Why the fuck is spinning rust still so expensive...

Why the fuck is spinning rust still so expensive? Hard disk drives are absolute garbage and deserve to be relegated to the garbage dump of history

Attached: Screenshot_20190423-125055_Amazon_Shopping.png (1404x685, 202K)

Enjoy your limited write cycles. also it's a 2TB drive, what the actual fuck did you expect?

>haha look at me i'm an idiot!!
>HAHAA JK TROLLED HARD FAGS :D:D:D:D

Attached: 1554989828950.jpg (680x680, 29K)

Why is shitty audio equipment so expensive? Because autistic luddites have tons of money but no sense.

Attached: 1524902096882.jpg (3860x2564, 2.16M)

SSDs are all backdoored

you can get HGST refurb 3TBs for half that price you know

>WD Black
>5 Year warranty
That's why.

Have always bought black, then tried out green once and the shit act up almost right after warranty ran out - never again.

>buying used hardware
hahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHHAA

Ahahah look at the autist making a serious face

> still
Why should they become cheap if nobody buys them.

2011 floods in Thailand.

you don't just buy a used hard drive or any storage device for that matter

>expensive
>a fucking SSD 1/4 the size is more expensive and not even 1/100th as reliable
Go get fucked, SSD paid shill, your garbage isn't selling to anyone but gullible idiots for a reason.

people still use them for archival. i do, too.

My 850evo works fine for 2+ years now
It's way faster than a hdd and also no noise

Used hard disks is actually a good investment. Statistically they either fail early on or spin on for 10+ years.

>hard drives
>making noise
we aren't living in 1993 nigger.

>you don't just buy a used hard drive or any storage device for that matter
of course you do, because you have redundancy and backups to catch you if it fails, right? And since you need those things whether you buy new or used drives (since either can fail at any time) you might as well save money.

Are you retarded? They have been the only parts that maked noises out of my r6

none of my hard drives make any audible noise. In a shitty laptop, sure, that's to be expected but I very rarely notice my drives making sounds.

no that applies for new hdds. used ones are either eol or nearly so. then again, if you manage to convince some office worker tasked with disposal of them you might get a good deal cuz of the retarded rules they have.
>buy used drive
>50/50 chance it will fail
what's the point? just get a new one. they have warranties so you don't loose neither money nor data if you have backups. no such luxury with used drives.

Maybe because everything else in your place is loud af so u don't notice it you dumb twat
They physically can't go under a certain noiae level

well one you save so much money that you often come out ahead even if you have to replace a drive. Two, they don't fail nearly that often. I have a 12-drive ZFS array of them and have for years, never had a drive die.

>le srs audiophile cables
absolute fucking state of these cunts

Holy shit, get a new HDD, kid. I know 99% of Jow Forums uses their mommy's 2003 Dell with Windows XP with Dell's shitty fucking cheapass bargain basement refurbed hardware, but holy shit, please stop.

I don't have much running at all in my house either. My case fans are nearly silent.

Why would you want to buy garbage?

this

Fucking stop spreading shit dumb nigger, my system is probably newer than yours
The only audible part that i could hear accross the room when everything was silent were some seagate 7200rpm and wd 5400rpm hard drives, at first a thought it were the case fans but it was clearly this dated shit

guess it depends on how much you value the data you're gonna save on those drives.

>5400rpm
>7200rpm
>DURR WHY ARE MY DRIVES SO LOUD
Jesus christ get a grip

>refurb
>used
>3tb
oh nononononononononononono
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These are the only viable speed u low quality shitposter

>5400rpm
>viable
AHAHAHAHA

Kys you literal inbred meme

Neck yourself, poorfag. Oh wait, you stil use 5400rpm drives, you probably can't even afford rope!

>using HDDs in 2019
the absolute state of the TECHNOLOGY board

KYS

I don't use any hdds anymore you waste of welfare money, like i said prior i only have ssds in my computer, my 850evo probably did cost more than your shitty lamerpad

>he lives in a cuckist state where his money is stolen and given to jobless NEETS
the absolute state of this board

Back to your containment board you vermin

>muh containment board
I seem to be striking a nerve.

Because the ssd cartels keep the price 4 times higher.

You seem like a gaylord with your forced shitposts

You'd be amazed what caches can do.
Write speed:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/srv/test1.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 4.51809 s, 238 MB/s

Read speed:
echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches && time dd if=/srv/test1.img of=/dev/null bs=8k
131072+0 records in
131072+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 2.19784 s, 489 MB/s

real 0m2.923s
user 0m0.040s
sys 0m0.320s

So it's not bad and should be even better with Linux I/O cache which I flushed, as you can see. RAID parameters are pic related. All built on 4TB WD Blues.

Attached: 1556044258466.png (585x617, 247K)

What happens when you run out of your cache

*boom*
The Earth explodes.

Attached: 1i7v3B7_d.jpg (550x550, 20K)

Literally dead on arrival, enjoy being scammed out of your money
>used 3TB HDD
Let me laugh one more time, fucking lmao

It will slow down to values depicted in my post, as this measures were made with caches dropped or without them.

Exaclty
So cache is only viable if you transfer small amount of data

>my overpriced ssd costs more than your system
Lmao, that's why people don't give a fuck about your garbage technology. Enjoy your

You can get a 860evo 500gb for only 70€ you dumb poorfag

>EUR
get a load of this fag

I was responding to the implied point that 5400RPM drives are unusable. As you can see, even in RAID 6, which is notorious for having slow write speeds, 5400s hold quite well, not to mention read speeds.

>mad that EUR is worth more than rupee

ssds are more reliable due to no moving parts, just may not be archival/cold storage

yбeй ceбя eвpoпeeц

Ahahahah
>literally seething subhuman level ruski
Ahahahah

пoжaлyйcтa, бyдьтe тepпeливы, y мeня ayтизм

WD hardware backdoors don't pay for themselves

Ugh fucking disgusting language
Time to void you fags away
#Vladimir #Gay #Dolbit #Normalno

It's google translate.

>brainlet

Ever since the flood in Thailand, the pricing hasnt been competitive between the remaining hard drive companies and increases in capacity slowed, supposedly due to technological limitations. Even with the shortage, I recall Seagate had good profits that year.

What is he doing there, praying that he hears a difference between his 128kbps & VBR .mp3's so that he can justify to himself & brag to others about the purchases of all that crap?!???

>$110
>expensive
so this is what it's like to be a poorfag

I hope you and Vladimir get along well.

>(((refurb))) HDDs
Just the fact they are saying they're refurbished already means something fishy is going on
I'd much rather them just be honest and say they are fucking used and detail the testing procedure (if there is one)

Yeah they're pretty shit now that you can get 1TB SSD's for under $100.