It should be illegal to not have replaceable batteries

It should be illegal to not have replaceable batteries.
It is 100% planned obsolescence to do otherwise.

Attached: 1555737496637.webm (522x606, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

globaldirectparts.com/oem-lg-v20-stylo-3-stylo-3-plus-battery-bl-44e1f/
forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Sanyo-Battery-in-T430s/td-p/1200938
reuters.com/article/us-lenovo-recall/lenovo-recalls-thinkpad-batteries-made-by-sanyo-idUSN0130064720070302
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/how-is-your-thinkpad-sanyo-battery-holding-up.513280/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1540003530271.gif (500x491, 376K)

>phones
>laptops
>portable music players
>battery gets dry, product is now useless
>no way to replace

Apple is successful why?

>hp spectre x360 battery is getting dry, maybe lasts like 3 or 4 hours now, pretty much always has to be plugged in now
>batteries for my model are like $100
>the delta-cost is enough to make me consider just getting a lenovo laptop where cheap replacement batteries are an entire industry on its own

>his laptop batteries arent built with high quality japanese 18650 cells
yikes

Attached: 1543680785774.jpg (800x533, 46K)

what laptops use these that arent some fuck-all thinkpad looking laptop from 6 years ago

How to achieve the effect in OP picture? I've seen it everywhere but dunno what to search for.

>company releases headphone
>no removable wire

Attached: il_794xN.1798893495_lbcs.jpg (794x635, 91K)

there was a couple based threads this weekend where an user was making them for us and uploaded a zip of them all

they're all from him

Attached: 1555805465132.jpg.webm (750x750, 825K)

They make laptops without removable batteries now? What the fuck?

That's my main complaint about the audio-technica headphones I have. I could solder on some connectors, but I don't care enough to bother.

Attached: 1548897321647.png (489x424, 129K)

>buy cpu
>no removable backdoor

Attached: 1555800838525.webm (750x692, 2.55M)

doesnt it make worse e-waste

I was buying a new laptop recently, and I was extremely disappointed in how the standard had deteriorated:
>No removable bettery (nowhere, no chamce on a new laptop)
>No CD/DVD drive (except on extremely cheap ones with ancient CPU and no GPU)
>No ethernet port (not as widespread, bit I would say 50/50)
>pretty much impossible to buy anything without Win10 preinstalled
>nothing has Win7 drivers from the manufacturer
>every keyboerd has numpad, wasting space (when have you last used the numpad on a laptop)
>UEFI

you sound like one of those boomers that buys decade-old used thinkpads from ebay

Seam carving it is. Thanks user.

>oh no! my battery is kill!
>hello nice genius man, can you please fix?
>sorry sir, it looks like it's unfixable. we've got the latest model in stock though, and it's only $300 more than your model was at release
>oh, okay! thank you!
>wow, what a nice genius man

you can still replace them, though.

Same. Consumers find it acceptable to buy shitty hardware, where you can't even replace the hard drive or battery easily.

There are quite a few performance and cost benefits for non-swappable form factors. They are probably more relevant for phones than laptops, though.

like what

The most obvious is that a sealed battery does not require additional protection from damage and liquid, so fitting it into a smaller space is much easier. This also means that you can have batteries in odd shapes, like the L-designs that Apple has done (for improved capacity). Foldable battery technology could probably never be removable for some of these reasons.
The positioning also allows for better thermals and overall increased efficiency, since with no battery covering the back of a phone you can dissipate hest more reasonably, which in turn improves battery performance.

Hello mikufag

Attached: 1554801647156.jpg (1000x1399, 453K)

Those aren't 18650 cells lol

i want to nakadashi miku

Based

Attached: 1548290439612.gif (550x485, 1.01M)

> robot which milks you while smugly staring at your helpless body
I did not know I want this.

Name one product that does not have a replaceable battery.

Not sure about calling her a robot, but she is built for sex.

Attached: 1554147984891.jpg (1060x1500, 735K)

>t. Mac twink
Okay. retard.

all cpus have a backdoor, user (yes even AMD)

ßæ§ěđ şäťãņïă pœšțëř

Fuck this gay earth. Luckily I don't use laptops or a dap, but I do use a phone and mine does have a removable battery and headphone jack. I don't know what I'll do when they stop making phones like mine.

Maybe I'll end up getting a dumb phone or a phone targeted towards boomers like the jitterbug

Honestly, everything is so chinky these days that the phones fail before the batteries do.

>It should be illegal to not have replaceable batteries.
Seriously this.

99% of smartphone battery is non-removable now.
The only one left is LG v20.

All my v20 batteries are some fucking chinkshit fakes. Where do I get some genuine batteries?

I tell you worse.
Kids toys with SEWN IN / SHUT IN batteries.

Yip. Small children's toys, plushes, Angry Birds, etc. They have batteries, but you can't replace or remove them in any way or form.

Have fun!
ps.: Fuck nature.

LG has a direct link to a supplier that sells genuine parts, I guess people forgot almost every phone OEM who isn't Apple actually sell parts to end users
globaldirectparts.com/oem-lg-v20-stylo-3-stylo-3-plus-battery-bl-44e1f/

You can replace them in both phones and laptops as long as you aren't a tech illiterate thot and know how to use a screwdriver.

Thanks m8

You can replace the battery in any phone though.

They really don't make it easy, it's really clear that they don't want you as an end user replacing it

> high quality japanese
> fuckin sanyo
forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Sanyo-Battery-in-T430s/td-p/1200938
reuters.com/article/us-lenovo-recall/lenovo-recalls-thinkpad-batteries-made-by-sanyo-idUSN0130064720070302
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/how-is-your-thinkpad-sanyo-battery-holding-up.513280/

Sanyo made my TV. It is good.

So?

You are absolutely unironicly right.

In case you want to do it for yourself, it's content aware scale tool in photoshop. It's RAM consuming to do it though