Do you reckon daddy Stallman uses this board / Jow Forums?

do you reckon daddy Stallman uses this board / Jow Forums?

Attached: 19b6614.jpg (5564x4459, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html
Jow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, this place is full of inane comments.

Nope. He has said it himself

Also it uses a ton of non-free software.

If he does, I would like to see him eat a bowl of spaghetti with tomato sauce that is the same size as his belly.
>Also, he needs to install Gentoo, if he doesn't he isn't welcome here.

>he needs to Install Gentoo
That's not happening because he specifically said this:

>I have a low opinion of Gentoo GNU/Linux.

>Gentoo is a GNU/Linux distribution, but its developers don't recognize this; they call it "Gentoo Linux". That means they are treating me and the GNU Project disresepectfully.

>More importantly, Gentoo steers the user towards nonfree programs, which is why it is not one of our recognized free distros.

>Gentoo is a GNU/Linux distribution
Except that's wrong, as Gentoo supports the use of different libcs, coreutils and compiler toolchains.
>steers the user towards nonfree programs
>has to configure ACCEPT_LICENSE explicitly to allow nonftee software
We should get RMS to re-evaluate his opinion.

No.
But Louis Rossmann does. Fucking juden.

>We should get RMS to re-evaluate his opinion.
Feel free to email him but one thing you won't really be able to change is
>steers the user towards nonfree software
As long as it's possible to install nonfree software from the official repos, it steers the user towards nonfree software.
He's extremely picky about it and as a result there's only a handful of FSF approved distros.
Same thing with Debian actually, even though you have to manually add the nonfree repo the mere existence of it is enough to disqualify it.

Additionally the handbook does encourage installing sys-kernel/linux-firmware (and Debian has the nonfree iso) which is another way they "steer the user towards nonfree programs"

“I do not post on Jow Forums. I have nothing against it in principle, but I am told a lot of the posts nowadays are right-wing bigotry which I condemn totally. I have occasionally answered questions for interviews for Jow Forums, but I have never posted anything there. Any posting there that says it is by me is by an impostor.”

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

Makes me wonder what will happen to the FSF when Stallman finally kicks the non-proprietary bucket and gets buried in a non-proprietary coffin with non-proprietary dirt, while a non-proprietary priest chants a non-proprietary prayer

He does come here occasionally literally what else is he gonna do when he is alone with his comp fucking play freetuxcart my sides lmao no he comes on here and then gets mad because "this place is full of inane comments" i have seen more than enough evidence lurking on this board to know that he occassionally posts but then get's irritated with you guys because you guy's are not parroting his belief system

RMS if you are reading this i want to tell you this

>The world will never have 100% free software that is a fools errand
>Proprietary software is necessary so that free software exists it is like ying and yang the one drives the other
>do not get mad about what Jow Forums says dude you gotta realize that not everybody is going to believe in your ideals and you need to accept that, it is very simple opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they are going to differ from yours if you cannot accept that then you are going to spend your life stressing when you could relax and enjoy your freedom hell meme with us have a joke once in awhile you are way to serious
>Personal opinion(remember just an opinion) People should be able to use proprietary software if they want to that is true freedom i agree that proprietary software should be avoided because the program does control the user but the truth is that true freedom is the freedom to choose the life you want to live somebody running 90% free software and 10% proprietary is not going to face the same issues as 100% proprietary software and 100% control they have given 10% of there control away so that they can have the freedom to do what they need to do

You are very one track minded stallman i respect you and all you have done but you have become a legend in your own imagination learn to be a bit more humble i think it will do you so good

I do think you need to relax a bit more man you have been at war for too long let others take over humble yourself look for someone to settle down with

Attached: Relax.jpg (474x315, 41K)

>Literally what else is he gonna do when he is alone with his T400s
Write basic HTML blogs about why you shouldn't use a wide arrangement of proprietary services, programs and hardware, all while enclosed in his shell of freedoms
I mean, the man is a meme and has been mocked endlessly, but it's exactly because people know he has a one-track brain and will get ticked off easily by the ubiquity of proprietary shit
tl;dr the man needs to take a chill pill

Fall apart probably

You have to be 18+ to post here

This isn't Jow Forums, fud.

Wait what he actually dislikes Debian because there are official non free repos available?

Attached: 1544466998309.jpg (415x392, 51K)

where

It'll be a rabbi asking for shekels.

I wouldn't say he dislikes it since Debian is a fully free distro but because the contrib and nonfree repos exist it won't be endorsed by the FSF.

To quote from gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html
>Debian is the only common non-endorsed distribution to keep nonfree blobs out of its main distribution. However, the problem partly remains. The nonfree firmware files live in Debian's nonfree repository, which is referenced in the documentation on debian.org, and the installer in some cases recommends them for the peripherals on the machine.

They're just extremely anal about what distros are considered fully free and I believe there's less 10 at the moment. You shouldn't take it as RMS or the FSF outright disliking the distro, especially with Debian because they don't include nonfree software in the main distribution.

Jow Forums.org/faq#software