youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU that can handle more of a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: laughing AMD whores.jpg (1784x748, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_z271.htm
testufo.com/ghosting
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
community.wd.com/t/wd-purple-for-desktop-use/17274/10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Recommend me a
>1080p to 1440p
>24 to 27inch
>8bit panel
>120 or 144hz
>low input lag
>GTG response time of 6.9ms or less for 144hz and 8.3ms or less for 120hz.
>has strobing/motion blur reduction tech
>has freesync or gsync
Panel type makes no difference to me as long as above requirements are met, can be TN, VA, ISP whatever. Naturally the cheapest option that meets all those requirements is welcome.

240hz doesn't eliminate tearing either, dude. Holy shit.
Adaptive sync and Vsync is what eliminates tearing. The later adds a lot more latency.

>Would this be enough to get a Ryzen 5 2600 up to 4mhz and keep it cool over the stock fan?
ya 4mhz ez. maybe even 400.
But the stock cooler looks like it's not much worse than that.

>I have a Zotac GTX 1080. one of the two fans broke. it kinda looks like a I can just buy another fan and slide it onto the pin.
If the fan has the same center hub diameter, yes, you could.

>What is the minimum GPU I need to run 144Hz 1440p smoothly?
Vega 56 or 1070Ti.
But for just older and lower requirement games, much lower end GPUs can do it.

The Mbest one. No anti-blur but it's the lowest response time of an AHVA at 3.3ms and only 1ms input latency.
For one with anti-blur, probably an Acer Nitro. I know some Pixios and others have it too, but I forget which. It's hard to filter monitors by having anti-blur so dunno.

mbest is not an option
Which Acer nitro there is shitloads of them

How will a Q9650 handle a GTX 1050 + RX 550 ?

Intel Rocket Lake 14nm++++++++ in 2021 with dual channel DDR4 and PCIe 3.0
Please look forward to it.

It is the 560 which is compareable to the 550.
The 550 is compareable to the 1030.
Q9650 + 1050/560 should get you 30fps in most everything fine.

idk which look and see. You have the specs you want, which sure is a good target, and it shouldn't be that hard. You're expecting people to look for you.

560 which is compareable to the 1050 I mean

>just wait 20 years into the future
we might not even live that long dude

Do I need any cooling sources for a 1080Ti?

Will a two year old 1080Ti support Freesync?

what

yes it's just software

IPS panel or VA for visuals? IPS seems to get recommended by gaymers but VA seems to be favored by everyone else. The monitor is 50/50 for games and movies so I'm split down the middle, looking at two $400 monitors both with good reviews.
Any good sites for comparing monitors online?

I have a 144hz 1440p monitor with a 8700k. If I'm wanting high fps, does AMD offer anything for gpu's? My 290x has been amazing but its struggling now that I upgraded my monitor.

>IPS seems to get recommended by gaymers but VA seems to be favored by everyone else.
the other way around, bro.
IPS for color accuracy.
TN for speed.
VA is between the two above but can have some backlight bleed so check reviews.
Tho you can get pretty fast IPS panels these days but they cost a bit more.

Vega 56 or 64, undervolt and OC (get decent model) should do it depending on game and settings.
Vega VII is too pricey imo cus of the fucking 16GB VRAM, it's more of a work card than gaming.

who makes the best cases for liquid cooling? i have a corsair carbide 200r but i want to try liquid cooling and it seems this case doesnt support it. i think i'm getting the Corsair H100i if that makes a difference, but honestly i haven't researched it i just selected one that had pretty good reviews.

as far as the cases go, so far i'm liking the phanteks enthoo evolv, NZXT h500, lian-li PC-011, and the corsair 750D.

just want something compatible, sleek, windowed, multiple drive bays and somewhat cheap.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Panel per panel basis. That said, I'd pick IPS in your case sine most of the time IPS panels have lower latency than VA.

About little worth buying unless on discount. You'd be looking at a Vega 56, but the RTX 2060 is better value at $350. If you can find a Vega 56 new for under $300 that DOES NOT have a blower cooler (unless you run headphones), then it's a win. If you can find a Vega 64 under $400 with a quality cooler, that's also worth considering. Avoid Gigabyte Vega 56, they fucked it up.

one of the newer fractal cases (not the S2 vision RGB shit) has great water options.

i think Jayz2cents and gamersnexus both did reviews of it.

Depends what you mean by "liquid cooling". Generally a reservoir will take the place of front drive bays, so depends how many drive bays you need... and how much you're willing to spend. If you just mean putting a (couple of) AIO coolers, then most modern cases in ATX form factor support two 240mm AIOs (front and top) if not bigger at the front.

Radeon VII is around the same as the 2080.
The cooler can get loud, though. The pretty shroud blocks a lot of airflow.
It is well over twice the performance of your 290X.

The value of any of the $450+ cards is really poor. Radeon VII is about 25-30% more performance than the $420 Vega 64 for 70% more money.

You can do liquid cooling in anything if you're not a basic bitch.

Huh? IPS is super popular with workstations. IPS color accuracy is more important than the contrast of VA.
VA is less popular among gamers because SOME VA panels have incredibly bad ghosting which has given ALL VA panels an unfairly poor reputation.

Attached: parvum r1 build ruby.jpg (2048x1536, 1.16M)

bruh, you can get a vega 56 for up to $100 less than a $350 2060

Thermaltake Core X and W series are great and not too expensive.

I have an i7-4790k and a gtx 770. What video card should I get as an upgrade?

meshify S2? looks like the most recent one theyve reviewed

hard drive bays i mean. I have 3 hard drives and two solid state drives, i plan on replacing one of the ssds with m.2 in my new build but i don't want to consolidate my drives because i have a good system going with backups. and also yes i just mean an AIO cooler. I was going to keep my Hyper 212 Evo on my new build but when i posted the pcpartpicker list in one of the previous threads everyone just clowned on me for it.

i am a basic bitch. i havent built a pc since 2015 and even then it was pretty basic. I just dont like buying prebuilts because of the off-brand parts and "build fees"

>gtx 1080 died out of nowhere
>warranty is up
>repasting didn't help
>out of money for the next few months
help is this a good 2060?

www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2060-twin-fan

VA is a superior technology. A properly designed VA panel will have be equal or better to IPS and TN but have vastly superior contrast to either.

Thus far TN panels have faster refresh rates but it typically comes at the expensive of visual artifacts or poor color. You'd be better off with a 144-165hz VA panel than deal with TN panel problems.

I've seen claims that IPS has superior color or text readability but there's nothing inherent about the technology that would make either statement true. A properly designed VA panel will be equal in both regards.

I've seen claims that VA is slower or laggier and again neither is true. TN can be negligibly faster. When you start getting to 0 frame lag measurements there's no detectable difference and VA panels are perfectly capable of it.

VA panels are used in high end TV sets because they flat out look better.

The only thing better than VA is OLED but there's no viable options for that technology on the desktop.

>va for games
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>va is fine for gaming
GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING MONSTERS

Attached: VA is fine.gif (250x250, 268K)

If it's not the garbage Gigabyte Vega 56 nor a blower based model, then sure.

Then just pick a case that has the radiator support you need and decent thermals. Most recent cases will fit what you want, and 2.5" SSDs can be screwed about anywhere.

whats your budget?

i cant remember, but one of them specifically did mention pretty much all the watercooling shit you could do with it.

>VA is superior
take your plebbit spacing and get out

>VA is superior
I seriously hope you didn't fall for the IPS or TN meme.

why dont you backup your claim with evidence instead of posting shitty meme replies?

What part would you like me to backup? You can go to a review site like tftcentral and see the measurements for any decent VA and how they compare. Good VA panels have equal color, lag and vastly superior contrast. This is a fact. It seems to me like you failed to do your research, bought a shitty panel and are trying to spread your misinformation onto everyone else.

give examples for those then

Sure. Here's one,
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_z271.htm

Whats the recommended 1660 ti model? I recently got some unexpected money.

Attached: ets2_20190317_102630_00.png (1280x800, 688K)

Attached: deeper blacks, if we could display blacks that is.jpg (1048x1208, 65K)

>2016
>It's not quite as fast as IPS and TN Film gaming screens, but it offers a decent gaming option in the VA space.
>$220 for 24" 144hz
guess it's alright but calling it superior is just blatant lie. hopefully newer models are better

>fucking 3.4 to 15.3ms GTG response times
Mean while a tn manages consistent 2ms~
Keep in mind this is a 144hz monitor and for 144hz monitor you need at least, AT LEAST 6.943ms GTG otherwise you get blurry shit as the pixels literally can't transition fast enough for the next frame.

It's negligibly slower than all but the fastest panels while having vastly superior contrast to any TN or IPS panel. VA is flat out superior.
You should review the review because they don't agree with you.
With normal overdrive settings overshoot is minimal and GTG is much better. 15.3ms is only occurs without using overdrive. Panels that report superior GTG settings typically have much worse overshoot.

>You should review the review because they don't agree with you.
I don't CARE FAGGOT, compare it to some TN for motion clarity for instance
Just because they tell you "well it's not terrible" doesn't mean
VA IS DA BEST, AS GOOD AS TN AND ISP IN ALL CATEGORIES!

Attached: VA can deliver same motion clarity as a ISP OR TN.jpg (1382x936, 302K)

Attached: VAstly superior my ass.jpg (797x789, 155K)

middle girl has nice hair :)

testufo.com/ghosting
Look at this shit user. Tell me how does it look like.

How do you guys feel about Sapphire? I'm looking at their Vega64 nitro+. I also assume a vega64 is a decent choice 1440p 144hz monitor.

Vega 56 for 1440p
2060 for 1080p if it's cheaper.

>get cucked by nvidia once
>buy nvidia immediately again
haha

1660ti is efficient enough that it doesn't matter THAT much. Though I'd still avoid models with milled aluminum heatsinks.

Vega 64 Nitro+ is literally the best one m8.

>Vega 56 for 1440p
>2060 for 1080p if it's cheaper.
This fucking shill again.
2060 performs better than vega 56. It does better in both 1080p and 1440p, unless you are playing in the 5~ games that actually need more than 6GB VRAM in 1440p.

>6Gb is enough for 1440p and will always be enough
this fucking shill again I swear.
No one who has actually built a PC before and experienced not having enough VRAM is going to believe your bullshit. Don't know why you keep trying to spread your deceit.

>No one who has actually built a PC before and experienced not having enough VRAM is going to believe your bullshit. Don't know why you keep trying to spread your deceit.
Would be a shame if somebody actually did tests on this very issue. Really shame. Faggot shill.
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM

how much do they pay you on every vega card sold?

That link shows that 4 games use over 6Gb yet you claim it doesn't LOL
And that's not all the games, nor is it games coming out in a year or two, dumb shill.

>get these EVGA cables cause they were $30 on ebay
>they're lime green and not green like the rest of my build
Just fuck me up bro

Attached: 20190424_142523~01.jpg (2786x2786, 1.41M)

>l-look! Some random YouTube faggot proves that I'm right!!
FUCK OFF

sapphire is best AMD brand.

and more games will be using more over time. kys retard

idiot

>just when you thought you couldn't make your build look EVEN SHITTIER!
ayy caramba

Attached: firefox_2019-04-25_17-46-04.png (164x171, 60K)

Attached: amd shill at it again.jpg (1919x749, 298K)

>and more games will be using more over time. kys retard
that's what I said though

okay why are you even posting if you yourself know you need more than 6gb for at least 5 games, with more not included in the test, and more yet to be released?
lol

>this proof means NOTHING!
>listen to me shill AMD cards instead! Trust me goy, TRUST ME!

I like how you resort to lying, shitposting and other distasteful tactics.
Anything to shill AMD huh? Got to earn your months rent huh?
Just can't accept evidence or proof of any kind.
>don't buy nvidia goys! Buy AMD you need it, YOU NEED IT!

>That link shows that 4 games use over 6Gb
And none of the GPUs have performance penalty for not having more than 6GB VRAM.

What lie?
It shows right there that 4 or 5 games use over 6Gb at 1440p.
That isn't every single game, there are more which use over 6Gb than are on that list.
More will be released over the next year or two and beyond which use over 6Gb.

Because it's increasing texture compression (lower quality) and increasing texture popin (less preloading) to keep it under 6Gb on that card.

Don't forget this is VRAM allocation, not actual usage. As games allocate as much VRAM as they can, but performance doesn't start to suffer even if they don't allocate as much since the actual "needed" amount can and often is lower.
Simply put going below the "Allocation" size does not mean worse performance, going below actually needed VRAM on the other hand does, but it's difficult to measure, except incrementally reducing the VRAM size to see at which point performance suffers.

>It shows right there that 4 or 5 games use over 6Gb at 1440p
No. It shows they allocate it. Good luck proving they actually use it.

>What lie? Pointed out here.
>Because it's increasing texture compression (lower quality) and increasing texture popin (less preloading) to keep it under 6Gb on that card.
Ah, let me guess you don't actually have any proof to this right? Just take your word for it, buy amd or youl be sorry, right?

Dude, what?

>Those colors
>Gets a case with white expansion slot covers
>Shit green to begin with

Just break it all down and start again.

>Ah, let me guess you don't actually have any proof to this right?
It's common knowledge. The developers of many engines go over it. Maybe do some research. If you weren't poor, you'd probably know a thing or two about programming.

>It's common knowledge.
Might as well say "I don't have to prove anything"
Good proof there amd shill.

>proof
Your proof is literally one YouTube faggot.

>I don't like this proof, it proves me wrong, get rid of it! It doesn't count!

Show me proof of all the hundreds of games released over the past few years and that none of them suffer performance issues due to the 6Gb.
Proof proof proof. Lets go, 6Gb shill.

Next you'll try and say no games use over 3.5Gb and that the 970 is the best lmao

How bad are WD Purple HDDS for regular use? I'm talking storing movies, TV shows, music and regular documents.

Attached: 1524748497198.jpg (800x1130, 494K)

>can only provide literally one source for his bullshit claim
lol

Show me proof of all the hundreds of games released over the past few years and that majority of them suffer performance issues due to the 6Gb. And that those performance issues put the 2060 6GB behind the amd vega 56 8GB.
Proof proof proof. Lets go, amd shill.

Reminder, I have provided proof to my claims, while you haven't.

>Next you'll try and say no games use over 3.5Gb and that the 970 is the best lmao
strawman.

thats an infinite more proof provided relative to the amd shill, who has provided literally zero proof.

You could get away with a Blue or a Red. Purple are really for a specific need if you really need to spend the extra cash for peace of mind.

goys buy 570 8GB over 2060 6GB! You will get better performance in all games due to the 8GB!
2060 is only 6GB and for 1080p
570 8GB is for 1440p

Yeah I should paint those green too actually that'd look great
And nah I like the color man buzz off

>AMD shill
Wait, hold on. I think you and I are on the same team. Did you misquote?

I would recommend against it

community.wd.com/t/wd-purple-for-desktop-use/17274/10

Hello, earlier this yeah I bought a 144hz monitor, and while it still functions great, on start up I get this weird vacillating artifact that go away after a bit. It starts at the bottom of the monitor and goes up and down iradically until eventually it disappears. Currently at college so I wouldn't be able to take a picture, but according to the googles it is some burst capacitors. I wanted to ask if any of you have had this problems.

Reminder that the 9400f is better and cheaper than the 2600x

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15-18-52-08-974_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 856K)

Reminder that the 2600X+board is better and cheaper than the 9400f+board

Attached: vivaldi_2019-04-25_18-15-15.png (2422x1362, 1.88M)

Arent purples for 24/7 rewriting shit from security cameras? Get a Red instead.

reminder that you're spending more in the long run cus you either have to cheap out on mobo and replace everything with intel later or buy the more expensive chipset mobos if you ever want the option to upgrade CPU plus you barely have any choice because you're lucky if intel decides to support next gen cpu on last gen mobos.

Hey vega 56 shill. is your shit worth it for 1080p over the 1660 ti. i'm a giant faggot who doesnt play current AAA games.

>just get worse shit now but think about when you can upgrade again!
Fuck off
Also a normal person upgrades every 3-5 years
nice falseflag

nice falseflag

>>just get worse shit now but think about when you can upgrade again!
that's literally the argument you're doing with your retarded 9400F shilling, dipshit

>the 9400F is not noticably faster
>to be cheaper you have to pick shit mobo that you need to spend even more money replacing aswell if you ever want a better CPU
>or you have to spend more on a decent mobo from the start to even have the option of a good upgrade later without replacing mobo aswell
and even then, you STILL have to deal with the fucking abysmal last-generation chipset support the new intel CPUs have every fucking time, which again means you spend more money in the long run.

>Also a normal person upgrades every 3-5 years
again with this fucking base-less bullshit "stats".
proofs or GTFO.
backup your fucking claims.

>Arent purples for 24/7 rewriting shit from security cameras? Get a Red instead.
Now I'm a fucking retard, I know, but I know the guy who sells them and I picked a couple of purple drives up without really looking into them. Only now I realize they're "made for" security cameras. I'm just wondering if it'll have real issues with storing regular shit on a PC I turn off every night and if it's worth pissing the guy off to have them changed for some other HDDs.
And yes, I realize how fucking dumb I am.

Attached: 1535491546980.gif (500x376, 1.4M)

i have no idea.

1660Ti is pretty ideal of a 1080p card if the 570/580 aren't enough for what you're playing.
But sometimes Vega56 is nearly the same price as the 1660Ti while being about 10-25% more powerful depending on the game.

2060 or Vega 56 is the most I'd spend for on a 1080p card, but the 1660ti tends to be better value and is much more efficient than both, so I'd actually recommend the 1660ti more highly.
That said, don't pay over $280 for one. Wait until a good model is at that price or lower. Some retards pay $320 for 1660Tis of which you could have gotten a 2060 or vega56 for.

Attached: amd is better.jpg (2560x1440, 963K)

>>Also a normal person upgrades every 3-5 years
>again with this fucking base-less bullshit "stats".
Not him, but he is pretty much correct about the 4 years average thing. Still, hes dumb as fuck cause if use the am4 chipset as example we will see that had you bought in 2016, your upgrade would come right around now-2021, meaning you would have been able to take advantage of it and get zen 2 when it comes out. Thats a good amount of money you could save, especially if you buy a high end mobo.

Guess im the one whose dumb as fuck :(

If you bought a 8700k in 2017 you could still btfo 2020 ryzen and saved more money than someone who would upgrade his amd cpu every year

thing is you can last another few years only upgrading the CPU instead of having to replace your whole fucking system.

NOOOOOO GET ME OUT OF HERE

The thing is that "4 year average" to update is only because Intel made upgrade so expensive and not worth it.
Prior to AMD fucking up in 2011, I'm sure it was more common to upgrade every 2-3 years. It at least was for me and most others I knew.

Why would you upgrade in 2 or 3 years when the new $500 cpu+motherboard combo is the same 4c/8t? Compared to years prior when spending $150-$350 on a new CPU and keeping your board gave you a MUCH bigger upgrade.

When Ryzen came out, there was the biggest surge in PC parts direct to consumer in the past 3 years. That is proof that Intel had stagnated the upgrade cycles themselves.

But the 8700k doesn't even BTFO current gen ryzen

Attached: i_view32_2019-04-24_21-28-46.png (1820x699, 524K)

I'm pretty sure you two are in agreement, friends, and misread.

Whether you are upgrading CPU after 2 years, or 4 years... yeah AM4 came out in early 2017 and you could buy a new CPU for it in late 2020 and that is over 4 years.

Zen2 is going to be a bigger improvement over Zen1 after 2 years than Intel managed from 2011-2016 lmfao. That's the hilarious thing Intel shills don't realize they're BTFOing themselves about.

If it's not Amada, no merch buy. Fuck those generic 2D waifus.

no im
didnt misread shit.

Intel forces you to upgrade more parts sooner.
AMD saves you money in the long run cus you can just upgrade the CPU and stay relevant a few more years.

I'm a bit late, but I am stuck between an IPS or a VA panel. It won't be my main monitor, so probably no games on it, just movies and browsers mostly. Can I get a decent 27" one for 200-300 usd?