Is Windows Vista really that bad? If you disable all the fancy 3d effects, how is it any worse than Windows 7?

Is Windows Vista really that bad? If you disable all the fancy 3d effects, how is it any worse than Windows 7?

Attached: vista.jpg (1200x800, 62K)

It was shit before the first few service packs. Pretty unstable.

No it wasnt.

It was shit because tards ran it with 256MB ram, i had 1 or 2 gigs, (cant remember) and it was smooth AF.

I ran it since longhorn beta and it was totally fine.
Normies ruin everything

It was literally windows 7 by the time sp2 and updates rolled around but shit normies hated it because their xp box they haven't upgraded since 98 didn't like having 512mb of ram and a single core in 2006
I got a i7 920 and 6gb of ram in 08 and ran it for a year before 7 came out.
It was fantastic.
Ui was dope as fuck I miss skewmorpbic

AF?

Vista did nothing wrong. It was purely kike OEMs pressuring MS to lower the original minimum system requirements to 256MB from 512MB.

7 is identical to Vista except with higher minimum requirements.

I just want the comfy glass aero UI to live on

Why has no one done a binarycompatible linux fork of windows 7 yet

its still slower

As fuck

It really isn't. Windows 7 is just a rebrand of Vista with some minor tweaks and a new taskbar.

Attached: 1485121720458.gif (379x440, 140K)

I HATE THIS WINDOWS VISTA TONIGHT

niggerspeak

Vista SP2 it's as stable as Win7 SP1.

Vista SP2 literally is 7 SP1.

Vista = W7 beta
Vista SP1 = W7
Vista SP2 = W7 SP1

The OS itself was okay, but developers were not prepared for it. It was a compatibility nightmare for a while after release. It has the best aesthetics of any Windows version.

512MB was also too low - I remember my grandfather bought a new laptop just a few months after Vista's release, had that amount of RAM. It was unusable, I had to upgrade it to 1GB.

512MB was usable if you ran one program at a time. 256MB was just completely unusable.

>developers were not prepared for it. It was a compatibility nightmare for a while after release
This. It was impossible to find compatible drivers for months after launch and the few that developers did manage to publish were unstable as fuck. It took two to three years before devs finally got on board and made decent Vista drivers.

I really liked how the taskbar would automatically stop being transparent when you maximized a window, shame that only happened in vista.

Was shit, especially back then when RAM was expensive.

I remember it would eat up 6GB+ even on a fresh install while the system was idle.

I remember running Windows Vista and replacing the sounds with Longhorn sounds. Gave me chills down my spine whenever I booted my PC.

>how is it any worse than Windows 7?
Not being supported anymore is probably at the top of the list.

Vista was peak Windows aesthetics.

>No TRIM

it ran fine, there is no "fancy 3d effects" to disable and if you did why did you even install vista? it has a wonderful UI. I loved it when it came out, but it had security flaws and it also had that annoying pop up for literally anything you did on the pc. you weren't able to disable it until a later iteration of vista.

they probably just launched too many windows platforms in a short time.

how stable was Windows 7 on release?

Attached: 1548913141918.png (1920x1080, 58K)