Android is a Linux distro

CHANGE MY MIND

Attached: MemeTastic_2019-04-24T17-56.jpg (1024x768, 488K)

Android is linux with a custom java virtual machine preinstalled.
And because regular gnu/linux distros has different names only because there are different programs preinstalled, it is really easy to come to conclusion that android is indeed a linux distro.

Wtf edit the meme properly you lazy faggot

how hard is it to rotate the top text several degrees counter-clockwise and shrink the text box so that it fits appropriately on the blank area above the original "change my mind" bottom text? you dumb fucking nigger

It is one of the best desu. Edgelords will hat on it because of the walled garden Java creates on the system. Google pros know the advantages of this system all to well. Only NEETs and non programming iPhone tards hate it.

Android is supposed to be working on their own kernel.
Which is good, because android has been giving linux a bad name for long enough already.

You right. At least it's easier to install orograms on android tgan on otger linux distributives. Fuck reposotories.

Attached: MemeTastic_2019-04-24T18-55.jpg (500x500, 104K)

It is. Linux is a kernel.

It is a Linux distro. A crippled one, but still a Linux distro. I don't want to change your mind.

Same with MacOS.

Uhm, the playstore is a repository. How is installing programs any more difficult on other distros than android? Most Linux distros offer GUI frontends to the package manager like the playstore.

why should I change your mind when you're right?
android, ios and the OS on playstation are literally all linux distros

Yep android is based around a linux kernal. Has anyone used google fuchsia? And their non linux zircon kernal?

it is the same way a linux distro as osx is a bsd flavour.

MacOS does not use the Linux kernel, it uses XNU. MacOS is a XNU distro.

>Wtf edit the meme properly you lazy faggot

Unfortunately OP can't because Android doesn't have Photoshop CC.

Now iOS, on the other hand...

Attached: Adobe-Max-iPad-Pro-PS-CC-10152018_big.jpg.large.jpg (816x685, 235K)

Kewl.
If it used GNU userland, you could call it [GX]NU.

It really really isnt for various reasons. Mainly because google tore out a bunch of the libraries of which they didnt like the license and rewrote them while optimizing them for phones.

Does android just spy on you anyways?

iOS users also have dicks up in their asses.

What libraries?

Not if you have a clean AOSP install

Linux isn't an operating system.

Fuck's sake, how hard is this, kids?

linux is a kernel.

>Linux distro
Are you blind, Linux distro =/= LiNuX you retards a Linux DISTRO is a distribution that uses the Linux kernel.

>a distribution that uses the Linux kernel
a distribution of what?

whose distribution?

ALinux distribution(often abbreviated asdistro) is anoperating systemmade from a software collection, which is based upon theLinux kerneland, often, apackage management system. Linux users usually obtain their operating system by downloading one of the Linux distributions, which are available for a wide variety of systems ranging fromembedded devices(for example,OpenWrt) andpersonal computers(for example,Linux Mint) to powerfulsupercomputers(for example,Rocks Cluster Distribution).

>anoperating systemmade from a software collection, which is based upon theLinux kernel
This is circular logic. You earlier claimed that a "linux distribution" is something that uses the linux kernel, and when asked what it is a distribution of your answer is that it's a distribution of something that uses linux.

Linux is a kernel. A distribution/distro is a build of an OPERATING SYSTEM.

Dumbest Generationals strike again. You wonder why no one takes your fucking lost generation seriously.

>I will quote definitions without understanding of it
I am not even disposed to argue you anymore

Attached: hole.png (700x700, 350K)

'Linux' == kernel
'Linux distro' == OS
How fucking hard is it for you guys to understand?????

Dumbest Generational, you do realize there is a name for the desktop OS that Linux provides the kernel for, right? Oh, wait, no, you don't, because you're a Dumbest Generational shitcunt.

IT'S CALLED GNU. GNU. GUH-NU. SAY IT. SAY FUCKING "GNU". THAT IS THE NAME OF THE FUCKING OPERATING SYSTEM. LEARN IT, KNOW IT, USE IT. FOR FUCK'S SAKE, DUMBEST GENERATION.

t.zoomer

Attached: 1541180357692.jpg (515x423, 61K)

You fucking dimwits what the fuck are you arguing about? What GNU tools and libraries does android use??? 'Linux Distro' is a valid category for OS's, a typical Linux Distro might contain GNU tools and Libraries but they can contain much more like the X Window System or wayland, KDE or GNOME, etc, etc.
It depends how how specific you want to be with your wording you might call xubuntu a Linux Distro or a GNU/Linux Distro or even a XFCE/X11/GNU/Linux distro, when using more specific language you narrow down the category, Android is a Linux distro not a GNU/Linux distro. Stop being dumb autists that can't understand language.

Only one post you quoted even mentioned GNU

Then tell me wtf these retards try to imply by
>Linux isn't an operating system.
>Fuck's sake, how hard is this, kids?
The OP didn't say Linux it said 'Linux Distro'
That's why OP used 'Linux Distro' you fucktard

By calling it a "Linux Distro" you are saying it's a distribution of something that uses linux. I am just asking what that something is.

An OS

iToddlers BTFO

What a shitty meme Cross over

Based.

Attached: cope.png (432x220, 9K)