Press S to Spit on His Leather Jacket

bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-04-22/musk-boasts-tesla-built-best-chip-in-the-world-drops-nvidia

>“At first it seems improbable -- how could it be that Tesla, who has never designed a chip before -- would design the best chip in the world?” the chief executive officer said Monday at an investor day focused on autonomous driving. “But that is objectively what has occurred. Not best by a small margin, best by a huge margin. It’s in the cars right now.”

Why does Nvidia keep fucking up? What does this mean long-term?

Attached: jenhsunsad-250x188.jpg (250x188, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12598/nvidia-arm-soc-roadmap-updated-after-xavier-comes-orin
sv.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/09/01/dolphin-progress-report-august-2018/
sv.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/08/14/state-of-android/
xda-developers.com/dolphin-emulator-fixes-vulkan-api-android-pie-wii-remote-pointer-emulation/
developer.qualcomm.com/forums/software/adreno-gpu-sdk
disqus.com/by/alenladavac/
thestar.com/news/insight/2017/01/15/he-says-freedom-they-say-hate-the-pronoun-fight-is-back.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why does Nvidia keep fucking up? What does this mean long-term?
but muh gaymes tho

Sounds like marketing/investor wank to me.

The only way I can see them functioning better is that they were designed from the ground up to do autonomous driving related math.

ENVIDYA's chips were re-functioned graphics chips.

also adding

>Nvidia disputed some of the claims Tesla made in its presentation, saying that the electric-car maker was comparing a whole computer’s performance with that of one chip. A full system based on multiple Nvidia chips would be more powerful than what Tesla showed off, the Santa Clara, California-based company said.

This is just Musk cost-cutting I would imagine these custom NVIDIA units are pricey.

Attached: IT90_nvda_062416_ibd.jpg (1000x565, 127K)

Yeah but multiple chips from nvidia would require more wattage, Tesla is efficient

I'm not a nvidia fan but believing anything that musk says is as retarded as listening to Alex jones.

>ENVIDYA's chips were re-functioned graphics chips.

Graphics chips are powerful image processors and vector math processors, which is very easy to translate to autonomous driving applications.
nVidia are also including machine learning co-processors in their newer chips, which would also be beneficial for self driving.

Tesla just announced a new computer with zero track record and zero details at an *investor* event.

Nvidia was probably selling tesla the same SOC that's in the nvidia shield and Nintendo switch, that's many years old now

[citation need]
From what I see, the Tesla has two chips on their board too.

I would like to see some benchmarks of the two comparing performance per watt etc.

But this is a cost thing.

Nobody is contradicting Musk's claim, though. It seems that these days bigger corporations are increasingly capable of making their own custom products instead of relying on other companies. It's no surprise that such a big share of NVIDIA's business is consumer gaming, because at least they can't make their own GPUs.

Teslas were using a customised Drive PX2, a Pascal based setup. It's over a year old now, but I doubt that would make a lot of difference to what the car is capable of.

nVidia's latest Drive platform is around the same age, but they still claim it's capable of full Level 5 self-driving.

if you can do the same shit yourself without paying an 20-40% extra why would you stick with nvidia?

This was always going to happen. Every cent matters in the car industry. Using Nvidia GPUs at whatever insane profit margin Nvidia operates at is not sensible when you can make a purpose built chip that's always going to beat out the general purpose GPU.

>Tesla build ASIC believes CNN approach solved Level 5 self drive.
Tesla bet for it.

Remember, no company works with ngreedia twice after getting a choice.

People don't realize that Elon has the eye on the future. Dude's practically an autistic genius.

He doesn't give a FLYING FUCK about making the best/most affordable electric cars and he doesn't give a shit about TESLA in general as a company.

All he cares about is for future large car manufacturers to buy/license his technology and patents. For example his batteries, autonomous chips such as this one in OP, etc.

That's the biggest thing he's looking forward to, he knows TESLA will never be as big as Mercedez, BMW, etc...

Attached: 75c4dc14-3714-4a84-8edc-2cedbd639397-omar.jpg (2986x1680, 295K)

>purposely built chip is more efficient than general purpose gpu at processing images and sensor data
doesn't seem that improbable to me, its a custom asic built for one purpose and one purpose only, of course its going to be miles better than anything leatherjacketboys has to offer

we know its from amd since the very first day keller joined tesla

even there I'd probably go for amd, fuck nvidia

Attached: raw.jpg (460x264, 16K)

Nvidia didn't fuck up
Tesla just hired this guy before he went to Intel
The chip market is literally this one dude competing with himself (Apple, AMD Zen, Intel, Tesla)

Attached: jim-keller.jpg (853x1280, 481K)

>Update: NVIDIA has claimed that Tesla’s comparison is not accurate with a statement they provided to MarketWatch claiming their comparison was against NVIDIA’s Xavier which is designed for driver assisted technology and offers 30 TOPS Tesla’s claimed it offered 21. They claimed a more accurate comparison for fully autonomous driving would be against their Drive AGX Pegasus which offers 320 TOPS, Tesla’s custom chip offers 144 TOPS of processing

Fuck off

lol, musk confirmed fraud once again

anandtech.com/show/12598/nvidia-arm-soc-roadmap-updated-after-xavier-comes-orin

Nvidia will destroy Tesla again with Orin

It's asics vs gpu why are you all so retarded

Dude it's just a highly specialized ASIC.
A proper chipmaker has to make designs which are far more flexible.

>Tesla shares closed down 3.8 percent, while Nvidia finished up 1.2 percent.

Who cares. Tesla circles the drain with every earnings call. The I-PACE is a viable contender (albeit with shorter range) and the Germans are on their way to truly destroy them.

Also, he's apparently banging Jordan Peterson's sister.

So it's kind of the same as quentum computers

this nigga seems like got it

Tesla gaymen GPUs when? The market is desperate for a competitor to Nvidia.

Never.
>The market is desperate for a competitor to Nvidia.
Intel in 2020

GeForce Now is fantastic
I've been playing there for the past 6months exclusively
They are pretty future proven in the PaaS department

I love this corporate war/banter.
Feels shadowrun-esque.

>This is just Musk cost-cutting I would imagine these custom NVIDIA units are pricey.
novidia has the gaymen tax.
you have to use their libraries, you have to pay license to every shit they can sell you,
plus you get a generic design, which novidia is not going to make modifications for your need.
why would you buy a generic arm with some novidia gpu, if all you need is opencl cores and a generic arm cpu?
do you know how easy it is to dump opencl cores and an arm cpu? do you know how cheap it is to do that prototyping on ultrascale fpgas and then move to asics?
tesla didn't fell for the goyimworks... and that's good for them.
novidiots on suicide watch. everyone figures out slowly that memetraycing memelearning and all those big words are just ALUs that anyone can instantiate with a couple of design suites.

Nvidia is going to lose the AI market, AI ASICs will take all their sales in this area, there's no need for GPU solutions.

>Intel in 2020
now this is a /Street-Shitting General/ thread

well except for that he is buying batteries from Panasonic

Didnt Tesla push hard on some custom fab CNN tpu?

Don't believe the lies of a certified nutcase.

Tesla is a meme, they'll never make anything good or turn a solid profit.

Doubt. People still don't have a clue what's the appropriate NN for basically every problem space and there are new NNs and applications every day. GPUs are at least computationally flexible unlike some custom fab ASIC

> Intel vs Nvidia

Whoever wins, we lose.

shuddup, pedophile tunnel climber!

based shitwrecker. we don't deserve him

>imagine he is the only one that understands what his chips do
What a buisness model

>ASICs perform better than general purpose hardware in some scenarios
who would have thought

Attached: wc9wv4m0edk01.png (801x1022, 479K)

They were. Musk said months and months ago this is what they were doing and Nvidia made similar claims. They're ASICs for autonomous driving and image recognition (pretty sure it was some ML Jimbo) since tesla isn't relying on lidar for object detection, so of course they're better than nvidia's tegra chips. This is old news

this.
nintendo should just went with a reference arm soc with the biggest gpu cores they can fit.
instead they went with power hungry novideo fabbed at a cheap 20nm.

They probably got them at a nice price, it was already an outdated SoC at the time the Switch got released. And Nvidia GPUs actually have working drivers, unlike your average ARM chip from Qualcomm, Broadcom or whatever. Why do you think you can't find a good looking game on phones when they are literally more powerful than the Switch's Tegra? It's because they only have raw power and no drivers. It's basically the AMD/Radeon scenario but way worse.

>Oh no, our general purpose chip isn't as good as Tesla's job specific one!
RIP Nvidia

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>Teslas chip:
>240% the performance
>120% power usage
BAHAHAHA

Attached: 1555217482465.gif (336x430, 534K)

This. People are tired of Musk's messias announcements that usually end up with huge delays and/or huge disappointment.

Aka nVidia devices are general purpose and have no purpose for Tesla serve while Tesla chip is a specialized chip designed for self-driving cars.

>trusting botnet Tesla OR botnet nvidia
AMD master race.

Nvidia could make a consumer mobile chip as powerful as a 750ti and they'll say it provides near PS4 level graphics.

It's almost like building specialized hardware for a task is way faster than slapping enterprise branding on a GAYMURR graphics card and calling it a day.

What are you trying to say?

who in christs name thought it was a good idea, Tesla got into chip-making ? Then, piss off your previous suppliers completely into the bargain, just to ensure you totally screwment after you discover, chipmaking ain't as easy as it looks after all ? Everyteim Musk opens his trap nowadays, its Yet More Hyperbolic BS

Attached: elon-musk-fume-un-joint[1].jpg (1920x1080, 119K)

Because open gl es is garbage and mobile developers aren't skilled enough to do vulkan. In the end it's not gpu it's your api spending all it's time using your cpu for compiling to machine code for your gpu

>Shadowrun
my nigga

We need a deep fake of Musk's face on the Torvalds "Fuck you, nvidia" video.

Attached: 1oblzh.jpg (278x181, 16K)

AMD has ironcally no drivers

FUCK BROS! I have lost so much on Nvidia stock it's not even funny. my gf says I need to get a part time job at the apple store to make up for my losses, since I promised I would pay for her and Tyrone's Alaskan cruise!

Attached: aKCAW5x_d.jpg (640x647, 35K)

That's like saying Sony buys LG panels and makes TVs.

TESLA just built a giant, biggest in the world, battery manufacturing plant in China. TESLA is years ahead in battery tech, which requires shit like power management, firmware, etc.

Do you not understand how businesses work?

>Jim Keller is married to Bonnie Peterson, sister of clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson
hmm

He needs to whoo the investors long enough hia debts are paid in stock not cash
Its why he attacks anyone showing his decisions

the upside is nvidia gave us the rcm exploit, so its not all bad

WAT?

What? I've tried it on my Shield and it was HORRENDOUS.

Processed on an nvidia gpu?

Bullshit.

Fuck off, shill.

Except for the fact that tesla opened up all its patents.

Sure thing m8.
sv.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/09/01/dolphin-progress-report-august-2018/
sv.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/08/14/state-of-android/
xda-developers.com/dolphin-emulator-fixes-vulkan-api-android-pie-wii-remote-pointer-emulation/

Also, if want a real world example of their drivers being a broken mess, just grab any modern device with a Snapdragon 835 (Adreno GPU), install GTA SA and play for some minutes. The amount of graphical glitches will amaze you. That shit doesn't doesn't affect others device neither their previous SoCs.

While you're right about openGL ES being garbage it's also true that mobile GPU drivers are bottom of the barrel shit

/thread as always w/ Musk.
100% scam/bullshit artist

They became too arrogant. Just like Sony.

So, is this what the CERTIFIED SHITWRECKER worked on?

Attached: 1549017549598.png (255x345, 105K)

Nvidia sells a general processor that can do calculate anything.

What tesla probably did was going to an ASIC route. With very specific types of calculations in mind.

>this is what musktards actually believe

Scroll at this page and say that again with a straight face.
developer.qualcomm.com/forums/software/adreno-gpu-sdk

Yeah that's why he gave away all this patents. Idiot.

yes

The claim was he wasn't at Tesla to design anything, just to help them select the right hardware for different applications.

disqus.com/by/alenladavac/

Attached: file.png (558x1154, 156K)

Press c to caress his leather jacket

How could one man be so genius?

Aliens

its true.

thestar.com/news/insight/2017/01/15/he-says-freedom-they-say-hate-the-pronoun-fight-is-back.html

Holy fuck based shitwrecker fucks intel for AMD, then fucks Nvidia for Tesla? Apex Based.

am I going to be able to use my robotaxi in the hyperloop?

When he dies, that will be the end of drastically increasingly better chips in that sector for another 50 years.

Google does the same thing. They build their own ASICs instead of buying that overpriced garbage that Nvidia sells. Since every single major company that worked with nvidia got fucked in the ass they will never ever go for them again searching for solutions and will spit on them everytime they can. Everyone hates nvidia, EVERYONE, only blind fanboys who gets their overpriced binned/cut down spare gpus cares about those fuckers.

what about amd? do they make custom shit for their customers, or are they like nvidia, and sell them generics and say fuck you, you got no one else!

nvidia are backed by the cia

Bullshit artist Elon Musk always announces unrealistic and quickly abandoned projects at his investing event.