Do you ever feel like you should be getting more out of your life or is your coding career enough to make you happy?

Do you ever feel like you should be getting more out of your life or is your coding career enough to make you happy?

Attached: 1555471659288.jpg (1024x750, 62K)

i dont come to Jow Forums to be reminded of my life

I like my life.
Programming and business process implementation by day, videogames by night (and weekends).
I don't go out with friends, I don't go out at all actually. I go to work, go home. That's it.
Life is great.

>Retards complaining about being bored because they made shitty life choices.
Probably became a code monkey because its the hip new oil rush.

Find what you like doing and die while doing that. Life's got no general purpose.

I like programming, playing vidya, doing stupid shit w/ my family(wife+dogs+cats). If you're not happy with what you're doing - do something different, or fight for the chance. That's about it.

We're all the same at the end of the day; just live an ordinary life.

The purpose of life is to resist the powerful and fight for a just world.

my coding career is a requirement for my ultimate aspiration of destroying basically everything

Perhaps dumpy programmers should also work on themselves. Being a tech dweeb is no excuse for being a lazy fat piece of shit.

Do you get lonely? Talking to people even just for a little bit tires me out so much that I mostly just avoid social interaction. But then I end with crippling loneliness. Although lately I've been socializing a lot more with my coworkers recently, and taken more pleasure in my work as I feel I've taken my knowledge to the next level. Because of this I've felt a lot more fulfilled recently, and started taking better care of myself

Work is just a necessity to get money. I don't think about it when I'm not working. That said, perfect life would be with no need to work, just sitting home and watching anime/reading manga. Heaven.

Whats the point

I get lonely the weeks I don't go to the office.
I have a 3 days at the office, 2 remote schedule, but not all weeks are the same, sometimes (like this week) I go to the office every day, other times I don't go a single day.
When I don't go to the office I do get lonely.
It helps that my coworkers are all very nice people that I can chat with a bit at work.
I get all my social interaction from work. And yes, I feel the same as you, I recently hit the 2 year mark at my workplace and I've realized that I've learned a lot and gained a lot of expertise in one particular system and am doing a lot of cool stuff, next week we get a new junior and I'll be teaching him the ropes. I feel a lot more fullfilled and happy, got a haircut recently. I'm also going to client meetings for sprint deliveries and my superiors have praised my negotiation skills with clients, so overall I feel much happier.
Though, I'm still an introvert almost shut in at heart. Truth be told, I was a neet for a year before I got a job, and was pretty much at home for the entirety of that period. Fake it till you make it I guess.

Attached: 4b4c3ebdcac5b46ea611f3262b9d958b.png (810x800, 517K)

So you dont look like a dumpy piece of shit and siphon medical resources like the disgusting slug you are. And when you're in your 60s and 70s you wont have to rely on a walker to get around. The more muscle you have on you the more muscle you'll have in your twilight years. Conversely the less muscle you have on you the more muscle you'll lose.

Attached: b75dcf602e9011fbdf801fdb8ad7378d (1).gif (540x308, 33K)

I'm happy for you (and me), user! Thanks for your perspective. Pretty interesting that you have good negotiation skills despite being an introvert, I'm jelly

I'd love to do that, but I don't like any videogames anymore. My last game love was Eve Online. None even come close...

>work out so less of Schlomo's money gets used on health care
baka desu senpai

Attached: liftforhitler.jpg (425x868, 60K)

very nice user

Thank you, the sentiment is mutual. I feel like I've done a great progression from extremely depressed, isolated NEET, to a well adjusted, though still introverted person who goes to work and enjoys what they do.
I guess it comes from having done a proper job.
The client meetings are basically demoing the progress of the project, discussing possible changes on the current product for the next delivery and the future additions. All I do is explain how it works and do a live demo, since I did all of it myself, I know how to explain everything and can answer any questions or doubts, be it technical or about possible changes. Being honest about what can be done and when it can be ready goes a long way to have a good meeting with the client.
Ironically enough, I work in other projects my company is involved in, and those projects don't go as well because they're managed by different people and are managed very chaotically, with lots of last minute changes to requirements, I feel that the best way to communicate is to be clear about what the client wants and when, and then if changes need to be done, that's on the next agreed delivery, and so on.

I had the same thing recently, as work and responsibility ramped up I lost more and more interest in videogames, namely multiplayer ones because those were the ones I mostly played. The last month I had barely played anything, just couldn't be bothered. Last week I decided to try singleplayer games instead, bought The Witcher 3 GOTY edition and been having a blast playing a bit every day when I get home and in the weekends.
Fuck multiplayer games, already got too much real competition and self improvement IRL at work to be bothered to try to compete with 15 year olds high on Monster Energy.

My expenses are 10% of my income. I'll retire in 4 years.

the 'couldn't be bothered' part is me... just couldn't be bothered at all. Sad because I can get very bored in the evenings, so i just go on youtube, Jow Forums, watch TV shows. Id rather have the experience of gaming back - but it seems to be gone

Fuck the kike I just want to be able to walk/run around in my old age. I've seen my dad lose considerable strength in the last 10 years (he's 60). 45lb bags of gravel/mulch/etc are a lot heavier to him now. I can load two or three of them on my shoulders and move where he might struggle with one.

As I said, try to play something you haven't been playing. If you played singleplayer games, try to get into multiplayer, or vice versa.
For me, it's a cold beer and a comfy RPG. I play on PC but do so with a controller, with my recliner back. That's the life.

Do yoga. Find a teacher that doesn’t play music and doesn’t waste the class talking about hippie bullshit. Hippies ruined yoga

I didn't make the mistake of thinking my life is my job. I have a fun job (driving forklift) and I use my free time to learn what I want, when I want.
If you already went to college and have a high paying job, save up everything, go on a Spartan lifestyle. Invest everything you can until you get to the point where you can live off the earnings from your investments. Retire at like 35-40.

Attached: 1553941136672.png (590x768, 396K)

I hate everything about my life but I also don't really know how to fix it and every attempt to do so fails so I guess I'll just keep doing this till I either luckshit my way out of it one day or till I had enough and off myself.

This is a nice thread. I'm very happy to study programming now. I feel like it's the thing I should have done way earlier, but i don't hate myself for not doing it earlier anymore. Life is pretty good

I ask myself the exact same question, I have a decent job and some good savings, I'm gonna buy a house soon etc. but it all feels so pointless I'm just cruising through life doing this things I see others do but I don't even feel anything.

Attached: 1502969231186.jpg (1400x1400, 299K)

It's not much of a career. I know some programming and it's taking me 4 years to finish a 3-year degree. Every time I think I'm good at something and have a valuable skill I see someone else achieving more in a shorter amount of time. I have no job experience and all my friends are busy being better or worse off than me.

Same for me. There's nothing I really enjoy doing, but I still have to kill time. So instead I just do some shit other people expect me to do, because at least that means I'll have a decent social standing to pursue what I love when (or rather if) I manage to find something that brings me joy.

Only problem is that I probably come across as fairly autistic whenever people compliment me on what I achieved since I don't feel any pride in it. So it's hard to sincerely take the compliment.

It's fine, you don't need to be the best programmer ever to get a job. All you need to do is not be a massive sperg that can work in a team, and actually get work done on time with the rest of your coworkers. It's actually not that hard.

What's there to life anyway?
You're born, you go to school, you work and live day to day, then you're old and you die.
I think we've been sold this illusion, this dream, that we're all heroes on a journey to save the world, by all our media; books, movies, TV, games. It all tells us that there is some greater thing to work towards, and yet our lives are nothing like that.
I guess I just find solace in being able to interact with coworkers and family, and even some people whom I'd call friends, and especially anons here.
Don't give up!

Attached: 13672167944862.png (409x397, 147K)

I'm making a video game in my spare time, drafting a book, and saving up money to buy a rotax-max go-kart to compete in a local championship.

>Do you ever feel like you should be getting more out of your life
Nah.

Attached: tumblr_ntdxxvsROi1udq9zao1_1280.png (889x592, 289K)

>Work and buy coffee and listen to podcasts
There's your problem, you need to get stoned, do cardio and watch House

The meaning of life is right now it is right infront of you it is what you are doing you can live any life you want to live you just choose not to you have the power to bend reality to to your will if you want evidence of this look around you look at the civiliazation we have created it was the will of human beings that created that

Life is an amazing journey or a boring slog it depends on what you want it to be

I used to get lonely when I compared myself to social people and how much they seemed to enjoy being with other people and it felt like I was missing a huge part of being a person. Then I stop carrying. They can enjoy life their way I’ll enjoy it my. I know what I like to do and have a job that enjoy doing as a hobby. If I had friends it would just me less time I have to do what I actually enjoy doing and I’m aware of the progress I’m making by not having social distractions which is extremely rewarding. I’m moody around people and happy by myself so what’s there to be lonely about?

>look around you look at the civiliazation we have created it was the will of human beings that created that
It disgusts me knowing my lazy ass makes multiple times more than most of the world, just because I happened to be born in a wealthy country.
At some point those Pajeets and Nogs are going to rise up. I'd rather not be around then.

Attached: 1555966911029.jpg (888x1242, 813K)

you need to go back

big ass booties

Attached: 1549197928636.gif (360x360, 2.49M)

I have similar life to this but all my coworkers are indians with families so i definitely get lonely.

>coding career
Ha! Hardly anyone here actually works in the IT industry. This is a site for hobbies.

The best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago, the second best time is now.

Same, fren.

Attached: 1547067608611.jpg (618x741, 75K)

2nd best is 9 years ago

Don't expect technology or entertainment to fill the role of religion

Attached: bit-iesus.png (400x400, 2K)

Based

Don't expect religion to give you fulfillment

all of the above
based hypno fetishists unite

Attached: bugenhagen.png (392x436, 265K)

>Like I should
That's the evil. You'll feel worse about not doing "more". Just do what comes naturally.

Technology will one day fill the role that religion did.
When God finally comes into existence.

Attached: 1547482501585.jpg (804x720, 195K)

>I like my life

Attached: image.jpg (543x443, 45K)

based and tedpilled

Rather be bored than dead and that's why I keep slaving away, life still has some pleasures worth enjoying.

It's a non-brainlet way of saying "life is good".

Extroverts feel that way or rather people who seek external stimuli behave that way. Introverts or people who can generate their own stimuli with internal thoughts do not feel bored.

Maybe if she had a relationship and a family and kids, maybe then she would have more to do than listen to podcasts. Who am I kidding lol

The circle of goy:
>born
>schooled
>employed
>bored
>bred
Strange game

take up gardening

welcome to the work until your dead world, enjoy your stay.

You're right, she could listen to podcasts while changing a diaper it would be so fulfilling

>muh diapers
of course having children is what's missing from her life.

>tfw after going to school and living the normal life that was expected of me i felt that way and depressed
>everything sucked and was a struggle to just get by
>then i realized that i can always just kill myself which was very liberating
>maybe i could try actually living before though
>doubled down and began to only do the things i knew i wanted to, the things i most loved and enjoyed
>everything started to come together in my life
>it's no longer a struggle and i don't have to worry about anything anymore
>i'm getting paid to live the dream
Live your design and the universe provides.
Whoa be to the poor sucker who prevents themself from actualizing this
Worse yet is the pitied sap who, though probably no fault of their own, doesn't even know what they enjoy or are capable of.

Attached: work1477450294303.jpg (1713x2284, 656K)

This is me right now - it does not work.

>Caffeine makes you depressed
>wonder why you’re depressed
>twitter is awful
>name one good podcast
>tweet for attention
The internet was a mistake

Attached: 1E92037B-835F-484C-9AF7-0C7B27548D06.gif (170x180, 1.07M)

>low IQ normaltard in charge of understanding depression
You really need to be told that you're retarded more often.
Maybe when you understand it, you'll stop.

Caffeine is associated with decreased depression actually, I don't know why you're making shit up

>330,677 participants from seven studies in seven articles were included in the coffee-depression analysis, while 38,223 participants from eight studies in seven articles were involved in the caffeine-depression analysis. Compared with the lowest level consumption, the pooled relative risk (95% confidence interval) for coffee-depression and caffeine-depression was 0.757 [0.624, 0.917] and 0.721 [0.522, 0.997], respectively. For dose-response analysis, evidence of a linear association was found between coffee consumption and depression, and the risk of depression decreased by 8% (relative risk=0.92, 95% confidence interval=[0.87, 0.97], p=0.002) for each cup/day increment in coffee intake; a nonlinear association was found between caffeine consumption and depression, the risk of depression decreased faster and the association became significant when the caffeine consumption was above 68mg/day and below 509mg/day.

buy some clen for your poor dad

yes
I like programming but I hate working, not sure what I should do about that

Number 3 where it's not hypnosis and the girl really just doesn't care.

Attached: 1548095114664.jpg (960x936, 61K)

Attached: 1497364710959.jpg (477x425, 25K)

His reasoning is fine, though. People are kept hooked by brief dopamine highs and that's part of the problem.

>don't drink caffeine
>don't use twitter
>don't listen to podcasts
>still depressed

DUDE MATERIALISM LMAO
U
D
E

Attached: 4A425817-222D-48D1-BB0D-E97A4ABDA9A5.gif (300x269, 521K)

The idea that someone is depressed because of twitter or caffeine is inane.

At least you have the ability to think about it.

do you even entitled white girl?

Does the idea (I don't care about the caffeine part) that someone cannot get out of an unrelated depression because of twitter among other things exhausting their reward system seem more reasonable to you?

It doesn't sound idiotic, but it's still a hypothesis supported by wanting it to be true, not a theory or insight.
It's no better than saying that say, people's lives always sucked and we only recently stopped lying to self.

Depression is a serious state that doesn't just happen because someone is bored by not having enough hobbies.
There are plenty of incredibly boring people whose only "hobbies" are TV and beer and vast majority of them are not depressed.

What if you're powerful? Do you fight yourself?

If you think you're powerful you're not powerful

Then you make the weak stronger until you're back to the middle.

That wasn't my point but I don't think I can phrase it better so let's leave it there.

let's all love lain

>new oil rush

cs is so god damn congested because of the indians that you have to be above average and have some creative ideas for companies to hire you nowdays..

> HURR DURR depression rocks, goys!
imagine being this retarded

You may not like it, but breeding is the ultimate point of life.
Feel free to remove yourself from the gene pool.

you've sucessfully passed the goy test, fellow citizen

fucking this
idk why but being able to anhero at anytime is really a great inspiration to live

>The internet was a mistake
the internet is fine, it's what people do with it that is the problem. knowing what is fucking cancer and what is beneficial for yourself is the key yet people waste time on social media and wonder why they're miserable?

It's the difference between life as the ultimate good that everyone must be forced into and life as a choice.
A free, thinking man will never see life as inherently good or breeding as an important goal, but he can still support them after he is allowed to shit on them and prove their pointlessness.

One of the worst things you can do to a society is to convince it that killing self is wrong, weak or dumb. This will ensure that the strongest, smartest, most moral people will consistently be over-represented in suicide statistics.

nope

> ITT people who never had to steal and/or fight for food and medicine

Every fucking time

Wrong. A genetic makeup containing attributes more likely to make one reproduce is the reason organisms reproduce. Genes, don't particularly care if they are replicated to the next generation or not.

story?

Not much to tell user.

Born in a really shitty part of eastern Europe. Parents were educated, but fucked hard by the fall of commietopia. No running water, no reliable food supply, no functioning police, but a working computer stolen from the workplace.

When the school started, we didn't have enough to buy food, so I started stealing. Problem was, other kids were not much better off, so I had to improvise. School authorities were willing to look away, mostly because of my grades and prizes.

Around 5rd grade mother got sick, had to do something without dropping out of school. Did that. Everything is more or less fine now: software engineer job, pretty good living conditions, all that.

Tho I lose my shit every time someone tells me whites are all pretty. Top kek.

Privileged* t9 fucks with me

Your post gave me hopes for something out of "IT" that is not either very dangerous or require another long training to go through

Attached: f6802eb578523b88bcfeca7e641a901e-vains-la-ferme-des-cara-meuh-veut-planter-3-300-arbres.jpg (1260x712, 78K)

I used to drive forklifts in a Volvo warehouse as a student job all the way through college, it's a shit ton of fun. I wouldn't want to do that shit for many many decades though.

The guy's right though, one of the added benefits was that the second you clocked out, you didn't have to think about work until the next day. It's the ideal way of making your job a tool towards doing what you actually love. Find yourself a job like that.

We had one gal that worked an hour of overtime every day for 8 months straight, and would then take 4 months off to go travel the world.

Summary of this is: be happy with small things in life and just don't think much about how happy/unhappy you are overall.
It's great you can do this, but I cannot fathom being like that.
I started to work remotely just because I cannot make myself being like them or around them. All I see is NPCs in them, and how empty they seem on their job.
I plan on starting a business on my own. I think it would be simply the most pleasing way to live for me.