dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for SUMMIT-FI

Attached: FDFC659D-3E1C-4FD3-AA2B-8CC54422F755.jpg (2719x2431, 1.6M)

hooktube.com/watch?v=tcm1YG_YvAQ
you don't need more

I'm about to buy these to replace my 7 year old UE 600vi's. Yay or nay?

Attached: final_e4000.jpg (1366x800, 292K)

>doesn't say nothing about sound quality
topkek review

Budgetfag here, just got the Anker Soundcore Spirit, seems good so far, was less than $21 where I am (Japan, on Amazon). Hopefully I'll get some Jow Forumsness done

Attached: DSCN8979.jpg (3648x2736, 1.06M)

anyway as far as i can tell they're great and worth every cent of the 10eur they cost me

What would be a noticeable upgrade from DT 990 Pro's for max 300 eurobucks?

Attached: hmm.jpg (10000x10000, 1.86M)

stax

Thoughts on Denon AH-D9200?

Attached: AH-D900-Slider1_eu.png (1920x900, 482K)

be a lot cooler if they were Stax

Attached: 29414422_183729355583166_4232467464484552704_n.jpg (718x718, 136K)

HD600

Attached: 1524161171240.jpg (205x246, 7K)

>40-50€
>Central EU
>Possibly USB since my front jack port is cheap
>Full sized
>Open or Closed whatever
>Anything comfortable and that sounds better than Apple headphones is welcome

I know this is headphones general and not headset general, but what's a decent pair I can buy for about $40? I need it for gaming because my webcam mic sucks.

I had a dream that I got a DT770 and actually liked it. Is my subconscious mind hungering for niggerbass?

it's pretty improbable someone here has heard them, but they're still the classic fostex-style biocellulose and i haven't seen a single negative opinion on it, should be a safe choice.

Buy the HD800 paired with the HDVD800 Amp.

What you don't have the money?
>poorfags

Central europe
100$
Full sized
Open or closed no matter
Normal level of comortability
3.5mm for phone

audiosanctuary.co.uk/kurada-kd-p1-headphones.html
>pleb

Attached: kdp1.jpg (1600x1064, 112K)

why not just get Andromeda if you wanna Campfire?

Because my earholes are too small to fit IEMs.

Why not hd800s then?

nobass

I can’t go over $1000, and I need something at least semi-portable.

Are those "better" then the HD800 quality wise? I'm legitimately asking as I actually own the both the HD800 & HDVD800 for mixing & mastering. I haven't looked at the headphone market since.

Are there new top dogs?

no

sorry, i have no idea about those, i just posted them because they are ultra-obscure, just like the ones in the first post. probably overpriced trash.
there are a lot of new over 1000$ headphones, 3000-4000$ seems to be the new trend, but i highly doubt they're worth it.
the only thing i know detail oriented is adx5000, which people seem to prefer over hd800s and of course hd800. that said, i demoed them and wasn't impressed. i'd say there's nothing clearly better, just more options if you want to try something new.

Enjoying my QC35 II's on the go. Pretty good stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=I9OTOAKy2DY
So listening to these test demos I can give myself an idea of how these would sound like in reality.

AKG K240 and K712 indeed sound crystal clear with the voices and have a flat/neutral theme, but the pitch is too high, it bleeds my ears out. I wonder if it would hurt dogs' ears too.
youtube.com/watch?v=dlH7JcLP5eQ

HD 598-600 again are very flat/neutral sounding, but without the ear bleeding, they sound pretty much like a superior version of Philips SHP1900-9500 lineup.
They don't sound as "flavorful" as the AKG K712, much flatter sounding, but they also don't hurt my ears like a bitch in the first 10 minutes. Still not good in my opinion, I want the flavor, the feel good sounds but without killing my ears.

Beyerdynamics DT770-990 are way too bass heavy, sounds like I'm listening to music in a bathroom. It makes my ears feel good, but I hate the actual sound, it also slightly bleeds my ears from the bass, but just 2/10 compared to the AKGs.

Are these problems real or fake? especially the ear bleeding.

youtube.com/watch?v=B9hbjKuRDX8
Interesting. Sounds like a mix of HD 600 and DT 990. Both flat and flavorful sounding if that's possible, sadly its pros comes with its cons. It's not clear and flavorful enough like the AKG, it's flat. It also hurts the ears from the loudness just like the DT 990s. And oh God at 9:00 it hurts the ears in a combo of DT990s and AKG's cons, both loud and high pitched.

Again, I'm typing these out hoping you guys who actually own these headphones with a DAC+AMP will tell me how accurate listening to a video is compared to the real thing.

>tell me how accurate listening to a video is compared to the real thing.
They're not useful at all.

Thoughts on Focal Clear's?

Just get the Elex

Gonna need a little more than just one sentence there.
Could you tell me what causes ear-bleeding sounds like at 9:00 ? complete lack of a sound card?

There hasn't been a new top dog for like 40 years.

what are Stax S009S.

all stax are the same

Worse than mid-fi.

>Gonna need a little more than just one sentence there.
You're listening to a recording of a headphone... on a completely different headphone. Does that sound like it makes sense to you?
>Could you tell me what causes ear-bleeding sounds
Too much treble, which you can use EQ software to fix if it's an issue. That does sound awful at 9:00 but it's probably more to do with it being shitty music.

What's a good cheap headphone for someone who isn't an audiophile? I had some $20 Philips headphones from the nearby supermarket and the sound quality was great but in a few months they started degrading, making kind of rustling, rattling sound at times and then finally the sound was totally gone unless you bend the cord at a right spot. So I'm looking for basic headphone as far as sound quality but high quality as far as durability? Does such even exist?

Koss Porta Pro

Which Philips specifically? I was exceptionally happy with my SHP 2500 and I was under the impression all headphones are suppose to be like that. Light on the head and clear sounding. Then came the retard DJs, Gaming, Bass-heavy headphones which throw any standard out the window.

beats levels of bass.
get the new ap2000ti, just a little over 1000$

How cheap?

Superlux 681/668B

Repent

Attached: enlightenstax.png (1200x756, 597K)

That's exactly what I had. I was very happy with them until they degraded.
Dunno, 30-40 $/€.
Looks pretty interesting, many fairly positive reviews. 668B costs only 29 euros in Thomann.

>Great value for money
Fucking Kek.

what do you know about stax?

I know I want to own a pair, soon

Are the campfire Andromeda a meme or are they actually good?

ALL PRAISE STAX

BUY STAX

ONLY USE STAX

Attached: holygrail.jpg (1024x590, 142K)

Is DX3 Pro a decent amp/dac?

Get r2r my man.

>Budget
100$ USD but that's not a hard limit

>Location
USA

>Source
3.5, also looking for purchasing advice for a DAC.

>Type
Over ear, prolonged listening time

>Open or Closed
Prefer closed so less leaking

>Comfort level
High, I want to use these for extended periods.

>Signature
Neutral

>Past Headphones
KOSS porta pros

Save up for STAX

Should I ask for recommendations on this almost dead general?
I mean you guys don't even talk about the Philips SHP 9500

Stax

That's nigger - tier shit

how much sound quality do i lose when buying wireless version insted of wired?

A LOT

Those are actually some on point reviews. Most high-end headphones have treble which requires software to polish it.

You might as well buy speakers.

Fuck treble, like having somebody scratch a window with their car keys.

Are SHP 8500 any good?

>speakers
eh, KSC75s are better

Retard generals for stupid niggers. Kill yourself.

don't get so angry, baka nostaxer

How do we save this general? I really love headphones and it pains me to see the only place where one can discuss them without having to debunk burn-in, silver cables, amp synergy and similar lol materials all the time become such a cesspool.

keep coping coppecuck

Please don't bully me because I will probably cry if you do.

where did the stax chads touch you?

Attached: jbDSK84.gif (180x197, 92K)

Put rope over your neck, pathetic basedboy bugman

do i need an amp for my beyers dt 770 pro 80 ohm?

need? no
would it benefit from one? yes

but are headphones themselves worse or is it just the connection's faoult? If i just connect wireless headphones with cable sound will be better right?

First for underpowered headphones

Pshh, nothing personel.

Attached: this kills the stax.jpg (493x335, 23K)

Blame the Stax marketing interns for ruining this fucking general. I wish the chinks never bought Stax, because now you have retarded chinks trying to sell their crappy snake oil here non-stop.

I don't even dislike electrostatics, they have their niche, but god damn are the stax fags annoying.

Attached: stax chinkshit.jpg (600x400, 37K)

Yes, get a cheap $100 amp like the JDS Atom or Magni 3. That's more than enough.

>le epic stax chads are triggering le nostaxers!
>le epic reddit win!

Kys virgin

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt. They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/, plus they pay Zeos to shill their crap.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, with shrill highs that appeal only to near-deaf boomer. STAX is Made in China snakeoil for the audiophool.

Attached: Stax vs Audeze.png (1780x1680, 518K)

I don't even care how they sound when they look so faggy.

>Budget
200 tops
>Location
USA
>Source
3.5, open to dac recommendations within budget
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
I have some mr speakers ear cups already so replaceable ear cups would be a necessity.
>Sound signature
>Past headphones
SHP9500s, MEE M6 Pros, Beyerdynamic byrons.

Attached: 2359591ce032806708f01af43d6d9cf7-png - Copy.jpg (283x296, 32K)

i forgot sound signature
>Budget
200 tops
>Location
USA
>Source
3.5, open to dac recommendations within budget
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
I have some mr speakers ear cups already so replaceable ear cups would be a necessity.
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
SHP9500s, MEE M6 Pros, Beyerdynamic byrons.

Attached: 2359591ce032806708f01af43d6d9cf7-png - Copy.jpg (283x296, 32K)

based AKG

/v/ awaits you

Attached: 1490236027969.jpg (900x1200, 154K)

Not really neutral but Beyer DT770s are worth a look.

God dammit bros why did Oppo have to discontinue their headphones?

>So listening to these test demos I can give myself an idea of how these would sound like in reality.

how fucking dumb do you have to be to actually believe this? it's going to sound like whatever the youtube compression sounds like out of whatever device you are listening to. sound demos hardly ever represent anything worth basing a purchase over

Attached: 1218765137882.jpg (373x287, 17K)

huh?

Attached: 467BB638-4A74-4B25-A094-E42F8862D751.jpg (3608x3001, 2.36M)

THIS nigga right here

RIP Oppo. I wish I'd bought a bunch of UDP-203 and 205 to scalp now.

what’s in your ears user, right now. Me? Campfire Audio Andromeda

Attached: F189B56B-1AE1-49E4-8CB7-A8110DDD087D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

Recommend me some good closed-back Planars under $1000.

>Anime reaction image
>No capitals and no punctuation, not even using capitals on the singular personal pronoun "I".
And taking your reply with a lot of salt... a lot of it.

If you have the ears and you're not a total deadbrain idiot, you can judge the shadow of how these headphones would perform in reality.
I mean if one is obviously made for rock and sounds like its made for rock then no screwing around will make the headphones in question sound good for electronic music and the opposite of rock.

I just got my custom AAW W900. Its a 1 Dynamic + 8 BA iem.

Best soundstage and bass I've ever heard in a iem.

Attached: 20190425_192722.jpg (1800x875, 670K)

You can find Mr.Speakers Ether Closed for around $1000 used.

I’ll check that out. Thanks, user.