Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums.

So my monitor just blew up and I am now looking for a replacement. I had a 144hz 1080 TN panel, and it was good.
However since I picked up photography as a hobby I have been considering an IPS panel, but the issue is that I can't afford a 144hz IPS.

Should I get a 144hz TN panel, or a higher resolution IPS panel? I do game a lot, but it's mostly strategy games these days. I have gotten used to to the high refresh rate and now using my brothers 60hz is not very optimal.

What do you think? Should I switch to IPS for those better colours or stick to 144hz TN?

Attached: ips-vs-tn.jpg (800x288, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-c24g1/
displayhdr.org/performance-criteria/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011278
displayspecifications.com/en/model/06a51885
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA90V8UK6035
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP8TJ6088
displayspecifications.com/en/model/27b913e5
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1B4-009M-000T2
displayspecifications.com/en/model/1d16d27
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAHJM7X04441
displayspecifications.com/en/model/a0957fd
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-0031-001F3
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160228R
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAHW897K5779
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAH5N7H03560
amazon.com/Micca-Digital-Resolution-Widescreen-Playback/dp/B07DPDRQY7
ebay.com/itm/Micca-M1010Z-10-Widescreen-High-Resolution-Digital-Photo-Frame-No-Stand/113726233698
ebay.com/itm/12-Flat-Panel-Screen-Computer-Screen-Acer-AL1516-Tested-Working-Local-Pickup/352622486540
ebay.com/itm/18-4-15-6-Inch-HDR-4K-Portable-Monitor-IPS-For-PS4PRO-1080P-Lot/292996623968
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not your personal amazon clerks

Your image has convinced to join team TA. Left side looks unnaturally colorful. thank you. Now I'll save money with zero regret.

*TN

qled, it's like TN and IPS made a baby. High refresh rates and great colors like an ips monitor.

1440p IPS 60hz or like 75hz > anything TN

A higher resolution IPS would make more sense for what you are trying to accomplish. I frequently travel and bring my smaller 60Hz panel with me, leaving my 144Hz panel behind. You quickly get used to the lower refresh rate when navigating around windows.

MSI sells a 144Hz VA panel. Muuch better than TN, better contrast than IPS as well.

What ever you do don't get VA for gaming.

the Samsung version of the same Samsung-made panel is better.

Stop pushing this meme. I bought a 144hz VA panel yesterday, shit's pretty great for a mix of responsiveness and image quality on a budget.
pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-c24g1/

>IPS
>TN
>MEMELED
This is for the virgins.
>VA
This is for the Chads.

is there a 16:10 VA?

144 Hz isn't going to matter in rts. Get a hdr600 or hdr400 1440p IPS/VA panel. hdr500 true black was made recently also.

displayhdr.org/performance-criteria/

This looks nice.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011278
displayspecifications.com/en/model/06a51885

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA90V8UK6035

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP8TJ6088
displayspecifications.com/en/model/27b913e5

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1B4-009M-000T2
displayspecifications.com/en/model/1d16d27

VA is the worst

Black smear
Black Crush
Shit pixel response time in general
Non-Standard Pixel layout resulting in shitty text rendering

Even TN is better than that crap.

You sir are a retard, HDR400/600 was made to milk people who has no idea how shit works.

HDR1000 or it doesnt fucking matter.

I run an Acer 32in 4k VA for my gaming and it looks fucking amazing.

You realize there are no HDR1000 panels under $2,000 right? The lower standards have some value.

Here's the cheapest true 10bit panel I could find.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAHJM7X04441
displayspecifications.com/en/model/a0957fd

Any non HDR1000 monitor has no more value than any monitor that has no HDR400/600 sticker

Stop getting memed by them user

The dimming and brightness are certainly less but the standards at least guarantee 99% BT.709 coverage, but yes I would prefer true 10bit panels.

Hijacking this thread. I'm looking for the cheapest 1440p 75+hz or 4k 60hz monitor that produces moderately good color accuracy. Post recommendations.

no. fuck off.

ips shits all over va, thank you for your understanding

I already did you faggot.

Why no one recommend TN panels anymore?
>cheap
>low brightness perfect for low light area
>matte
>Fast response time
>narrow view angle perfect for secrecy
I'd like a 10" portable TN panel to take around with me.

Attached: 1555707966392.jpg (1080x1350, 150K)

Most people aren't interested in $50 monitors.

Because they're idiots/gaymers.
Why do I need "wide color gamut" for terminal emulator or PDF page?

Attached: compoare VA vs TN2.jpg (9944x2112, 3.9M)

Actually now that I look you can't find a 1080p monitor under $100 at any size. Just a few weeks ago I was buying monitors for a small office and cheapest I could find were $110 24" 1080p@75 Hz TNs.

If you're fine with sub 1080p resolution then you probably have an old tablet or smart phone lying around that you can use a screen extender app on.

I would start stoning this harlot if I saw her dressed like that in public.

>If you're fine with sub 1080p resolution
Yeah, it's OK.
>screen extender app
I'd like something FOSS, I have Nexus 7, but I'd like a 10" display at least.

Va is the best of both worlds
I hated tn and ips was even worse the ghosting was crap and was absolutely useless in dark scenes
Get a 165hz ips/tn if your gaming fps normie shit
144hz 2k va everything else

>why no one recommends the panels considered the best for gayming and shit for anything else?
>because they're gaymers
muh reddit logic

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

No one manufacturers TN panels in that size anymore. There's probably no market and no profit margin. The only thing with a halfway reasonable response time are these 15" IPS screens.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-0031-001F3
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160228R

It sounds like you want a CCTV monitor. Those are also IPS and they don't get any cheaper even at lower resolution, so just go to ebay or craigslist or a yard sale.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAHW897K5779
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAH5N7H03560

>dark scenes
muh got and other jewish media

3440x1440p 3.5k 100hz samsung here the blacks look amazing and colours are good easily as nice as my ancient ips it replaced
>shit text rendering
Nope get the fuck off 1080p shit resolution 2k and 4k don't have this problem
21:9 wideboi
Based
Anything off brand that uses a LG or Samsung panel
>shit colors
>shit contrast
>smears colours like a composite crt
>smears text
>faded and or shit black/white uniformity
>terrible viewing angles
>memed gamershit
Lol based trips satan
S8 is hot trash women stronk

For you non-gaymers out there on a budget:
amazon.com/Micca-Digital-Resolution-Widescreen-Playback/dp/B07DPDRQY7
ebay.com/itm/Micca-M1010Z-10-Widescreen-High-Resolution-Digital-Photo-Frame-No-Stand/113726233698
ebay.com/itm/12-Flat-Panel-Screen-Computer-Screen-Acer-AL1516-Tested-Working-Local-Pickup/352622486540
ebay.com/itm/18-4-15-6-Inch-HDR-4K-Portable-Monitor-IPS-For-PS4PRO-1080P-Lot/292996623968

Kill yourself

>but the issue is that I can't afford a 144hz IPS
get some meme korean branded one.

Ideally you should have two monitors, one for gaming and one for photography. In all seriousness, TN for photography? Sounds horrible.

I've got a triple monitor setup with two IPS and the third is TN because I cheaped out on that one. It looks horrible next to the two IPS monitors. For movies and photos and that kind of things IPS is just superior. But then there's the refresh-rate, you'll have to pay a whole lot to get above 60hz on IPS - specially above 1080p.

So I guess it comes down to what you value the most.

That many VA monitors are really bad for gaming isn't just a meme, it's something to be very aware of. I wouldn't buy a VA panel for anything, movies or gaming, without having tested it for 5 minutes or more, ideally at some friends who bought it. I've seen VA panels with "1 ms" with gtg times that must have been be upwards of 20ms - the ghosting was just that bad. All that being said: I've also seen VA panels that look just fine making them ideal all-rounders for gaming and photos since they do fall in-between TN and IPS. But.. VA panels vary wildly, much more so than TN or IPS. You pretty much know what you get with a TN or IPS. With VA.. it's not that clear.

This.
I paid 300usd for a 34" samsung 4k curved one
Everything else is dogshit price wise and looks like gay gamer trash.
Get one of these and a vesa mount your set

Attached: IMG_20190417_160301-01-01.jpg (5184x3880, 2.45M)

>Va is the best of both worlds
>I hated tn and ips was even worse the ghosting was crap and was absolutely useless in dark scenes
But VA has the WORST ghosting and motion blur of all the panel types. wtf am I reading

Attached: VA is fine.gif (250x250, 268K)

>Everything else is dogshit price wise and looks like gay gamer trash.
>I hate gay gamer trash looks
>posts an image of his gay gamer keyboard and mouse, and has a gamepad on his desk

it's not that clear, see
there's VA monitors that are the best of both worlds BUT the majority of them, from what I've seen, do look like your picture related. You have to test it.

>it's not that clear, see
You kidding me, it's smeary shit and you call it "clear"?
>there's VA monitors that are the best of both worlds BUT the majority of them, from what I've seen, do look like your picture related. You have to test it.
Yeah all moniotrs get better in quality when you throw 500-1000$ at it, TNs get better color, VA get less smeary/blurry and so on.

I found ips sucks for Photo editing because of backlight bleed
And it REALLY sucks for video editing because of ghosting.
Until amoled gets cheaper im using a TN panel.
Upgraded my ips 32" 1440p panel to a 32" TN 4k and Id rather have shitty colors than the shit ips comes with

Get 144hz mva.
Or just suck it and settle for 75hz ips.
Or buy 2 monitors

Qled is just va with special filter on top.

>Yeah all moniotrs get better in quality when you throw 500-1000$ at it
It's not even about how much you spend, it's more just how new the model of panel is more than anything
As an example If you look at TVs which are VA and get refreshed every year you will find even a cheap VA TV will outperform in response time to a VA monitor that has been around for several years

>not getting EIZO FlexScan monitor
It's like you guys like staring at shit

I have all the leds turned off therefore it's not gamer trash Ubuntu hipster
What utter trash ancient va are you using? My 100hz does not do that

A picture of a picture convinced you to buy a product. Just remember you have to look at it by yourself anyways, looking at whatever wb'd picture online is not a good example of what your eyes can see it.