Which IDE would you suggest for a noob getting into python and some web development?

Which IDE would you suggest for a noob getting into python and some web development?

Attached: 051F294E-0466-4B89-8847-50E973AB1216.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scratch.mit.edu/studios/315425/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why, Microsoft Visual Studio Code of course.

>IDE

>IDE
You don't want to fuck yourself up from the start. Use a text editor.

install GNU/Emacs
learn LISP
if you have any questions: LISP is most powerful language in the world.

Notepad if you're on Windows.
VIM if you're already on Linux for some reason.
Else if you find yourself on mac, give up before you waste your time.

scratch.mit.edu/studios/315425/

Install Linux and VI if you're on Windows.
VI if you're already on Linux for some reason.
Else if you find yourself on mac, install Linux and VI

Don't listen to the faggots telling you to do everything from scratch. You can do that after you've got a good handle on the basics. Compiling and running your own code right from notepad isn't going to make you a better programmer as a beginner.

I started with Python as well. IDLE (comes installed with Python) was a good enough editor for me to learn with. When I got into debugging, writing my own classes and other stuff, I began using iep (I think they might have changed the name now)

For the veeery little amount of enterprise-level py programming Ive had to, I used PyCharm...but it feels pretty bloated. If Im just coming up with some small python program, I use Visual Studio Code.

tl;dr IDLE is just fine. If not, iep or VS Code

Attached: btk-dennisRader.jpg (480x360, 12K)

emacs

I have zorin installed with dual boot win10. I'll check out all the recommendations. I wish I wasn't a brainlet. Trying to change that. If anyone has any beginner project tutorials they can throw at me, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks for all the advice frens.

Attached: wojakbrain.jpg (326x294, 18K)

>If anyone has any beginner project tutorials they can throw at me, I would definitely appreciate it.
I don't know if the Jow Forums hivemind approves of it, but I read through Python Crash Course starting out and thought it was a pretty good introduction. The second half of the book has three projects that reinforce the topics from the first half: Space Invaders clone, data visualization with Matplotlib, and building a basic bitch website with Django.

sublime or atom

this, use vim

I'd only ever consider VSCode or jetbrains products. Maybe emacs/vim but I'm comfy with VSC

Atom is like a shit tier vscode
Anything else is basically useless shit from 5+ years ago that only dumb boomers use because they don't know any better (0.5x devs)

pycharm
fuck off

yes unironically pycharm

you can get it for free if you are a student

oh nevermind theres a free edition too

pycharm (educational edition if you can for full featureset)

spyder

nano

VSCodium

jupyter