Whats a good backUp software? Jow Forums confirmed

Whats a good backUp software? Jow Forums confirmed

Attached: 61WlYIMraKL._SL1371_.jpg (1291x1371, 95K)

FastCopy

Aomei backupper

So, no need to pay for something like pic related?

I guess freetard(as speech) use Clonezilla

I personally use Macrium Reflect, I've not actually had to recover from a backup though.

GFS backup seems to be working...

cp

Clonezilla
Clonezilla
Clonezilla
Clonezilla

rsync

Attached: 34573546735673551.jpg (615x600, 19K)

mv

rsync and its derivatives e.g. rclone

systemd-timer and bash script with cp commands

I use Personal Backup.
It just works.

Attached: blueDubu02.jpg (660x1487, 160K)

Based and bash pilled

rsync

>>

Borg backup.

rsync is not a backup tool.

Veeam.

>avatarfagging with korean thots
jesus fuck why are y'all Jow Forumsros such thirsty ass mofos

These aren't backup tools either.

/thread

Pirated backup exec.

Because just about everything else that talks to tape drives is a steaming pile of shit.

>tools to make backups are not backup tools

They make copies, not backups. They aren't built to handle versioning, and "backups" without versioning aren't proper backups since they offer limited protection against undesired deletions or overwrites. You could argue that if you take the right precautions they can work as backup tools, but even then they're lousy at that job.

fucking lol
this smartass blown the FUCK out

>proper backups
You realize other types of backups exist besides file-level backups, right?

5 incremental btrfs snapshots

Duplicity is pretty good. Has some front ends like dejadup, and is supported under every modern os worth using.

Things like snapshots and shadow copies are useful, but not actually backups.

A backup needs three things: separate from the computer it's backing up, automatic, tested. Compression, versioning, indexing, encryption and deduplication are nice to have, but if it's not separate, automatic and actually tested, it's not a backup.

raid 1 is my backup :^)

technically not a raid, neither a backup. But I did this as well before ssd's, and it saved my ass at least once.

Common backup sense 2019

Attached: 1549183160511.webm (320x240, 1.99M)

FreeFileSync

dc3dd

dd

veeam.

As mentioned above, Clonezilla. It is fast, has a nice compression and can be password encrypted as well. Want just files saved? rsync.
Whenever I work on parents, friends or other PCs I Clonezilla. Fun part was I introduced it to my work 5 years ago and today it is their main standard for all PCs being worked on. My job prior I did that with win XP and and some system tools for easy cloning and deployment of 20 PCs in a day. Sadly win 7 and beyond made that more difficult but as IT we adapt and move on.

Win7's RAID1 default system feature. I'm sure there is an equivalent default feature on GNU+Linux.

rsync snapshots to a ZFS RAID-1 system, with manual split, zipped, and encrypted archives to google drive for mission critical data.

Zfs send | receive

>Google drive
>Hosts your information on their servers
>Your information is now their information
dont be that guy.

>And encrypted archives
Its like you skipped half of his other statement.

i don't really care if they have parts of my encrypted archive. it's across multiple cloud services, and (for now) unable to be brute forced.

sure, it's retarded to assume that it's uncrackable forever, as new technology could render SHA-256 insecure. anything is possible, but it seems pretty unlikely for the near future.

He pointed out the flaw after your post. The issue is Encrypted now can be broken later faster and easier. It is a risk depending on the information included. 10-20 year old information can still be relevant to future users as we are more digital. Just saying be careful on what is shared as 1 password exposed can give insight on all the others you may be using in your lifetime. This is not some tin foil hat stuff, but more a warning of things to come.

I mean you could always make an incredibly huge complex password, that no one has done before and then save that password to keepass or on an encrypted notepad locally.

yes you're right. it's not great opsec to ever allow confidential data to uncontrolled servers, regardless of encryption. however, the utility of a cloud-based backup is worth more to me than the theoretical eventual risk of data decryption. it would be different if I was a CEO, or a political entity, or whatever, but my data isn't all that valuable in isolation. i won't give it away in plaintext, but it's not THAT valuable, if that makes sense.

if the algorithm is broken, due to some sort of exploit or even just by the advancement of computing, it doesn't really matter. SHA-256 works by being computationally complex. while it would take 12 years of the sun's energy to brute force SHA-256 right now, there's no guarantee you couldn't do it in a fraction of a second in 20 years from now.

Bvckup 2

True, but for me my logins are all different if they dont use my email address. Passwords are different as well.
Fun fact, up to a few years ago Chase bank passwords were NOT case sensitive. You could use lower or upper characters and still enter the account.

it doesn't really matter. you could have an enormous password for a document encrypted in MD5, and it would be insecure. they don't have to find your password, just a hash that matches it.

rsync -av -e ssh

Attached: 1556149746593.jpg (777x684, 50K)

Acronis.
It's awesome.

- Can dedup
- Can compress
- Can encrypt
- Can be live booted

I love Acronis. Though I must admit, I bought one version, they released another one within like a month... so since I just grab the ISO from sites. Meh, I did pay for their work, but I don't make a cent out of this, so yea, cba to buy it each time.

Attached: 1530492114300.png (1097x699, 82K)

Is this a skit or something? Can't be real...

right click > copy > right click > paste

Attached: .png (100x143, 28K)

> do this on Linux
> permissions get fucked

> do a zip on Linux
> permissions not stored
> files are fucked

Oh, the joy.

gparted
I take a copy of the partition about once a month or so and store that on a seperate disk.

>do a zip on Linux
it's called tar, user

you can do a zip, or any compression for that matter - just not all of them will store permissions.

>using Linux
Lmao

>They make copies, not backups.
Troll confirmed.
kys faggot.

Duplicati. Runs on all the things, is free and works well.

not only did he use raid 1 but he also used hardware raid on windows
and this guy is running a yt tech channel..

you zip stuff to send, you tar stuff to backup

Veeam enterprise

>right click hold + drag + release click + select "copy here"

Attached: 1539719127982.jpg (584x575, 50K)

>They make copies, not backups.

Attached: Triple Brainlet.png (604x704, 95K)

dd | pigz

restic

Borg or restic.

>^F bacula
>0/0
Dafuq

Restic here as well, with Backblaze as backend. I have about 400 GB on there, costing me about 2.5 USD per month.

Acronis is really nice for making images since it reduces
the size. HPs own thin client image for Win7 Embedded was impossible to install because it would complain about being out of space, despite it having the same 4GB disk as one that I already had working. Backing up the working one with Acronis and imaging the others worked fine because it reduced the image size by about 2GB, now I don’t have to use HPs shitty tool.

ctrl+c
ctrl+v