Friendly reminder that, in 2003...

Friendly reminder that, in 2003, mactoddlers bought a $2000 laptop (iBook G3) whose keyboard started smelling like a sweaty armpit a year after being manufactured.

>A search on the words “iBook” and “sweat” verified the technician’s statement. Apparently an adhesive used in the labeling and construction of the keyboard would begin to out-gas about 12-18 months after the iBook was manufactured. This gas smells remarkably like ripe, testosterone-enriched perspiration, and it only gets worse with age.

lowendmac.com/2006/a-stinky-old-ibook-that-smells-like-sweat/

Attached: stevejobs1200xx1836-1033-0-96.jpg (1200x675, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/interim-apple-chief-under-fire-after-unveiling-grotesqu-1819572211
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You sure it wasn't this thing? theonion.com/interim-apple-chief-under-fire-after-unveiling-grotesqu-1819572211

Attached: pusbook.jpg (800x450, 41K)

You must be 18 to post here son. Please leave.

Cope

Steev Jops had aids

iToddlers BTFO for 16 consective years

Attached: satania6.gif (244x248, 113K)

friendly reminder in 1995 my father bought a computer made by a manufacturer who doesnt exist any more named quantex who may have bought gold leaf circuit boards and the processor was a pentium series that may also have had gold pins in it

all i know is the entire circuit board looks like the gold plated connections on the sound card and phone line board (in a time before time you connected to the internet with your land line)

also it had black heat sinks that i think people bitched about but if cooling was a concern the heat sink for the cpu would have had a fan on it. it didnt. the processor has a big ceramic plate the pins are in and the actual processor on the ceramic plate looks like its seated in silver

Attached: is that gold.png (1625x665, 2.04M)

well, as Steve Jobs had legendary body odour it was his own personal scent he gave to his worshippers.

MACBOOMERS BTFO

Attached: 1536176017732.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Yes, my friend. The pins of the CPU and contacts on the socket are gold plated. It is meant to last.

OH NO NO NO NO

Congratulations, this might be the most zoomer post I've seen in a month.
Protip: It's colored solder mask. There's no gold in that board apart from some minuscule amount in the connectors and the CPU socket. Same with the CPU, the gold coating on the pins is stupid thin.

Now we know why he selected Tim Cook to be his successor.

baste

My old HP laptops battery smells like that too.

TimCookDancing.webm

That laptop has been blessed by the Chaos gods.

yikes

>Friendly reminder that, in 2003, mactoddlers bought a $2000 laptop (iBook G3) whose keyboard started smelling like a sweaty armpit a year after being manufactured.
How could they tell?

Best

based

So that's what it is. I had a few Dells that smelled like that. One of them was very worn and I just assumed somebody had actual sweat over it.

ITT babby sees ENIG coating for the first time, thinks yellow soldermask is gold too

can you emulate Super Smash Bros Melee on it?

> thinks its gold
this board is getting dumber as the years roll on.

Delltoddlers BTFO

yikes

My Dell Latitude 100L suffers from the same problem. However, the sweaty armpit keyboard were far from the biggest problem these ibook suffered. Like many laptops made in the early - mid 2000's they were susceptible to GPU failure due to the heinous marriage of BGA, and lead free solder. I believe Thinkpad T4x series laptops had the same problem.

Attached: 57618430_2247972602117321_2395540807030407168_n.jpg (538x750, 34K)

pased

Why?

oh no no no no

macfaggots probably loved the smell

I only click on these threads for you at this point

You're right.
Total bullshit.
Wallstreet owner here. Still works. A bit heavey compared to my Macbook Air.

No no no kid...you dont get it. Apple was pretty awesome in 2005 and previous. Its was expensive, but it never crashed. Then you found out two years after buying it (I bought one G4 Powerbook in 2004), that faggot apple locks you into to buyingthe next OS for 150 dollars or shit literally would stop working. After that, I never bought another apple product again.

so sad that steve jobs died of ligma

this article is gold

Attached: U2507P28T3D2530568F346DT20090521063316.jpg (382x550, 28K)

macfaggots will defend this

based

Based.