/spg/ - Smartphone General

Meizu 16s Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_008.jpg (680x680, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/en/packages/org.primftpd/
ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-FOLDER-2-SM-G160N-3-8-UNLOCKED-PHONE-QUAD-CORE-2GB-BLACK/143050085853
ebay.com/itm/VKWORLD-T2-Plus-4-2-Dual-Screen-SIM-3G-32G-Quad-Core-4G-Android-Flip-Smartphone/293061070613
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a FOSS, minimal FTP server application for android?

Attached: RE3-Jill-by-Butcha-U.jpg (756x1200, 296K)

>notchless phone that actually look good
>no headphone jack and SD-card

Damn.

f-droid.org/en/packages/org.primftpd/

I want a flip phone that will work in the UK
I saw the Galaxy Fold 2 but its either £450-500 for a black one or £140 for a gold one and I'm not a fucking persian so thats out of the question
Do any modernish android flip phones exist that wont cost me a bomb?
I'd settle for some chinkshit with a slideout keyboard too desu

I mean Galaxy Folder2

ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-FOLDER-2-SM-G160N-3-8-UNLOCKED-PHONE-QUAD-CORE-2GB-BLACK/143050085853

Is the A70 too big?
It's basically an A80 without the flipping camera and with a headphone jack. Basically a normal phone, except it's big.

I'm worried I won't be able to sit if it's in my pocket

Attached: galaxy a70.jpg (656x665, 102K)

After tax etc thats going to be £286, big premium to pay to not have a gold phone

there's also this
ebay.com/itm/VKWORLD-T2-Plus-4-2-Dual-Screen-SIM-3G-32G-Quad-Core-4G-Android-Flip-Smartphone/293061070613

This looks sorta cool

looks cool, but that mediatek SoC is weak as fuck, if they stuck at least a P23 in it it would be something, but not the one it's got

No 3.5mm jack either... I might just look like a cunt and get a gold folder 2

Is mediakek finally kill?

Don't forget the cancerous rounded corners as well.

What is the most modern Windows phone I can get for a reasonable price? and what are glaring problems I would run into using the platform for a year or two, with support dying?

Moto G6 vs Nokia 7.1?

Im looking for an inexpensive replacement with a good camera.

>and what are glaring problems I would run into using the platform for a year or two, with support dying?
No apps or unusable/buggy apps which nothing will be done about. Just don't get yourself into it.

>blacked background to hide the mole
Cringe.

Hope so
Fuck the gpl breaking chinks

County/carrier/budget? Out of those two, definitely Nokia 7.1.

XZ1 Compact in 2019 yay or nay?

What is the equivalent to Nokia 7 plus but with 6GB RAM?

I need something along the lines of S8 but without the oled meme.

Definitely.
Zenfone Max Pro M2

I liked the Mi A1 but I've broken it because I'm a tard. I was going to get a Mi A2 because as usual it looks like it's massively better value than the competitors, but there's no fucking 3.5mm. What's the next best alternative in that price range?

Am I better off going for a lower end Samsung like an A7?

what is a good phone with physical qwerty keyboard?

where's that nigga that had the mi 9 se?
any cons so far? it looks cute I really want to get it

Attached: IMG_20190423_114210.jpg (480x600, 26K)

btw I'm in mexico, going from a honor 5x to mi 9 se or any other recommendations?

Did anyone get meme'd into getting one of Sony's recent skinny shit? ZX1 compacts are impossible to find or they're still at release day prices.

>What's the next best alternative in that price range?
Pretty much anything that has a micro SD card slot, a 3.5mm headphone jack and a 4000 mAh battery. I'm not sure what they were thinking with the Mi A2 at all.

doubtful, the fucking P70, P60, and P2X series are keeping it afloat
also all the chink tablet companies buying theie hexacore chips and still buying the old decacore Helio X series chips
they aren't going anywhere soon

mi a2 comes with an usb-c to 3.5mm adapter... but it still comes with no micro sd slot

yeah, the Redmi Note 7 or get a open box older flagship off the US eBay igo, they usually have all the LATAM LTE bands

What's the worst, most shit phone released in 2019?

i never had smartphone
what am i missing out if anything?

xylophone

Aside from bottom of the barrel entry level ones, probably everything in HTC, Sony's and LG's lineup. Also everything with a punch hole display.

Hello

Attached: pixel.png (2048x754, 112K)

Persephone

Redmi Note 7

Galaxy Fold

I've ordered one myself, not here yet though.
Having second thoughts now that I've realized there's no notification LED (only the full size Mi 9 has it).
I don't check my phone compulsively, that LED has come in handy for me on my current phone for messages that would have taken me all day to notice otherwise.
Does anyone know if an AOD display is near to being a suitable substitute?

It isn't worth $399

That's why I'm getting it for $200 after the trade in

it isn't $200. you are giving your previous device that you paid more than $200 for. You aren't saving anything.

>you aren't saving anything
I'm getting a better deal selling it to google rather than trying to rip some schmuck off on ebay.

Are you mad he's not gonna need gcam? Poortard. Stick to your poor devices

>buy screen protector for phone
>says "full coverage"
>cutout for logo at bottom is partially covered if i align the top cutout for camera correctly
>still almost 2millimeters at bottom under logo not covered
fucking chinkshit

Attached: file.png (1504x2016, 4M)

Redpill me on the LG G8, been looking for a new flagship to keep for another 4 years and I can pick up the G8 for about $500. It seems like a less expensive S10e without the punch hole display

It's questionable whether LG will even be in the smartphone business in 4 years.

>fuck-huge top-notch
no thanks

also, if it's not in android one program have fun keeping it even close to that long

LG flagship depreciate in prices super hard, you can usually pick it up after a year for half the launch price. Also, they're awful about maintaining software support.

But on the hardware side, they're nice, the ESS Sabre DAC is great (the same hardware is used on some high level USB DAP like the Dragonfly Red which cost 200 bucks on its own), LG's LCD is best on the market if you want to avoid OLED burn-in and degration, and boombox speaker is surprisingly loud for the occasional speakerphone call or video call.

I don't care about software updates too much, my phone has been stuck on Marshmallow for a couple years and it's served me well. Though I do care about how light and "fluid" the software is which is why I've been considering OnePlus but the lack of a headphone jack in the 6T (and probably in every phone onward from the company) is a turn off. I'm with Verizon so the 6 isn't an option.
I don't really like the notch either but I've seen pictures of the device with the notch hidden and it looks pretty alright.

you should care about security updates. but i guess it can be avoided by intalling custom ROM or something

Are Motos still the best mid-range phones around?
Got my last phone in 2015 and I always had a thing for Motorola's sexy looks.

When and from who will we get a phone with the exact specs of the A70 but with water resistance, smaller, and ideally a little cheaper?
The specs aren't even particularly premium, but it's the only fucking phone out there that seems to fully utilise a modern and capable chip like the 675 or 712, without going full gimmicktard or overkill.

depends on where you live, if outside the US, they are no longer the mid-range kings, that would be Xiaomi

My roommate's phone is dying and he said he's shopping for one tonight. I need recommendations for a quality mid tier phone under $700 since he's not going to be waiting for the OnePlus 7 anymore. Preferably minimal bloat. No chinkshit.

Motorola has been obsoleted by xiaomi ever since redmi note 3 pro in 2015. Every single phone they've sold since costs more and has less everything.

>minimal bloat
>no chinkshit
nokia has android one, literally no bloat and 3 years of security updates

Running out of space on my pixel 1 because I have too much music. What solutions have other anons come up with to combat this problem?
I can definitely go through and delete some songs, but I'd prefer not to have to do that. I'm running lineage and barely have that many apps, so there is not much space being used up from any other apps.

insert bigger SD card

no expandable storage

kek

fuck you

Sent him that recommendation, thanks.

no seriously, lol

Attached: 1544486026931.gif (400x300, 1.36M)

Are you using FLAC? Try 320kbs mp3 instead.
How about cracked/premium Spotify or some other music streaming service? Some of them support offline music.
Actually, I think Google Play Music even does it for free and you can upload your own shit up to 50.000 songs.

just use the cloud

using 320kbps mp3.
Streaming service is a good idea except for the fact that I have a shared data plan with my family and really only have around 1gb of myself which is not enough for streaming high bitrate songs. Do you know if there's a way to lower the streaming bitrate in spotify apps?

cucked yourself there lad

Attached: 1363026972515.gif (200x200, 463K)

Fuck me, there was nothing else. I am on verizon and at the time none of the chink phones worked, and I really didn't want to buy a phone that was NOTCHED or had no headphone jack.

Sort your music by date and delete all the shit you haven't listened to in forever

>Do you know if there's a way to lower the streaming bitrate in spotify apps?

Yeah, there's a Data Saver option in Settings. You can also choose between 4 quality settings if you find the quality too shitty, iirc.

Oh, you can also Spotify Lite. Whatever works for you.

is a U1 micro sd card fast enough for a smartphone nowadays or should i get one that is U3?

>burger operator branded phone
MEGA KEKED

just buy online without operator lock and get a fucking phone plan.

Attached: SLJ_lol.gif (423x283, 1.25M)

>no new iphones until this fall
fuck these new iphones

Why note the N7P? Muh camera and 675.

>iphones
/lgbt/ is the other way

Its not about carrier locked, its the actual network. Verizon uses CDMA whereas chink phones are only certified for GSM.

thought N7P was thinking and poo only tho and didn't pick up LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 28

i didnt say chink phones, dipshit. buying a phone online doesnt automatically mean only chinkphones. fucking dumb burger

Also I should clarify, in the US. I looked at the Nokia 7 Plus and I'm seeing that people have issues with 4G LTE in the US.

>7 plus
that's the old phone u dumb burger

9 Pureview looks fucking retarded
8.1 has that stupid notch
8 Sirocco supposedly has mushy buttons

I don't usually look at Nokia phones or mid/low tier in general, also again 4G LTE compatibility is important. Most of these phones seem to have compatibly issues from what I've seen.

> Looking for
cheapest android device that can run spotify. don't care about carrier. just needs wi-fi, bluetooth, and headphone jack.

> Budget
less than 50$

> Location
USA

> Extra Info
I've been looking on ebay mainly, and I see a lot of auctions that get overpriced quickly. If there's other cheap phone sites, I'll be willing to use them.

the new one is called 7.1 you dumb fucking burgernigger retard

How am I supposed to know if I'm not obsessed with this shit? Also
>notch
Whatever at least it's LTE compatible. Thank you phone autist.

Looking for an upgrade recommendation from a V20. I really was interested in the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 but I have a CDMA carrier. Looking for good camera, finger print unlock, preferably under 600$. If therecs nothing good I might just grab an iphone x

Probably Lumia 950. Issues first will be non working and buggy apps. Then buggy interface and random crashes. Finally no more security updates will mean a phone that's dangerous to use once security updates stop at the end of this year. It's a shame because it's pretty good otherwise.

HTC hasn't released anything all year?

After going 8 years without a cellphone I finally had to get one again.
Last one I had was the Note 1 with Cyanogen Mod

Whats the new custom ROM to use?

Attached: d59039a.png (2518x1024, 1.26M)

you looked up all the other models but checking the fucking release date is obsession? god damn fucking kys.

Pixel 3 and 3 XL are made by HTC

Only one of them was and also that isn't 2019.

...aaand you're wrong, Pixel 2 was made by HTC, 2XL by LG, and the reason why the build quality of the Pixel 3 is such shit is: pic related

Attached: Screenshot_Brave_20190423-214817.png (1564x2048, 312K)

>its the actual network. Verizon uses CDMA
then don't use verizon.. are you braindead?

Attached: 1526808837469.gif (411x488, 664K)

americans dont have a choice because their operators are literal oligarchy that split up the market in areas and dont compete with each other so they can jack up prices and fuck customers

That's only for wired connectivity. Wireless is preference or whatever one you got scammed into signing a 2year contract with so you could get 20% off a phone.