RTX on the GTX cards

so now you can enable RTX on GTX 10 series cards, is it actually worth it is the performance hit so bad its pointless?
I've got a GTX 1080 and not got any software to try it out on.

Attached: atomic-heart-nvidia-rtx-ray-tracing-screenshot-shadows-001.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

madebyevan.com/shaders/lightmap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your card will shit out itself, also
>playing gaymes

>rtx
it's useless even on a 2080 ti, go figure it out

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 45K)

I just want to see some pretty Raytracing demos to show off to my faggot console friends

Daily reminder that Atomic Heart will never be released

AMD drone is SEETHING

I don't see the hype around real time ray tracing, I mean sure it's less of a pain in the ass to implement than faking a bunch of effects but the demos I've seen still look like something from 2010 with a slightly better lighting engine

On those full resolution demos, yes.
But gamedevs will most likely just use lower resolution raytrace layers into the conventional rendering and probably get a good frame rate and most of the advantages.

Is it really out on 10 series now?

>space invaders was already my favorite gayme

Attached: aKCAW5x_d.jpg (640x647, 35K)

yep, its comes with the latest Nvidia driver .. 325 I think.

there's nothing fake about planar reflections.

Ty, let me test battlefield 5 on 1440p 1080ti

Ive tried Metro Exodus with RTX on using my GTX 1080, I was getting 30 FPS at 1920 x 1080. not great but better than expected.

Doesnt work fagget, says i need an rtx card

www.youtube.com

install the latest driver retard.
also have a GTX 1060 or better.

I wish raytracing was a thing in Fear.

Where is the dxr raytracing settings on bf5? I can only see dlss

I have the 430 nvidia patch, still no dxr settings in bf5.

I managed to turn on rtx on bf5 with the console.

Raytracing has /technically/ been a thing since forever ago.
Baked lightmaps take so long to process because the design program is generating traced rays and optimizing them down to a static render.

Check this out for some better explanations, and note, the demo might kill a phone if it runs at all.
madebyevan.com/shaders/lightmap/

prob because you have the 1060 ramlet version brainlet

you can try it with that vulkan quake ii port

I tried the demos with a 1080, the frame rate is ridiculous, and the difference is barely noticeable. An rtx card is just not worth it at the moment, this fake ray tracing is a meme, we'll see what happens in the future.

Nvidia's memetracing requires a custom hardware unit not present on older cards.

You get a 50% or more performance drop with RTX on with GTX cards. The visual difference isn't even that big in most titles. You're better off pushing higher FPS on a high hz monitor or applying a higher resolution, those will make a bigger difference.

It completely kills performance in Metro Exodus. Down to ~15fps from a locked 60fps on my 1080 at 1440p. At 1080p that rises to ~25fps. Shadow of the Tomb Raider's hit is allegedly less and can be made semi-playable, but I pirated that piece of garbage and don't have the RTX update for it.

you can look around with Quake 2 with path tracing path

> RTX

So is this another so-called nvidya exclusive feature thing that will later somehow be enabled on amd cards by hackers.

I remember when they pulled this shit with PhysX while hyping it up as some glorious nvidya exclusive shit and then hackers enabled that shit on amd cards anyway for Borderlands 2.

Borderlands Physx on a AMD card just runs the physics on the CPU instead which murders your FPS and frametimes. If you have an Nvidia card then it runs directly on the GPU and your performance scales way better. Trying to hack it to force the AMD GPU to process it causes all sorts of crashing and gamebreaking issues.

I have to turn off PhysX on my 980 because the game crashes otherwise. Sometimes it still does for some reason, but with it on it doesn't even last 2 minutes.

I'm glad it's fucking dead.

1080 ti actually nigger