some VPNs, so when you're looking for a good one make sure to look specifically for good VPNs in china, not just good VPNs. Don't install any proprietary apps that are available in china. Virtually all of them will have a backdoor for the government because if they didn't they wouldn't be allowed.

This sounds like how you get tossed in a jail cell for acting like a foreign spy

\thread
Buy some burner over there
Otherwise just take burner gadgets

A major thing of importance is not making it too obvious you're trying to hide things. That's how to get someone taking personal interest in you, which is how you get your shit targeted and compromised. You're a tourist, your best bet is playing the tourist while taking a few extra precautions.

Schizo: The post

I've traveled to China dozens of times carrying all sorts of electronics and yagi antennas without anyone caring. This is all paranoid fucking nonsense. You get far more scrutiny going through any Western border

>Don't talk to any asians
quite right, all yello spies. Esp. passport control, they worst. Give and tell them NOTHING

no, it's a larp

Yeah, this post reeks of someone who has been watching too much China Uncensored. Sure, China's a gulag shithole, we get it. Don't take your personal phone or laptop with you because even if the Chinese spooks don't install some kind of malware on it, the Chinese internet is so full of malware that you'll probably get it irredeemably infected while you're over there. The fucking massive number of viruses and people trying to steal your identity worry me far more than the Chinese government. Also, your passport has your home issuing office on it anyways. They're gonna know where you live if you so much as try to step foot in the country.

I've also criticized the Chinese regime on multiple occasions, called them crooks, liars, thieves, murderers. I've donated money to Uygher charities just to piss off my wife's bitchy Mao-loving, flag-waving friend from college. I've gone to see the Shen Yun dance thing. And hell, I've complained about the Chinese government to my wife's uncle, who WORKS for the fucking government (National Bureau of Statitstics in Chongqing). The guy agrees with me and pretty much throws up his hands and says "I know it's terrible, but we need a strong government or the world will rape China like they did before. So we must tolerate the bad government to prevent ourselves from ever being taken advantage of by a foreign power again, because that would be even worse than what we have" (apparently upwards of 4/5 government employees share this attitude and just see themselves as cogs in a machine with decent pay. I suspect they haven't been to Taiwan). And to this date the Chinese government hasn't sent any goons after me even though I should be a prime goon target. I'm more worried about our own fucking government. The Chinese don't pretend that they're anything other than scoundrels. Our government pretends they're doing everything for "muh freedoms" while secretly cooking up shit like Operation Northwoods.

Wow you didn't say a single fucking thing in that entire piece of shit you wrote.

long live mao, long live China.

I can confirm this post.
Also where/how do I donate to Uyghers??

网自由? 天安門 天安? 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安? 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 劉曉波??网自由? 1989年4月15日天安?广? Winnie The Pooh 北京高校学生自治?合会

>No pollution, no crime, no homeless, etc
This is a crock of shit. What nonsense.

There's no perceived homelessness because all the homeless people are chased away from the visible areas by police and end up in squatters apartments or tents on the edge of the city. So you don't see anything in perfect downtown Shenzhen, but when you go into the surrounding countryside, oh Jesus...

Crime? Sure, compared to America or the UK, there is very low perceived crime. You can walk around at night in most areas without needing to think twice about it. But there are a shitload of pickpockets, scammers and fraudsters of all types, identity thieves, etc. There are also a number of mass stabbings that get suppressed by the national media and only usually make it into the local news. Usually it's committed by someone who is suicidal and/or has mental health issues, because the mental health system in China is fucked.

Pollution? Depends on the place. Qingdao is not bad. Neither is Pingyao. Even Shanghai is tolerable. But holy shit, Beijing and Chongqing were suffering. My throat was on fire the entire time, I couldn't stop coughing, and my eyes turned a beet red colour. Fuck those places. The pollution is unbelievably bad, it's like fucking Machester in the industrial revolution.

>they care about appearances
This part is right. Which is why cities keep banning mopeds and then wondering why they have overloaded public transport and catastrophic traffic jams all of the sudden. Can't look poor, even if it means bringing our infrastructure to its knees.

>I've gone to see the Shen Yun dance thing
Isn't that a group for Chinese dance? Why would that offend the Chinese government?

uhrp.org/about

uyghuramerican.org/

uyghurcongress.org/en/

你去,朋友

明,如果你现在Jow Forums,我将把我的孩子当作美国人抚养,你不能做一件该死的事,婊子

>Why would that offend the Chinese government?
Because it's run by the Falun Gong and it's basically set up to say, "look, China had 5,000 years of culture and history, and the communists have ruined it all"

I've actually heard of Chinese women who've threatened to divorce their naive gwailo husbands because they were so incensed that mighty China could be insulted so. Frankly, I would probably accept such a divorce request, were I them.

It's basically a revival of the old culture of China that was destroyed by Mao (and friends) during the cultural revolution. They can't even perform in China themselves.

user can buy disposable credit cards with cash and just take them with him.

Why do you even bother?
You're probably going to die when an escalator swallows you or a lift crashes into the ground.

Surprisingly I've heard of both Falun Gong and Shen Yun, but I didn't know they were associated. The more I learn about China, the worse it seems.

1989 Tiananmen Square massacre

Yeah, the truth is ugly. I spent my entire college career believing my useful idiot white professors that the Chinese government "was like a big corporation", a benign entity that was "only interested in making money". When I actually went out into the real world, I discovered that

1) Big corporations, particularly tech companies, are hell-bent on domination and control, and will do whatever they can to achieve those ends. They are sometimes constrained by the law, so imagine how bad things would be if the law wasn't holding them back
2) All the older immigrants from China can't wait to get the fuck away from there and are busy doing everything they can to become the most American people they can be. Why? Because they're fucking afraid for their futures "back home". My very neutral views on China were smashed largely by Chinese people.

Wrong, it's a religion and religious propaganda is banned in China.

>I am 80min away from Shenzhen in a place called Guangzhou

Together with just 40 million other people, user surely will find you easily.

don't listen to this guy unless you want china to think you're a spy and take your kidneys

Enjoy the gutter oil, fake eggs, plastic rice and tainted milk. Oh and dont ask where they get their organs from after giving HIV to most of the farmers in the whole blood plasma racket.
youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

Attached: 1554005572891.png (800x264, 167K)

jesus christ.
have you seen what they do in africa?
aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/12/thieves-fry-kenya-power-grid-fast-food-2014122884728785480.html

Meh, Africa. They have done that in all all the old colonies. Zimbabwe had a huge issue as well with that but well.. you only have so many things to steal from while you dig up rats instead of figuring out how to farm after scrapping anything of metal and all farming equipment.

>BrOkenVPN
>not WireGuard

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 19.24.08.jpg (3840x2168, 598K)

If you are this paranoid,
>phone
Buy some used chink redmi and put a burner sim in it or borrow one from someone. You are gonna need phone a lot there so this is a must. Forward all calls from main to burner.
>Laptop
For laptop use a gnu/linux distribution booted from a portable usb drive or better a sd card if you have an in built card reader. That way if for extreme cases they have botnet software distribution for linux, you can just break it when going back. Remove all hard drive and use a portable storage for all use.

But whatever others say, don't try to fuck with the surveillance camera with stickers meant to confuse neural network algorithm if you don't wanna be stuck in China for the rest of your life. Largely, you will be fine even without doing anything.

>buy one there
you can't buy a cell phone in china if you don't have a chinese national ID. you don't just "buy a cell phone" in china.

correction, you can buy a cell phone, but you can't get a SIM without a national ID, which is then registered to the SIM

Could you leave some teleggram/wechat/etc to contact you?

Just take with you a phone that you wouldn't care if it was compromised. Use wechat, it's pretty cool, you may even find a cute chineses gf :3

youtube.com/watch?v=8IJxO44kq24
Check this. This guy helps to build GULAG 2.0 for Russian corporate KGB.
Video is in Russian, but you can get translation subtitles easily.

We didn't need to starve farmers to develop you filthy communist.

Where do you get this crap from?

Border agents just check your passport and done, never check any gadgets (it isn't America).

Source : my wife is Chinese and I go there every few months. Literally never looked at any of my devices or they've even left my pocket....

Steam? Would that be OK?