I might as well upgrade now right?

I might as well upgrade now right?

Attached: windwers.jpg (1140x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4493132
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

Attached: 1552634930876.jpg (480x640, 34K)

That's a lie, though.
It will get updates until 2023.

>It will get updates until 2023.
you have to pay for that shit

Attached: 1555444732191.gif (360x360, 2.49M)

You "have to pay" for Windows too.

Simply upgrade to 8.1

By the time windows 7 will become truly obsolote in the actual sense of the word (no more commonly sold hardware that can run it etc) we're likely going to have quantum computer laptops and shit anyways

here it goes guys
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: reset_button_computer_239099_l.jpg (310x232, 8K)

I installed Mint the day that W7 had an update that stuck an ad for W10 on your OS.

Why, using Intel already makes you vulnerable in like 50 ways, having no support is ok

F

god mint is shit. i don't understand this idea of trying to emulate windows, since trying to avoid windows is the reason most people switch to linux. mint just tries and fails to be windows, instead of embracing le unix philosophy like other distros.

As someone who wanted to get into Linux while only being familiar with Windows, Mint served me just fine while I was getting my bearings. It's also good for the 60+ year old parents who don't want to buy new PCs, but have hardware that Windows just chews up.

I like how they chose the pic of a thinkpad. Anyway once 7 is finished i will either backup and use the drive for something else or upgrade to 8.1

Might as well. Just run this script when you upgrade. It removes all the junk and bloat in Windows 10 and makes it functionally equivalent to Windows 7.

github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script

No! Don't!

Attached: all_is_lost.png (501x197, 117K)

Jump to Linux fren
You don't really want to sell your soul, do you?

>obsolote

Attached: 2iqeiis.jpg (400x400, 18K)

nothing says "defunct" like a thinkpad

That's clearly not a thinkpad. No branding and no trackpoint. My guess it might be a Dell Latitude

there's always linux, but if you need to stick to windows you should do a clean install of LTSC

>the same image every time
yea I'm starting to think this is FUD
I use 7 and I've never seen this, nor I've read someone on threads like this showing evidence of it happening on their computers.

I'm legit considering this if they don't manage to crack the extended updates. I heard there's some never-fixed bugs (like not being able to use more than 1GB of VRAM on DX games if I recall correctly) but my dGPU has 1GB exactly to whatever.

There is really no reason to use 8.1 over 10. If you must upgrade, then use LTSC

Unplug internet cable before booting to Windows.

Some boomer that works offside is still using XP

Nigger, just look at the fucking thing, it's a photoshopped T6x with all of the trademarked aesthetic components removed or recolored, including the TrackPoint.

THINK AGAIN, FUCKFACE

Attached: OH SNAP.jpg (1366x768, 106K)

>UPgrade

Attached: 1515514191398.gif (175x131, 1.06M)

Attached: photo_2019-04-22_22-49-00.jpg (638x477, 33K)

> 10yo OS on recent hardware

Ha. I'm over here running Windows 8.1 Pro, it still has 1356 days left 'til it croaks.

Attached: istillgottime.png (1080x244, 50K)

Doesn't wufuc still work though?

>Script to remove bloat
>Its just as bloated
Holy shit, I made my own script with like 40 lines of code and it disables everything this shit claims to do.

It's totally real. Install KB4493132 from Windows Update to get it for yourself. This update is only delivered to Home and Starter editions of Win7 though.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4493132

this desu, put mint on an old shit laptop for my mother when her win10 laptop with like 1.5gb ram started taking over 3 minutes to open anything. HDD was also clicking thanks to 10 raping the disk with useless write cycles. Mint MATE + cheap SSD = basically a new computer

>home and starter
I sure hope no human left on this earth has to deal with win7 starter.

Idk mane, is win10 ltsc really botnet-free?

I have win 7 pro OEM and win 7 pro OEM keys that will install on any PC. Around a hundred in a spreadsheet with link to phone pic of said OEM. All logged and listed who has what. 6 years later I still sometimes get a random text asking about OEM key for a person I havent seen in years because they wanted to reinstall. Last one was a husband that married friend I havent seen in ages. Sent key, sent picture of said key. Friends dont let friends use home or starter edition.

I wouldn't trust it

>implying 7 and 8.1 aren't
maybe just start learning linux

Linux awaits
I suggest kde on debian buster

this

Install Fedora