/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5-9400F/9600K - Great gaming CPUs
>R5 2600/X - Great multithreaded use CPUs
>i7-9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous: >

Attached: crazy thai PC.webm (1280x720, 1012K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/FgZz4q
pcpartpicker.com/list/PDdFjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/rLWz4q
ozbargain.com.au/node/452430
ozbargain.com.au/node/452507
geizhals.de/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-yd192xa8aewof-a1664904.html?hloc=at&hloc=de
computeruniverse.net/de/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-12-kern-12-core-cpu-mit-350-ghz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Radeon VII or 2080 Ti? Should I also wait for Zen 2 or just pull the trigger on a 400$ 9900K?

2080Ti. Wait for Zen 2.

The Radeon VII competes with the 2080, not the 2080Ti

The 2080Ti is obviously better, it just costs a lot more.

Even the 2080 is better than the Radeon VII, and while it still costs more, it's not much more (at least when compared to the price of a 2080Ti)

Will an overclocked 8600k bottleneck any current GPU on the market?

Attached: gear-pc-thailand.webm (1280x720, 1.08M)

2080Ti and 9900k obviously

2080Ti and R7-1700X.
Just kidding, the bottleneck is real. 7nm Ryzen can't come soon enough.

Attached: NewGuts.jpg (2048x1536, 939K)

That's really nifty.
About to get a UPS, anything I should look out for?

Desired wattage, features, and making sure it's a non shit brand. I have an APC 750w UPS for my server. Has Ethernet Jack's, surge protection, as well as USB to connect to the PC. When it detects the power is out and you're on battery, it'll tell the PC to automatically save all open work and then shutdown. Also not all UPS units offer surge protection. My UPS is plugged into a dedicated surge protector.

Get something with active voltage regulation

If you can afford it, pure sinewave output is preferred.

Should look at the games you actually play.

And yes, you should be looking at frametime graphs. But yes, they are harder to find.

With 4Gb you might have to turn textures down in future games if not some current ones at 1080p.
I'd get a 570 8Gb and OC it. But you'd need a model with a decent cooler to OC, like one that's already over 1.2GHz stock.

No idea. StoreMi is something you set up after Windows is installed.

I'm excited for their application in async compute. It can do it at lower latency. Say things like procedural generation on the iGPU during loading, or compute shaders at less than 1 frame latency. I was programming that years ago, but it was a mess getting it to work on the different version of Intel iGPUs. But with better Intel iGPUs coming too... in 10 years it might have enough adoption rate to be doable.

>The Kaby Lake G parts already have an iGPU on par with an RX 570.
No they don't. You need to reread those numbers sourced in that article. It is less than half.

The 2080Ti is like 50% more expensive. How is this a comparison?
Wait for Zen2.

The VII is the best AMD does have as of now so that's why and watercooled it apparently is surpassing the 2080

i mean, if you water cool a 2080, it'll pass the R7.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/FgZz4q

How is this first attempt of a build? And what GPU should I buy?

Uses: gaming, music production
Budget: preferably around / under 650€

Any SFF fags here? I'm considering stuffing my Vega 56 Pulse and a 65w Zen 2 CPU inside a Raijintek Ophion Evo. I'm currently getting very low temps on a Coolermaster Q300L (Vega and a 2200G with stock cooler). Will everything fry on boot?

Reposting:
I'm looking at buying some more mobile systems.
What year did Intel start having security issues with their processors?
>inb4 they're all backdoored
I'm sure all of them are to some extent, but I'm talking about proven problems.
Also, have the Atom series ever had such issues?

Attached: Human_Divinity.png (1366x768, 2.23M)

Thank you.

Ryzen 5 2600 and i5 9400F are the same price at the moment

Which should I get? New to this, sorry.

If you're gaming, Intel, if not, Ryzen.

Motherboard and ram is cheaper for the 9400f so that

are the rx gpus going to be updated anytime soon? I wanted to upgrade from my 380 but buying a 2 years old card like the 580 doesn't seem like a good idea

I have a 980 (my girlfriend bought one for me as a present like a week before the 1080s etc came out)

What get?

Buy a Vega 56

minimum 2070 or Radeon VII.

Yes, better than a 2080, but no the 2080ti. The 2080Ti is $500-600 more.

Pulse has quite a good cooler. You should be fine as long as the fans aren't within 1.5-2" of a surface.

2600. Same as the 9400f in gaming and better in everything else.

Uhh Vega 56 is already like a 2.5x upgrade over what you currently have and you could have found them for under $300.

Those aren't compareable. Radeon VII is compareable to the 2080.

>Those aren't compareable. Radeon VII is compareable to the 2080.
I never said they were, I said the minimum he should look at is 2070 or Radeon VII

It makes NO sense to look at Vega 64 currently, and obviously 2060 or less from nvidia wouldn't be worthwhile.

So he gets a 2070+ or he gets a Radeon 7.

the vega 56 is around 320€ in my country, still worth it? msi or sapphire?

>It makes NO sense to look at Vega 64 currently
Sure it does. It's roughly 2070 perform for $130 or 140 euro cheaper. The best model, the Nitro+, has been on sale the past few days.

If that's cheaper than the 2060, yeah pretty easily worth it. Don't get the blower, XFX, or Gigabyte ones, though. Powercolor and Sapphire make the only good ones, really. Maybe the Strix.

>Sure it does. It's roughly 2070 perform for $130 or 140 euro cheaper. The best model, the Nitro+, has been on sale the past few days.
yeah but if you're buying a new card TODAY, why the fuck would he want a 2 year old GPU? He's already upset from having bought a GTX 980 2 years after it's own launch, so why would he want to buy ANOTHER 2 year old GPU?

IDK about you, but if i were him, i'd be buying the newest GPU in my price range, and MAYBE wait for Navi.

>If that's cheaper than the 2060, yeah
actually they are around the same price if I get a lesser known brand like palit or manly

pcpartpicker.com/list/PDdFjy
I could use some help picking a GPU. I'd like to be able to do 1080p60fps on very high or ultra settings. I also do some CAD work and programming for school. Budget is about 400-500 USD. I heard from someone the vega56 was a good buy over the 2060 but it is a little older so I'm not sure.

Fair enough. should wait for 7nm GPUs such as Navi.

From what I've seen, those cheap 2060s usually have VERY bad coolers and are louder than a cheap Vega 56 like the Pulse is.
Like single heat pipe with milled aluminum heatsinks instead of fins bad. The sort of shit you expect on a 75W 1050 and not a 160-185W card.

ok thank you

Attached: 1551195658861.png (450x800, 333K)

Should I get the special edition Radeon VII graphics card or wait for the leaked Navi 20 graphics card (~25% more powerful than RTX 2080, Q3 2019, ~$450)?

I'm so tired of waiting to do a build and the Navi 20 graphics card leak could be fake.
Although, spending >=$700 on a special edition Radeon VII, only for a Navi 20 graphics card to release a few months later that's ~25% more powerful for ~$450 would be a really bad burn.

Core architecture is filled with security holes.

Modern micro-architecture designs are flawed.

ARM, Intel, AMD. All are vulnerable on a hardware level.

>microcenter has Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+ for $260
>Was returned twice
>First buyer didn't like that it has no RGB
>2nd buyer, the card wouldn't fit his case
>Buddy at said microcenter said the card is pristine, mint condition but open box and returned twice, so price keeps plummeting
>Clearance/open box Saturday is coming up where all open box / clearance items are an additional 25% off.
>Buddy says he'll hide/put the card aside for me until then
$195-ish for a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ worth it? Card has everything except the original box. I currently have a Radeon 7790 that isn't performing as well as it used to.

Yes, you dumb cunt, I'm so fucking jealous.
Especially with how Linux gaming is growing extremely quickly, this year.
If you have any interest in having the chance to even just try Linux gaming, AMD makes it far easier, so the Vega 64 would be the second best card for that.

yes. Unless you're dead set to JustWait(tm) for Navi, that's a steal.

>2700X
>Ryzen Balanced power plan meme plan
>no parked cores, but 1 parked thread per core in Resource Monitor
is this going to impact performance?

So what's the conclusion on this then?

It's the only thing holding me back from deciding on a build. If it makes any difference I will probably go with an RX 580 or 570 GPU.

>finally removed 8700k for max FPS
>8400f/9600k replaced ryzen for gaming
Took you long enough. Can't believe the people making these threads are this fucking incompetent.

just use ultimate performance or disable SMT, even better

high performance clocks every core/thread up while idling
disabling SMT is a meme and i shan't be partaking in it

How do I know what a monitor is going to look like before I buy it? I tried going to the only hardware store where I live and they only had 1080p TN panels that all looked the same. I've had my pc a month now and I'm still using my dad's shitty monitor with dimmed colors too scared to commit to a purchase. I don't give a shit about input lag or refresh rate, I just want it to look equivalent to a good tv, something that has the best colors for movies. I want to be sure I'm not spending $400 on something shit. All the jewtube reviewers only do videos on 'budget 4k' monitors that supposedly look shit, or 1440p 144hz widescreen meme pcs.
I don't mind if it's 4k or 1440p, but I do want the best viewing experience for $400. Honestly I'm considering just getting a tv at this point.

Except disabling SMT decreases latency which directly impacts FPS and system responsiveness.

Yeah it's quite a steal. Ok, I'll grab it. Buddy also said that the 3 free games offer is still there because the other buyers never redeemed them. I'll get REmake 2, Devil May Cry 5, and something else. Forgot the 3rd game.

Lastly, microcenter buddy also tells me they have an Acer 27" 144HZ 1440p Freesync panel open box for $130. Panel is perfectly fine, no problems, not even a cracked bezel. But the box it was in was dropped/crushed, and the stand the monitor actually attaches to is shattered, so I'd only be able to VESA mount it (I already have VESA mount). Should I jump on it? I am currently using a 1680x1050p monitor with horrible backlight bleed.

Pic related, the monitor in question.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190423-142721_Newegg.jpg (962x1280, 187K)

Lads QUICK i NEED an AM4 mATX motherboard which is not bigger than 22,6 x 18,0 cm in size

Attached: 1555472083586.png (831x799, 329K)

VA panel? either way, that's also a steal.

>VA panel? either way, that's also a steal.
According to Newegg yeah it's VA. Is VA bad?

Dear /pcbg/ I'm tired of buying canned air, do you have any recommendations for a small air compressor that would be good for cleaning electronics? As long as I wedge a screwdriver or something between the fan blades to keep them from spinning it'd be fine right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

I'll buy it if you don't. What microcenter is it at?
Like why do you even have to ask?

In pure gaming benchmarks, sometimes.
In actual real desktop use, no, since SMT helps reduce the impact of background processes.

The updated TUF with the better VRMs.

If you're paying a lot for an Acer monitor, get a Nitro model. They have the anti-blur.
Depends. VA vary the most.

Dust filters.

>want to play games on 3440x1440p display at constant 144Hz
>only Nvidia sell GPUs are that power
>Nvidia GPUs are obnoxiously overpriced
>Nvidia is a terrible company
>AMD is a decent company
>AMD offers better price/performance (up until very recently)
>AMD doesn't make a GPU that can handle 3440x1440p @ 144Hz

I fucking hate duopolies.

>What microcenter is it at?
Lol I'm not telling. My luck some user will be nearby and swipe it out from under me
>If you're paying a lot for an Acer monitor
I'm getting that Acer panel for $130 (before the additional 25% discount from Clearance Saturday)

pcpartpicker.com/list/rLWz4q

Here's my build, all based around Local microcenter pricing. Anything you'd change? The manually adjusted stuff is to take into consideration special discount pricing as well as bundle deal.

>better costs more
>therefore nvidia bad
settle for something worse if you are such a poorfag

Is it worth it buying used cards on ebay? I'm finding used rx 580s for around £120 which is similar to a new rx 570.

what are some small atx cases that can fit a nhd-15?

Attached: 67079414_p1.jpg (701x720, 213K)

I've seen them too but bare in mind most are re-furbished or used, or the 4GB versions.

I'd rather pay 20-30 quid more for something guaranteed new and returnable.

But if we're talking about used GPUs going for half their new price, I'd say go for it, but I can't personally find anything on ebay UK that's worth it.

Where to buy cheap PC parts or build a PC online in Germany?

Attached: germany-computer.jpg (800x400, 31K)

>that 1650 performance
Shamefur dispray.

aight cheers for the help

is it safe to ask about laptops in this thread pls no bully

Is Seagate really that bad as a HDD brand?

>The updated TUF with the better VRMs.

Do you have a link or something? I hope it's cheap

geizhals.de

To check prices, they also have reviews of all stores.

Computeruniverse if you can dodge VAT. I am unaware of German taxes when you import your own tech going back there, but they ship outside of Germany w/o VAT.

Ok, so I have some money and am wondering what to purchase next. I have a 75hz 1080p monitor. My internals are mainly a Thermaltake 850w psu, an evga 2070 xc ultra, and a 8700k. I'm thinking that a monitor upgrade would be next, but I am toying with the idea of doing a slight overclock. I don't think my fan placement is the best on my Corsair 275r. Could anyone chime in on pic related? For reference, the intakes are 140mm corsair and exhaust are 120mm stock fans; the cooler is a hyper 212 turbo (if it matters).

Attached: 1525395344740.png (1152x648, 18K)

If all you're doing is 1440p or 1080p, R7.

>From what I've seen, those cheap 2060s usually have VERY bad coolers
Nice shilling faggot, but how about people actually look at 2060 cards on a base per base basis? Pic related, one of the cheap ones.
But I guess 4 heatpipes and 2 fans would look like "too little" for a vega housefire shill.

>Like single heat pipe with milled aluminum heatsinks instead of fins bad
Though I agree there are some card like you mentioned and those should be avoided. However you are delusional if you act like all of them are, while the majority is more like my pic.

Attached: cheap 2060.jpg (2320x2184, 1.56M)

Cmon fellas

My Deathadder 3.5G's scroll click stopped working unless I press it extra hard. Should I get a Deathadder Essential or pay some extra for Deathadder Elite, I really like its ergonomics and 3.5G lasted me 3 years.

I thought it was certain models that were particularly affected.

So is Atom okay?

Attached: 1550898239785.jpg (600x600, 74K)

>hyper 212 with an unlocked i7
>one top intake and one top out
god damn nigga what the fuck are you doing. you're just circulating the fucking air in the top.
get a good cooler and a 144hz monitor if you play fast paced games, or 1440p if you're a casual farmville player.
also put 2 fans in the front and the single big fan in the top closest to the backside and keep the rear fan where it is.

>razer mice
disgusting. just get a non-shit mouse instead like the new 518.
me, my brother and my friend all bought deathadders at different times and my friend is even in another part of the country, ALL of them had fucking shit tier build quality and broke in less than a month

>purchased expensive ram kit at the time (1st gen ryzen) because muh samsung bdie
>kit is now disgustingly expensive to source and i believe is eol
fuck me man, i thought 16gb would be enough at the time, now days i need the 32gb. idk, im looking at getting one of these kits

ozbargain.com.au/node/452430
ozbargain.com.au/node/452507
but since neither ae b die idk if theyll work well or not. got a crosshair vi so should be fine but still

shouldnt be a problem after all these bios updates since launch

that said, i would get the 32GB kit and sell your 16GB kit. you should be able to get a good price for it

>me, my brother and my friend all bought deathadders at different times and my friend is even in another part of the country, ALL of them had fucking shit tier build quality and broke in less than a month
lmao wtf?

I've been using death adders for almost 10 years now.

I've only had to buy 3 in that time.

When the 2nd one broke about 5 years in I decided to try a corsair mouse and logitech mouse, the Corsair had a high pitched squeal on the mouse wheel after only 2 weeks, and the logitech just didn't feel good in my hand compared to the death adder. So I went back to the deathadder, had this one for over 12 months now and it's still going well.

i'm not looking it up for you, no.

do you really need a d-15? Ninja 5 or Mugen 5 is a lot shorter. Ninja5 is 159mm and Mugen 5 is 154.5mm.

>this ONE EXAMPLE that's fine means there are NO OTHER EXAMPLES that aren't fine
lol imagine thinking anyone is retarded enough to buy your lies.
>act like all of them are
retard you don't even know what "usually" means.
The first 5 $250 I looked at on newegg all had awful coolers.
Yes, I'm aware and have already said some are fine, like Zotac's.

Yeah get a dual rank samsung B-die 2x16Gb kit unless you're not a baller.

Why are you concerned about all those things but haven't delided yet? Do that first.

>shit tier build quality and broke in less than a month
>what is a warranty
Come on, are you that lazy that you can't get a FREE return shipping label and wait a week for a new mouse?

I'm turbo noob that had a shop set up the rig. Cooling plans were to either go AIO up top with two big fans in the front or put 3 small fans up top and two in front.

Thank you!

I think I will get this, but let me know if there's anything better worth looking into:

geizhals.de/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-yd192xa8aewof-a1664904.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

computeruniverse.net/de/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-12-kern-12-core-cpu-mit-350-ghz

i dont think trident z rgb is samsung

>single thread performance is all that matters

Attached: chad_posting_0.jpg (591x570, 74K)

German ebay is somehow active, may be worth looking into. But yes, not this time.

if you like the deathadder shape i guess logitech isnt a good choice. i suppose you could just get another deathadder since you've been lucky with them so far

yeah warranty exist but hwy the fuck would i get another shit tier mouse when they die instantly?

you dont want 3 in the top because the first one is gonna pull out all the cool air the top front fan is pulling in.
just do what i said for now at least:
>2 front
>1 rear
>1 top-rear

you can also check pcpartpicker or pricerunner or similar website

it doesnt really matter that much any more as they've worked out most of the initial compatability issues with bios updates, now it's more that they clock higher and/or lower timings than the others.
some user in other thread mentioned hynix C-die are also good and cheaper than b-die

i think zowie and steelseries also have mice with similar shape but i had a rival 300 and the scroll wheel is fucked after a year of 4channing

The trident 2x16Gb 3200 14-14-14-34 kit is B-die. Like.. duh?

>considering anything except the Finalmouse Ultralight Pro
lol virgins

>lol imagine thinking anyone is retarded enough to buy your lies.
They are free to check the models by a model per model basis.
No way you can shill them, or me either.
Just got to tell them to check it out themselves.
But that's a bit inconvenient for you, now isn't that?

which is not the kit i linked or the rgb version (i dont actully want rgb, ita just cheap)

Are SFX PSU's a meme?

only if you use them in a regular sized case

Well yes, the RGB kit is not b-die, that's true, though it's decent. But there are 2x16Gb dual rank B-die, which is all that I said.

All I've said is that they should avoid models with crap heatsinks, which the cheap models USUALLY are.
If your entire argument is saying I said things I didn't say and strawmaning, then you really don't have anything to post at all, do you?

I have an FT-03 which supports an ATX PSU, but using an SFX one made for cleaner cable writing as it is quite compact in areas.

Attached: 2017 FT03 build rev2.jpg (935x1080, 140K)

>I have an FT-03 which supports an ATX PSU, but using an SFX one made for cleaner cable writing as it is quite compact in areas.
that's also not a regular sized case like i said, so..

I have a DDR2 Mobo with Q9550, GTX 750 1GB, 550watt power supply.

I was thinking of upgrading to either GTX 1050 or 1060+a new power supply.
As well as getting a mono which supports ddr3

Should I just forget about it? and just wait for 7nm ? or should I keep upgrading so I can resell?

>asus rog strix 1080ti for 620
is this a good price guys?wondering if I should upgrade from my 1060

Brand new or used? with or without guarantee?

used comes with warranty though

>All I've said is that they should avoid models with crap heatsinks
Agreed.
>which the cheap models USUALLY are.
Disagreed.