I'd like to remind everyone here that by openly announcing their opposition to GPL licensed code the OpenBSD project...

I'd like to remind everyone here that by openly announcing their opposition to GPL licensed code the OpenBSD project can no longer be considered free software, they don't care about your freedom, only the freedom of their corporate overlords.

Attached: 1554434134378.jpg (512x384, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/Real-men-don-t-attack-straw-men-td55042i120.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GPEEL

Powerless eunuch.

No one uses OpenBSD to begin with, or any BSD for that matter.

macOS is more used than GNU.

Huh, there's no difference between copyleft and non-copyleft.

BSD gets patches from Intel, Apple, Netflix, and others because nobody wants their downstream patches to break every 6 months.
GPL gets their code stolen by Microsoft, China, and India because you either: can't tell that proprietary machinecode uses GPL, or nobody cares enough to sue for GPL.

Effectively they're the same.

>stallmeme giving openBaSeD free publicity
Fuck you, don't turn oBSD into the next linux shitshow you fucks
Steer away.
Don't use it.
Fuck off

Android is Linux.

Your point?

What

Attached: why_rms_sucks.jpg (1000x898, 194K)

>muh sekrit klub
lmao

You saw how well publicity worked for Jow Forums, linux, nerd culture, atheism, basically everything

Freetards BTFO

Copyleft code can't legally be used in a program with a different copyleft license, how is that free?

I wanted to make a GPL game to fuck over the kikes trying to steal my game. But that's stupid, if you allow anyone to take your software, why should you care if it's taken by an individual for personal use or by a company for commercial use? Copyleft battles are the same as the copyright battles, same type of pointless and petty endeavor, just because you're greedy and jealous and don't want someone else to benefit as well. Jolly Roger pill is tough to swallow, but if you do, it works both ways. GNU is pure kikery supercharged with autism and pretense to have moral high ground. MIT is the best license.

It can, even with the GPL, but there are conditions like that you can't redistribute the thing.

Copyleft software remains free with regards to others, you're not supposed to make the dominant solution in an industry nonfree using it.

>Netflix
>fleet of FreeBSD systems
>Nobody uses bsd

>why should you care if it's taken by an individual for personal use or by a company for commercial use
You don't? All of these are fine with most copyeft licenses.

What you care about is the contribution in kind and perpetual openness / same type of use derivative software.

If anyone sells or redistributes your multiplayer game but modified and it becomes the most popular one, you can continue with that code because you have it and are allowed to use it.

You can't distribute GPL2 code with GPL3 software. You can't distribute GPL3 code with GPL2 software. You can distribute MIT code with any software. MIT is more free.

> more free
No, MIT is *at most* easier to deal with in situations where it's available.

The GPL is what actually leads to more freedom since it preserves it past the first programmer.

When you say Linux you mean Android.

It leads to decrease in freedom because nobody wants put up with all that horse shit. Educating people on virtues of discarding IP rights is what leads to increase in freedom.

Hi, Sony.

GPL is reciprocal. It's a 69. BSD is non-reciprocal. It's going down on somebody, then getting left with blue balls.
BSD == blue balls

>A proprietary service uses openBSD to deploy it's non-free DRM ridden software

Not a good look.

> It leads to decrease in freedom because nobody wants put up with all that horse shit.
Even companies often prefer this license if they want contributions in kind rather than some big competitor making their fork the most popular thing.

> Educating people on virtues of discarding IP rights is what leads to increase in freedom.
Well, that'd work, but until it is actually done: Copyleft is the hack that works around IP being about secret ownership and not about openly sharing in kind.

Until then, any project that doesn't apply a copyleft hack or equal in their license lets the real nonfree laws apply. You then often to usually get very nonfree software by composition or in derivatives etc.

Why is it the enemy of my freedom?
i can use and modify the source to my heart's content

Basically RMS sperged because the OpenBSD ports system can be used to download and install non-free software like Netscape or Opera (at the time).

There is a thread where he comes whining on OpenBSD mailing lists and gets trolled hard by them.

openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/Real-men-don-t-attack-straw-men-td55042i120.html
>Richard, your pants are full of hypocritical poo.

While Theo's ass is full of corporate cock.

>that spacing
gb2plebit faggot

Nah, they started replacing all GPL licensed programs they use because they don't care about their users' freedom, also in part because of NIH syndrome.