GTX 1650 officially launched

anandtech.com/show/14255/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-1650-budget-turing-for-149-available-today

The gaming performance of a 1060 3g, all at 75 watts for $150. This is a buy.

Attached: 1650.png (657x592, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_570_Pulse/28.html
evga.com/articles/01326/evga-geforce-gtx-1650/
youtube.com/watch?v=_9AwtwHawkE
youtube.com/watch?v=EQeoyo9SLTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty good for budget builds yeah, easy 1080p 60fps

but i'd prefer the ti version i think

fuck this naming convention

>performance of a 1060 3g
>2019
>This is a buy.
Poorfags are hilarious.

Attached: homer.png (335x455, 196K)

It's too expensive for such a turd. Efficiency gains aren't as impressive, since it's still 12nm.
AMD pulls like double the power at the same performance, so this is really only viable for upgrading shitboxes with bad PSUs.

>This is a buy
KEK

Go away, AYYMDPOORFAGS

Your 150W HOUSEFIRES is uncompetitive and doesn't have modern features like Feature Level 12_1 support or even VP9 hardware decoding

>Still on 16nm
kek

Wait till they hit 100usd or less
1060 3gb lowest tier perf isn't worth 150

>1060 3GB $150 2019
You can't be fucking serious lmao. What the fuck is this garbage ? Fuck nvidiots and their turing gaytracing we need a new gpu generation already.

>1060 3g
>2019
>This is a buy
This is how retarded nVidiots actually are.

This is a 25% reduction in price for the same performance from last gen, and done at 75w, the gold standard. This is the best value turing card there is.

That's still dogshit considering it's not even as fast as 6gb 1060
No doubt nvidia will roll out a Ti version as a stop gap when navi hits

Agreed I have a 2080ti and it just wasn't a big enough jump from top end pascal
Hell I had a 1080 and was expecting 2x the performance but it can't quite do it.
Vega wasn't worth waiting for I had a 56 and sold it.
They really are stupid mate

techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_570_Pulse/28.html

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES simply embrassing, consuming more than the 1 6 pin power connector 75W and PCIe slot 75W allows, it's out of spec with the PCIe spec

Attached: power_average.png (500x650, 28K)

>performance of a 1060 3g
So it's trash then. It should have had the performance of a 1060 6gb but with less ram. People are going to see "1060 performance" but won't realize that they are two different cards. Nvidia continues to sucker the consumer.

The card you linked has an 8-pin, you drooling fucktard. At least make an effort.

The 1060 equivalent is the 1660, which was a price reduction of $30. This card isn't supposed to reach that performance.

>$30 reduction
>3 year old card
That's $10/year!

Absolute bargain. Have you ordered one yet Jow Forumsoys?

Don't blame the nvidiot, it's not anyone's fault he's born retarded.

evga.com/articles/01326/evga-geforce-gtx-1650/

>3 slot
>1 6 pin power connector
>For a 75W card

NEVER GO FULL RETARD LIKE EVGA

But they've gone so much further than that

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-24-01-37-49-07-01.jpg (1079x1669, 340K)

The only 7nm product AMD has is a rebaged enterprise card with terrible performance for the price.

Not to mention it's a 16nm design fabbed on 7nm, hardly even worth mentioning.

Navi announcement in June. Turing is DOA.

Navi will be midrange cards, or do you actually think AMD will cannibalize the Radeon VII sales only 6 months after launching it?

This is a thread mostly about low/midrange. And Turing is absolute shit on anything below the 2060 (arguably also shit due to the small amount of VRAM).

1650 is trash, hopefully the 1650ti is better.

Who gives a fuck? In another 6-12 months Nvidia will have their 7nm cards hitting the market.

>Turing is absolute shit on anything below the 2060
literally what?

1660Ti shits on anything AMD has in that price range assuming you give a shit about literally anything besides price/performance ratio

But assuming you're a poorfag NEET, you probably only see price/performance ratio and litearlly nothing else matters to you.

Brainlets like yourself deserve shitty AMD performance, so please, continue with your ways.

Rx570 still better for only 130€
Novideo BTFO

>Who gives a fuck?
Anyone who wants to actually buy a card bellow 500$ at this time period.

>terrible performance for the price
Wut? The Radeon VII was perfectly capable for the price and competed with 2080 quite well.

The problem wasn't the performance for the price, its the performance for the hardware. AMD hardware bruteforces approach is will pay off better in the future due to better drivers/game engine updates, but its lack of proper driver optimization causes the hardware to use more power, that's the main issue with Radeon VII.

AMD desperately needs their own "Unreal Engine" moment where they can push their own middleware software to take advantage of their hardware and they need to support the company in a symbiotic/mutual beneficial way the way Nvidia is doing with Unreal Engine/Epic for the last decade or so. The more AMD middleware software gets used = the more success AMD will have.

the beast has been unleashed

It's pretty clearly worse value than it's direct competitor, the 2080.

It offers less FPS per $ and offers less performance overall by ~15%.

Attached: 2019-04-23 11_51_59.png (2065x773, 350K)

EVGA is fucking stupid, desu. I wanted their 1660ti thinking the smaller size would be better in my mitx build until I realized how fucking fat it was.

The 1650 is my new favorite card for 60fps 1080p builds I think, and the Ti will DEFINITELY be it. Take it with a grain of salt, but these are my current choices for the builds I'm doing for customers. They are in order of ability as well, so don't go full retard when you read what I list.
>1080p60
1650/RX570
>1080p144
1660ti/V56
>1440p144
V64/R7/2080

Asus/MSI/Sapphire being my primary choice of manufacturers. You need an aftermarket cooler or a custom loop on the Vegas.

As I said, its initially worse due to lack of driver optimization. Radeon VII will benefit immensely from the optimizations as it ages. I think its going to be the next R9 290 beast once it fully matures.

youtube.com/watch?v=_9AwtwHawkE

where;s your driver?

>sure it's shit now, but just wait!™

Lmao, kill yourself AMDrone.

>16nm
amd is 14nm.

Radeon VII is clearly 7nm, are you a retard?

Further, while global foundries might call it 14nm, it's less dense than intel's 14nm, and is much closer to TSMCs 16nm node.

It's a 16nm design on a 7nm process.

>Only poor people are frugal for an entertainment luxury

Let me guess you don't even own where you live.

my God almost three years from the release of my 1060 and there aren't gpu which can deliver like 3x its performance
tell me Jow Forums why should i upgrade

I mean, the 2080Ti is around 180-200% faster.

Not the 300% you want, but it's clearly a massive performance gap.

Radeon VII is a more of a demonstrator rather than an actual product. Its more like a collector's item than an actual product at this point due to the limited amount it will be manufactured and for good reasons, the margins are either negative or very close to nil.

And?

That doesn't contradict the point.

"Its hardly worth mentioning" is the point the other guy was making and its relevant.

how is it compared to a 580 4/8gb?
since they are around the same price.

the only cool thing is that it doesnt need a power cable as it seems, just like the 1050ti

How is it not worth mentioning?

I replied to this post making fun of Nvidia for still being on 16nm (which is true, even if they call it 12nm). I pointed out here that the only 7nm consumer product AMD has is just a 16nm design fabbed at 7nm in order to rush to be the "first" 7nm GPU.

I agree it's a garbage GPU and not worth buying, but it IS 7nm, I clearly pointed out in my first reply that it was a worthless 16nm design fabbed at 7nm.

What exactly is your problem here?

Attached: untitled-15.png (686x960, 80K)

pretty good for a new card, but i think i'd rather try getting a 6gb 1060 used for around $130.

Kepler aging like milk never fails to amuse me.

wah.
i made a mistake.
lets move the goalpost so i don't look like a retard.
wahhhhhhh

I didn't make a mistake, I did it on purpose to shit on GF's "14nm" node cause it's a joke to actually think it's real 14nm.

>16nm design fabbed at 7nm.
lol what a retard.
you clearly don't know how chip design works.
opinion discarded.

wah
wah
wahhhhhhhh

Is this a joke? This card fucking sucks.
I wonder if the red Radeon VII will be any better.

Attached: sq7shekcnb[1].jpg (511x543, 74K)

Are YOU retarded?

It's GCN5, which was produced FOR 16/14nm node.

All the Radeon VII did was take that same GCN5 architecture and shrink it to 7nm.

Navi will be the FIRST architecture from AMD that is actually DESIGNED for 7nm.

I'll wait for the Ti version

go ahead and keep making a fool of yourself.

>16% weaker than 570

lmao, the only one making a fool of themselves is you.

GCN5 is the primary reason it's a worthless GPU, it has no HDMI 2.1, it's simply an old architecure fabbed on the newest 7nm node.
A TRUE 7nm design exists in Navi, but it aint out yet.

they aged just as well as the amd cards that released alongside them. not sure what you expect a card from 2013 to do in 2019.

Yeah man hawaii runs like sh-oh wait, except it runs a lot better even in THE GAME that was known for killing AMD cards (again, the hawaii based ones as they were the flagships at the time).

Remember: in 2014 a 780ti was faster than a 290x across the board by a good 10-15% (sometimes even more).

novideo poorfags btfoed again

>easy 1080p 60fps
This is meaningless unless you consider the graphic settings for the game.

Yeah you can get 60 fps with this if you're playing on medium settings, and sometimes high, but any newer games are gonna be too much. It performs similar to the 1060 which is already 3 years old

Yeah this will be the time AMD gets competitive. For realsies this time.

How does it compete with the rx570 and rx580? that's it's direct competition.

The rx 580 and 1060 6gb are pretty close, and can pull ahead of each other depending on the game.

The 1650 is like a 1060 3g, which is worse than a rx 580.

If you're on a budget to maximize price/performance, and don't care about power draw, the rx 580 is objectively the better buy.

Slightly below the 570, at half the power usage, it's okay, good for optiplex hoarders

In an Nvidia optimised game, it'll be worse in non gimpworks titles

>The gaming performance of a 1060 3g for $150.
>This is a buy.
I can get a RX 580 for that price.

Attached: 1544233345147.gif (1336x1358, 2.34M)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: performance-per-watt_1920-1080.png (500x890, 49K)

>do you actually think AMD will cannibalize the Radeon VII sales
Radeon VII is a stopgap made of borked enterprise dies that cant even turn a profit because of manufacturing cost. So yeah i think AMD is willing to "cannibalize the Radeon VII sales"

performance-per-watt is not relevant when all the competitor cards can run on a 400 watt PSU.

Well, the RX 580 is power hungry. Your electric bill will go up, and the 1650 has high quality turing benefits. Your PC will look better and run cooler with no power cables running to your GPU, and the 580 won't be on sale forever.

>TFW 1660Ti owner

Attached: 1456207082839.png (424x412, 276K)

clearly you have never payed a power bill in your life if you think the power cost difference between these cards is at all significant.

Attached: 46ec1cb2f9a197c530deb8185fe8ae61.jpg (838x734, 132K)

About 5 bucks a year provided you run the card at near full load 2hr a day on average

I've never paid an electricity bill in my entire life, but I know that small things like computers are insignificant because my father has only ever complained about running the washer, dryer, dishwasher, and air conditioner at peak times. If my computer had ever been a huge energy sucker, he would've said something.

yeah yeah peak times but sometimes laundry is fucking nasty and needs to be washed

depends on the computer and how you use it.

If you're encoding 24/7 on a high end rig and gaming when it's not encoding, then you're gonna be using a GOOD bit of power comparable to any major appliance.

we are not discussing high end cards in this thread.

Your father is a retard, most of the electricity is used up by your fridge and heating.

RX 580 is significantly faster and cheaper.

I actually have a 1080ti.
The 1650 is a very niche product.
stop with the amd vs nvidia autism and try to take an objective stance fucking nigger.

where can you buy a rx580 for $150?

> 1060 3g
> This is a buy
It's not. Unless you want to upgrade again in two years.

Ignore this user goyi-guys. You'll want to upgrade in two years to get the latest and greatest experience!

Attached: old man huang.jpg (475x324, 23K)

>The gaming performance of a 1060 3g

LMAO. Its a 15% downgrade in performance.

weird, mine never goes above 100W

>slower than $100 cards
nice

> He doesn't undervolt

Moron

The 470 came out in 2016, still has better perf than the 1650, and has better perf/watt than the 570.

>we need a new gpu generation already
You should be glad Nvidia is sandbagging by not jumping to 7nm as it is. If nvidia decided to go with 7nm and drop their 50-60% unit margins they could drop RTG out of the market permanent like.

Turing has been out for half a year...

youtube.com/watch?v=EQeoyo9SLTo

2080ti consuming 150-160W while running within 92-94% of stock performance. Tell us more about how great AMD is at undervolting as undervolting nvidia cards almost doubles their already massive power efficiency lead

I don't really care about the extra power cost, I just want a cool and quiet system. AMD doesn't have a single card that delivers.

>Tell us more about how great AMD is at undervolting
Ok. It's the best. It's literally so easy that all you need to do is press a single button in the drivers and your card becomes 33% more power efficient.

Bait? Sapphire makes cool and quiet AMD cards. I've seen 570s with lower load noise than the 1650s released today.