Linux is amazing

I do not understand why everyone uses windows
i just had to debloat my girlfriend's computer because it was running like garbarge debloated it via powershell and it runs way smoothly

>Win 10 is fulled with bloatware that takes up valuable system resources
>300 dollars for a copy of windows
>having windows updates force you to lose valuable work

Normies are just lazy people they
A) do not know about linux( which i think is more the fault of people who make linux distros for not marketing and pushing there software)
B)if they do know about linux most of them acknowledge the improvement in speed and just A E S T H E T I C improvements but are too fucking lazy too switch
C)Seen this arguement "if you support linux you support communism"(Which is not true stallman himself has said that he does not care about weather libre software is sold for money or if people make money from libre software"

Linux on average uses less resources that windows does it run's faster

TL:DR Linux is better windows is for retards

Attached: kbk2fx1wm2b01.png (2518x1024, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-10-pro-for-workstations/dg7gmgf0dw9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Give me a real alternative to MS Office that runs on linux

>A E S T H E T I C
off yourself freetard

If you need MS Office run it on wine otherwise use LibreOffice

Literally if you cannot figure that out you are such a fucking brainlet that you should just stop using a computer

are you mad? too bad because i do not care

Attached: pepe.jpg (399x385, 44K)

Google docs

LibreOffice comes preinstalled on many distros and its better than MS Office because they don't change the UI every few years.

Based and Linuxpilled

>bloat
this is what linux idiots call useful software
of course linux uses less system resources, it doesn't fucking well do anything

I can't believe Wangblows actually uses NTFS. What a garbage fucking joke.

>"well do anything"

i can run all the games and all the software i need you do not have a leg to stand on

and if you need to run in very specific cases windows software that does not work on WINE then there is always virtual machines and dualbooting

LaTeX is what you'd use in a professional environment
unless you're a pajeet

>Office
Quit being a papercuck

daily reminder that if you play games you are a loser wasting your life and you shouldn't be allowed access to a computer anyway
People use Winbloat cause it's meant for lazy consumerist manchildren. Real men use Linux
t. Luke Smith

office online

BASEEDDDDDDDDD

Linux doesn't run HALF my software. Wine gives me half the FPS (provided it even works), and I'm not booting a VM like a retard instead of using the real thing.
Linux as a desktop os is not nearly ready to replace windows. Offer an alternative, yes.

MS Office has worked perfectly under wine since forever. ok, my curry friend.

Truthbomb

(((games))) are not software

>daily reminder that if you play games you are a loser wasting your life
Somewhat ironic coming from a braindead ricer.

They are and I was not talking about them. If I were, then Linux doesn't support MOST of my software.

WPS suite.
The chinks make a nice office clone

Attached: windows_user.png (1186x605, 285K)

Unity is not software

manchild detected installing yourafaggot.deb
sudo yourafaggot

>you are a manchild who needs to get a girlfriend and stop laying vidya get Jow Forums and install linux

Cabbage-brained NEETs

Fine then get your assraped by the NSA and enjoy your viruses fag

Low-effort schizoid response

>I do not understand why everyone uses windows

...it runs out of the box without problems!

Attached: big-lebowski.jpg (329x472, 25K)

What software does not work anyway i have alternatives to most of the software

steam runs with proton fine for vidya even though i do not play vidya

GIMP for photoshop
Inkscape for illustrator
FL Studio runs fine on WINE
RawTherapee for lightroom
Photoshop Runs fine on wine
MS Office runs fine on wine
Most steam games work with steams windows emulator proton

What software are you talking about i have been using linux for a year and have run into almost no problems running software and the problems i have run into have been solved by a VM

as i said

>Lazy

im running a virtual machine with cracked windows 10 ltsb for this purpose only.

You're just offering me shitty alternatives or a still crappy workaround. I mainly want visual studio, edge, autocad, Sony vegas, and outlook. And some games that I've tried and don't work in wine.
Mind you that software to the letter, running natively. I am not wasting time needlessly learning and getting used to different software.

>even though i do not play vidya
Yeah, it shows. Otherwise you'd know that Proton struggles with many not yet supported titles.
>GIMP for photoshop
GIMP is not a proper replacement for Photoshop. Good thing you mentioned running it via Wine, because that's the only acceptable workaround.

I do not understand why everyone who uses linux is a literal shill. Why can't these theoretical people just use linux instead of making up stories to shill it. What exactly are they missing from their personal lives that shilling linux is a coping mechanism for.

Oh really GIMP is not a viable replacement for photoshop lmao i use it daliy

i did not mention my job i am a freelance graphics designer although you do not really need to know that

i use GIMP daily although it was difficult to get into GIMP's workflow at first I riced it to look like photoshop ;) and my clients are not any the wiser

I know this might sound shocking to you, but
People making Linux bait threads != entire Linux community

>Lazy

If you do not want to learn new software that shows your lazy ;) which i mean i stated as such in my OP

MS Office online

All of the software you listed either runs on wine or has an alternative

also did you just state that you want to use Microsoft Edge as a browser

LMAOOOO

Attached: pepe.jpg (258x245, 12K)

T. posted from a rig getting 1/10 the network performance it would on linux

I totally believe you. You made me realize GIMP's superiority. Especially the part, where you couldn't get yourself to lie about GIMP's shitty workflow, made me realize how wrong I was.

Microsoft Edge has to be the shittiest browser that has ever existed outlook is straight up spyware

Your completely fucking stupid

Here's a novel idea.... Learn how to configure your shit properly. The only game I can't get to run fine on Linux is the Borderlands OG remaster for whatever reason. And that will run as well once people figure out how to configure it right.

Do not bother with him the guy is a total retard who uses microsoft edge and outlook he is just too godamn lazy to configure anything

OR you can use an OS that suits your needs and works ootb.

you're just using bad software written for a bad operating system honestly
clinging to bad software as if "learning" something new was that difficult is just sign of a brain dead consumer

>lazy
Okay I'll just forward you my bill. I estimate it'll take me 150 hours per program, 20 euro per hour. That's about 5000 euros worth of my time total you can pay me to learn your amateurware.
Not interested in crappy workarounds.
It's what I use and if Linux doesn't support it, sad story.
Not interested in deliberately breaking my setup. Wine developers' responsibility to make shit work OOTB for me.

Your hopeless completely braindead consumerist sheep

nobody owes you anything you are not entitled to anything in life it is the wine devs responsibility to make anything for you

your an entitled braindead sheep consumer

People like you are the reason the world is in so much shit

you feel entitled to everything instead of learning how to do stuff yourself

nobody is forcing you too switch from your braindead bloated piece of shit spyware operating system and you are not entitled to anything

I value my freedom and i accept the responsibilites that come with that freedom

you are a faggot who likes having everything spoonfeed to you and feel you are entitled to everything

the world owes you nothing

No deal. I win. So don't shill me setup-breaking amateurware if you can't put your money where your mouth is.
If a developer makes something, he is obliged to support it. If not, he can fade into obscurity for all I care.
I'm not changing my setup because some hair brained high schooler said so. Windows has official support (free of charge) for everything I ask, it's your crappy foot fungus apps that add a layer of bloat that are the problem.
Keep using a free of charge OS, no problem don't tell me to switch unless you actually have a worthwhile offer. Cretin.

That's peak level autism. Have a (You).

Cool story bro

all true, but you sound kind of like an autistic 13-year-old anyway.

Call me an autist it is fine but you know i am not wrong so that is where it matters everything else is irrelevant

But you are wrong, Linux is a tool, a wonder if software engineering, being abused by lonely NEETs and misadvertised as a "hacker's OS". As if configuration is not only encouraged, but necessary for some full experience. For shame.

>google
>botnet

try again

good with your botnet

One (1) fucking game doesn't work on Linux via proton yet otherwise id 100% switch. Game is assetto corsa btw

Why would the alternative need to be botnet free?

>debloated it via powershell and it runs way smoothly
Exactly. Just one powershell script turns it into the greatest desktop operating system as it always has been. Meanwhile, loonex not only gives inferior browsing speed, it also cannot render browser videos on the GPU leading to battery wastage and increased heat.

>The Virgin Windows Peasant
>The Chad Gnu+Linux User
you forgot the Cosmic Overmind BSD Codemaster.

Attached: Greg Lehey.jpg (2048x1536, 802K)

>300 dollars for a copy of windows
holy shit it's true
microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-10-pro-for-workstations/dg7gmgf0dw9s

u certainly mad.
I guess enjoy being stuck with the same single desktop theme for years.

for what purpose?
LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Calligra Suite

based

t. retard who doesn't understand programming or the concept of an efficiently or inefficiently written program

>switch to Linux
>all Linux users do us argue about which desktop environment is better than others and rice their desktop

Attached: hahsuke.jpg (407x430, 24K)

>switch back to Windows
>argue about video games instead

it's an ethical question, you're still helping the Windows megacorporation to grow no matter how "custom" your win copy is, or how "illegal" and cracked it is. They don't care about tinkerers and crack makers for a good reason - as long as their proprietary closed source product is being installed, they can tolerate anything, anyone.

more like gossiping with office coworkers about Bob's second marriage

>So don't shill me
>don't tell me to switch
I don't think anyone even wants you to switch. You can keep eating shit, just don't breath towards the cool people. Also a daily reminder that you will never be in a position to make any demands, ever. Nobody cares about your opinion. Especially not the Wine developers. They don't benefit anything from your usage anyway.

>Photoshop/painter
Quit being a drawcuck
>Autodesk suite
Quit being an architecturecuck
>Visual Studio
Quit developing real sofware
>Games
Quit being a manchild
>Vegas/Premier/AE
Quit being a kinocuck
>official drivers
Quit being a comsumercuck
>thumbnail file picker
Quit being a shitpostercuck

I like Linux but after using Emacs and knowing I can use it even on Windows, I don't care what I use if I can install Emacs.

>stop doing anything so Linux can actually be considered useful
This is why nobody takes Linux seriously

Get-appxpackage | remove-appxpackage is not a complete debloat, it's just a start.

LibreOffice. Although, I use alternatives to that now.
>Writing
LaTeX, if I need a pdf. Otherwise I just use vim (or org-mode) for notes.
>Spreadsheet
CSV files + perl

It might be but it's 100% unquestionably correct and I'm willing to put my support behind what he said. I get frustrated sometimes when software doesn't do what I want it to do. Do I blame the people that developed it? Yes, but only in cases when I spent money to pay for that software. Free/open source software I always use with the expectation that it's up to me to get it to work how I want it to work. I don't know how to code so I can't always modify it to do what I want. I am becoming more computer literate as a result of this though. I modified one simple python program recently to make it do exactly what I want as opposed to what the original coder had it doing. I learned to write scripts that feed things to command line programs I frequently use to cut down on typing and simplify the commands I use. The result is a better experience than I could get from anything else, simply because the kid gloves are off and the devs of the software I use trust me not to be too retarded to use the command line.

tl;dr

Attached: 1551035144705.jpg (720x724, 29K)

>captcha cucking to make a shitty frog post because you thought it would hurt my feelings
Nice try, fag

If you aren't using Linux at this point you're either 100% tech illiterate or a complete retard. Linux is so fucking easy to use now. I started with Debian around 2000 and ran Sawfish WM for a long time. It was a bitch to use I switched to an SGI O2 for my *nix needs. Now I run Devuan with KDE Plasma and it's the comfiest shit in the world. KDE connect is pretty great for sharing files and notifications between my phone, laptop, and workstation.

>Chad user
>using antivirus

Nah.

>MS office alternative

people use Windows because their software runs on Windows and their hardware only has drivers for Windows
if their shit ran under Linux no-worries, you'd maybe have a chance to convert people

like, I use Linux because most of the shit I run is multi-platform and because it actually does work on my hardware
the biggest exception to things working under Linux for me would be games, but I mostly emulate -- playing PS1 games on my computer is the same under Windows as under Linux
my DAW of choice, my browser, my image editor, the emulators I use, my office suite, etc all run on all three major operating systems

ultimately though, random people just want MS Office, Photoshop, and all their games to work
computers exist for convenience, so people take the easy option, whether it be supporting legacy systems and solutions (like Windows, which has outlived many a competitor by virtue of the hardware and software support it has accumulated, rather than due to any actual quality advantages) or just shelling out cash to fix their problem

>nobody owes you anything you are not entitled to anything in life it is the wine devs responsibility to make anything for you
there's little reason to not just pay up for software from a vendor who will make it their responsibility then
this is a real issue FOSS faces and may always face

that being said, that guy is the smoothest brained retard motherfucker I've seen on Jow Forums all day

>there's little reason to not just pay up for software from a vendor who will make it their responsibility then
Because 9 times out of 10 it either doesn't exist or it doesn't do the job I need it to do better than the free software does. I can name only one task I do frequently that I truly need a proprietary paid program for because the free alternatives suck. I use a crack for it because it's too fucking expensive.

both OSs have gotten way better in the past year. Linux has obviously been getting better windows application support but windows isn't terrible to use anymore with LTSB and WSL.

WPS

>but still butthurt enough to reply

uhhh because this is Jow Forums ??? and it seems that you like to being fucked by a chink botnet

Contrary to popular opinion replying doesn't mean you're butthurt. It just means you're a loser who has nothing better to do than type inane comments nobody cares about. I'm proud to welcome you to that club. Once you're in it you never get out, have fun bitch.

>not using alternatives

try again retard

Attached: 1530638292490_u18chan.png (382x260, 76K)

>gimp
>freelance

yep i get it now
(get a real job now user)

Attached: 1555172171611.png (645x773, 11K)

>filename

Attached: bald retard.jpg (5000x5000, 928K)

Linux is for commies
>everything is free and open source
>everything you collab to the linux kernel is from everyone for everyone
>"what's mine is yours" bullshit

windows is for chad right wing capitalists

I'd argue it's more Chad for me to use something a bunch of nerds made for free without paying for it or contributing to it in any meaningful way than to pay for a product that spies on what I'm doing and potentially makes money off me. But you do you. Pay up, cuck.

>mutual benefit is hippie communism

Attached: 2acdffd546a07c1aadbad6801bb8c73d854114998619c0f7dab825f5a64b3d87.jpg (255x217, 15K)

>...it runs out of the box without problems!

OH REALLY THEN! ...Why do I have to install a shit ton of drivers for it to FUCKING work?! The Linux kernel provides tons of support for drivers built in, so I don't need to install them. Go back to what ever cave you crawled out of you braindead mongoloid.

>limiting yourself to only using one Windows Store app
Lmaoing@ur life senpai

>quit using your computer
Well once I don't need my computer for anything Linux will seem like a good choice user

But the other user uses Windows for MS Office. I don't think he really cares about botnets.