15 YEAR OLD ISSUE STILL NOT FIXED

>It's 2019
>Still no thumbnail view in file picker
>GNOME devs still refuse to fix this issue

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP!

Attached: filepicker.png (742x828, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtk3-patched-filechooser-icon-view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is considered a "new" bug in the Linux space, taking 15+ years to fix a bug is not uncommon when you're not being paid. Meanwhile Microsoft Windows 10 has the latest updates available within hours.

PSA: for new fags this is bait

It's true though.

>PSA: for new fags this is bait
it really isn't

the fact that GTK remains a leading widget toolkit under Linux despite their constant boneheaded decisions is a constant reminder that the Linux community kinda just blows (and given the GTK3 devs' desire to introduce breaking changes, I'm amazed that anyone even stayed on it)
same thing with when Pulse got adopted (solved very few problems, added more -- it works now) and then systemd (again, needlessly complicates things, forces itself into places it shouldn't go, generally tries to define standards rather than follow them)
GIMP continues to suck. No one who actually cares about doing graphics work really wants to touch that codebase. People continue to make excuses for the lack of shape tools. Autosave was discussed for YEARS (and dismissed as a hack and that "GIMP shouldn't crash" during that time, all while people would lose work because GIMP isn't as stable as the devs would claim). Go ahead, do a large, multi-layer project in GIMP. I fucking dare you -- it's entirely possible, it's just the biggest fucking hassle.

I like Linux, I like FOSS.
...but all of these "big-names" in FOSS really deserve to just fucking die off.
Shit software written by shit developers that continues to exist because it's being pushed really hard or has the weight of history behind it -- it's hard to want to make something better than GIMP when GIMP already has all these features and does all this shit, even if it does it in such a shitty way.
Worse is better is useful right up to the point where it gets in the way...

...and it's fucking getting in the way.

lol didn't read. you gay lmao :^)

Based

Attached: 1536384256098.png (400x407, 80K)

I've done scanlations in gimp, it was fine. That being said, "graphic designers" are subhuman and need to be rounded up and gassed summarily.

based and smoothbrainpilled

it be like that sometimes

Attached: 1555352886972.jpg (600x524, 43K)

Just use KDE.

is this the power of open source? everyone can see the source and change it, right? and after 15 years, no one has the skills to do it.

open source truly is amazing.

Attached: 1536078124276.jpg (460x287, 15K)

i mean I could just download the file manager of kde

drop the name user

Attached: dolphin.jpg (1280x720, 31K)

*RESOLVED WONTFIX*

Go to bed Poettering.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p6m7ig8fX01s48u4s_250.png (239x235, 45K)

I don't need to see any source code and I have working thumbnails. Open source is even more amazing than you thought.

kde will [spoiler]probably not[/spoiler] save linux

Even if you installed Dolphin you wouldn't be able to get it to work.

Attached: 01bf5976a920a24f53b26839ca9b87e6muammargaddafirevolution.jpg (480x360, 46K)

How's life like being a brainlet?
aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtk3-patched-filechooser-icon-view

user, some of us adults with jobs use distros like ubuntu

Attached: 555comeonnow.jpg (600x328, 28K)

This perfectly sums up the linux community and explains the absolute state of it.

>Even if you installed Dolphin you wouldn't be able to get it to work.
(You)

Attached: just_not_possible.png (1199x614, 172K)

>being too much of a brainlet to take the patch and use it on ubuntu
The retardation is strong in this one

the linux community owes you nothing, you're free to bitch and moan but nobody is going to listen