I9 9900k

So I went ahead and bought one of these bad boys along with a 2080ti and I have been nothing but impressed. Do you guys only continue to push AMD because you are poor or something? Every knows Intel CPU's are far superior and AMD is meant for budget builds

Attached: i9.jpg (679x679, 31K)

I'm poor but not why I push amd. Don't like having 125+ vulnerabiluties in my cpu.

You know what the difference between rich and poor? Rich think before spending money while poor boast about spending

Attached: 1554894481623.jpg (1024x857, 162K)

Attached: AbeOik6.jpg (160x160, 3K)

I literally just bought that (CPU, already have a 2080) and a total of $1300 in parts on Amazon because my computer broke today due to a CPU issue.
Rip my old 4790k, you were a beast

>2080ti
>not titan rtx
poorfag

If you have money always go intel. AMD is subpar.

What issue?

Attached: asdf.jpg (835x467, 70K)

Just swapped out my 4770k with one of these as well. no regrets

Attached: 1555469890676.jpg (960x686, 514K)

>not running amiga 4.0 on power pc.

Thanks for the blog post, rajeesh.

Attached: thisisjewish.png (623x626, 87K)

Hey guys, I too own a 9900K with an industrial refrigerant water chiller. However my SSD performance seems to have been axed in half. Do any of you fine gents happen to know how to disable the 20+ security mitigations on my intel system? Security doesn't matter.

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

No clue. Windows blue screens after running for 10 minutes to cache or kernel issue. Tried swapping ram. Booting my arch ssd up results in kernel panic before boot

How to use 9900k as a normie like a boss.

Setup power options profiles

turbo : maximum processor state 100%
will boost as close to the 5G it can

balanced: maximum processor state 99%
will not boost and stay at 3.6GHz on all cores

mileage: maximum processor state 20%
will run all cores at 800MHz and is perflectly fine for everyday usuage and also some gaming

i9 runs hot that's all I'm saying, we don't need thing sprinting at all times

If you actually bought it, why are you posting a pic from the internet, faggot?

please stop trolling.

>4 year old mobile cpu is the same as high end mainstream modern cpu that has already fixed the issue. Not a brainlet btw

Sweet man enjoy the extra 30fps. Now you'll be getting 180 fps on your 144hz monitor and i'll only be getting 150 on my 144hz monitor. Sucks you had to spend way more but yea enjoy that.

>what is frame time
>what is input lag

>Not a brainlet btw
If that were even remotely true you'd know there are MORE security vulnerabilities and exploits on modern kaby/coffee lakes trash heaps.

I sure love getting 150fps while I play my 5 year old game on my Ryzen

It's not about being poor, it's about not being tricked
If you want a company to steal from you it's ok, just not think everyone is as stupid as you

Any idea where I can get a nice tinfoil hat like that one too

>incel doesn't spy on people
haha okay

i too own the 9900k op. it bretty guud. ignore amd fags who are poor. they just jealous all they can afford is a shitty 6 core and ramen noodles.

Attached: Capture.png (403x402, 30K)

>doesn't think amd doesn't fuck you over
amd wants to be intel. they just don't pull as many tricks as intel because they literately can't. they're not intel and they need all the retards like you to keep buying them.

Nah. Intel cpu's run too hot and use more energy than the competition (not to mention their security vulnerabilities) . At the time i used their cpu's, but for now i'm team red.

amd only uses less power because they have a hard limit of 4ghz. they can't go over. intel only uses a lot of power when motherboard manufacturers don't enforce intel recommended P1 and P2 specs because they want to ensure all core clock of at least highest turbo frequency.

>intel spec
>P1 95 watts
>p2 +25% over P1, so 118 watts.

a lot of motherboard manufacturers don't enforce that on their mid to high end boards. my gigabyte example had unlimited P1 set. changing it to 145 watts P1 and 175 watts on p2 drastically lowered temps and power consumption. but also max boosting frequency under abusive loads. prime95 went from 4.7ghz down to 4.2ghz. but lower power consumption and temps.

>amd only uses less power because they have a hard limit of 4ghz.

From what i have seen, Intel are less efficient at the same clock speeds.

not really. they're ~about~ even. especially when you factor in the fact intel IS faster clock for clock overall. i think it was andatech or one of them did a big dive in power efficiency and found best case amd could be around 3% better when factoring in intel being faster and balancing for that.

So by your logic I've go to go with the one that actually fucks me over right now overpricing and allowing vulnerabilities all over because the other one doesn't fuck me and have prices that are right and do no dirty tricks but hey, maybe he wants to fuck me as well?
wtf man, that's some serious retarded logic

says the retard

not really unless you're a retard. 9th did a lot of hardware fixes for the previous vulnerabilities. only reason why intel is getting hit hard in that category is because coffee lake is still based off the p3 which is based off of the original pentium. ryzen on the other hand was a from the ground up architecture not based on anything. same goes for bulldozer. amd themselves admitted they didn't focus on security hard during ryzen's design. mostly performance, just like intel. amd themselves have admitted in so many words they simply have been getting lucky. much like the smt vulnerabilities, amd pretty much admitted they just got lucky because they didn't go with their designs because of security but because they liked the design more. sooner or later amd will start showing some pretty nasty ones as well the longer they stick with zen and the more time goes on with people probing them.

I just bought 2x Epyc processors and a motherboard to slap 'em in to, what's your excuse for not accepting the dualcpu pill?

prices for ryzen are only low because ryzen is slower.

>that's some serious retarded logic
Choosing intel tells you all you need to know about their reasoning capabilities and state of mind.
Don't bother.

Its about time Zen 2 comes out man, why couldnt it be in march like first gen.

>already fixed the issue.

Attached: 1501250462016.png (600x600, 32K)

this. i only buy amd because i don't support jews and their subversion of western culture.

Attached: 1520571623323.jpg (388x525, 63K)

>Buys inferior goods

intel is jewish garbage. parasites bent on tricking innocent whites in hating their own self interest for the benefit of zion.

Attached: 1539282973912.png (200x200, 45K)

>Getting a i9 9900K at its current price when Zen 2 is literately around the corner and most likely cause massive price pressure
> i9 9900K is marginally faster than lesser Coffee Lake Rs in most content

Your build is nice and all, but zen2 promises that same i9 performance for around $329 with a decent cooler included, and a much lower TDP (therefore, the mobo can also be considerably cheaper)

Not everyone is willing to pay more than $500 on a CPU you know...

pooZen 2 isn't going to come anywhere near i9 performance. AMD is lag-filled shit. That's why it's cheap.

So we all know intel CPUs have vulnerabilities up the ass yet they release new CPUs that don't address the issues and people still buy them?

The 3850x most certainly will. Not sure about the rest though.

SSD SPEEDS DON'T MATTER SSD SPEEDS DON'T MATTER SSD SPEEDS DON'T MATTER SSD SPEEDS DON'T MATTER

Vulnerabilities that have no real-world impact for 99.9999999% of desktop users versus outright garbage performance akin to Sandy Bridge-E from eight years ago.

Tough choice.

Threadripper already beats the i9, and the 2700X comes close. I don't see why zen2 couldn't beat it, specially with the superior 7nm node

/thread

The funny part is that Intel is both.

This shit gets repeated ad nauseam every time AMD has a new release and it is never the case

Because they are much more powerful CPU's. AMD hasn't been competing with the top GPU's or CPU's in quite a while now

>Don't like having 125+ vulnerabiluties in my cpu.
>buys android phone
>browses a website with google captcha
Jow Forums in a nutshell

meant for

The 2700X and 2600X already exist and beats everything Intel has at their prices, so what is your point exactly?

Because AMD is aimed at people building on a budget but are average at best. While intel has the monopoly for the upper range of CPU's. This is also true with their graphics card range with nvidia. They dropped out of the high end market because frankly their high end stuff hadn't been similar quality in a while

well yeah but they're still slower clock for clock, slower in gaming, even in games that can use high thread count like bf:v (the fucking 7700k crushes the 2700x in it and still crushes the 2700x in 99% of games). all ryzen has going for itself is good parallelism performance in specific tasks that can actually utilize proper parallelism. its why amd is so cheap now because they have to be when they have the overall inferior product.
>games
anything intel. even the locked 6 cores.
>premium multi-thread performance and games
>best multi with little focus on single thread
threadripper
>best multi with focus on single thread
skylake-x
>multi on a budget with little focus on single
2700x
>games but can use more threads for non game stuff
2600x / 2700x

Hows'is? I'm worried because it's my first build.

Attached: ss+(2019-04-23+at+07.42.25)(2).png (1168x736, 72K)