Do you know why BIOS's setting of virtualization technology is now always disabled...

Do you know why BIOS's setting of virtualization technology is now always disabled? Because running a virtual machine is The best way to make yourself anonymous (again). Something a lot of big companies on the internet don't want you to do.
So, you know make yourself anonymous as possible and general VM-thread I guess.

Attached: 5x3YW.png (640x359, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Pill_(software)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit#Hypervisor_level
safaripixel.de
youtube.com/watch?v=pvjSNoGL1-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

No dude, they wanna ban virtualization so you can't be anonymous anymore.

explain how

Attached: hiddencat.jpg (276x183, 8K)

how do virtual machinese make you safer?
i remember reading running a virtual machine on ur pc would expose you faster?!

Not all chipsets support virtualization (think really old stuff) and since everything is made with backwards compatibility in mind, hardware assisted virtualization is turned off by default.

Best client for managing vms on Android?
This one is sort of shit

Attached: Screenshot_20190425-144343_Aprox - A Proxmox VE Client.jpg (1080x3288, 291K)

running on 32 bit is less safe tard?

Zoom Zoom

Because it can be exploited to flip your OS into a VM and run undetectable malware outside of that.

>BIOS's setting of virtualization technology is now always disabled?
>Because running a virtual machine is The best way to make yourself anonymous (again)
>and general VM-thread I guess.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (947x1024, 131K)

no.. explain how exactly does virtualization makes you anonymous

Back in the good ol' days all that stuff was easily accessible and changeable (e.g. BIOS, POST, MBR's Command Prompts etc) but, no joke, women thought it was too "scary". So now it's a splash screen until you get to a DE with a night picture of a grassy field or some shit.
Long story short: tards ruin everything and just be thankful that they still let get at BIOS and you have a +100 i.q. and can change it.

not the other brainlet poster but you earned this

Attached: 1519426812780.jpg (645x729, 26K)

It's off by default because it'd be pathetically easy for a know nothing normalfag to visit a site with malicious JS that installs a hypervisor and makes it so they have full control over the normie's computer.

>Do you know why BIOS's setting of virtualization technology is now always disabled? Because running a virtual machine is The best way to make yourself anonymous (again). Something a lot of big companies on the internet don't want you to do.
No, it's because there's Windows malware out there that moves the OS into a VM and hijacks control of the physical device. It's called a blue pill attack.

so you cant explain your own original assertion?

Hahahahaha that's beautiful

Attached: smoking_phone.jpg (1050x591, 96K)

Haha don't be weird.

>women ruined my coputer

Attached: 1515616087272.jpg (716x716, 110K)

Think about it, every single "kicked out of the coffee shop for using Linux on my Thinkpad" story involves a woman as the shrieking normie who got scared. That's not a coincidence.

>this whole post
no. there's certain malware that can escape a VM and infect a host machine, witch is why you usually find virtualization under the 'security' tab in most BIOS. also the best way to be anonymous is to not use your own computer.

It's a useless security risk when you don't actually use it.

Of course it isn't a coincidence, the people who make up these stories are all incels.

There are people out there who cannot sit still for a few seconds on the GRUB screen and wait for the auto-selected choice to boot. They instead interrupt the auto sequence and then complain how it "doesn't work".

can someone actually explain what it is, and how t is a security threat

or is everyone just guessing?

see Read
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Pill_(software)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit#Hypervisor_level

Attached: __toramaru_shou_touhou_drawn_by_gorujitai__ffbde03986d21b6079b6f5ae259348fe.jpg (400x591, 169K)

lol, there are such stories?

>They instead interrupt the auto sequence and then complain how it "doesn't work".
>implying pressing enter can corrupt bootloader
hahaha

However these people are brainlets, if you want a faster boot you can configure grub to timeout 0 and still be able to bring menu if needed
RTFM

>using a bootloader at all if you want fast boot times
Why? You just need to load the kernel into memory.

to be able just swap disk into another machine and boot your os without hassle.

I gess you are reffering to loading kernel by UEFI

Windows 10 won't boot with VT-d enabled on some older platforms. They say it's an issue with the chipset on a legacy BIOS but I am certain its because the older VT-d implementations cannot bass a modern security check.
I could boot with all me features enabled on the 2015 LTSB release.

Thanks, faggot researchers, for showing the entire world Spectre and Meltdown when nobody was using them, and causing a shitstorm for us all.

Be honest how often do you even do that? Lol
you're already using uefi to boot grub anyways

>when nobody was telling he's using them
fify

That's really sad.

I tried to enable virtualization to run 64 bit system in virtual box but guess what happened. The laptop didn't start after that. I don't remember what exactly happened but I thought I'll never get it to start again, because I couldn't even get back to bios. I took the battery off a couple times and tried to reboot and finally got to BIOS, disabled virtualization, and then it took like 5 minutes to get to GRUB, I don't know what the fuck it was doing. I think the first 2-3 boots were like that and then it started working normally.

What are you talking about?

You're forgetting that the iPhone/iMac ecosystem is a walled garden most popular with white suburban women (the most sheltered group in the history of the world).
Also, it is very likely that anyone born after ~1990 has never used a command line.
Also, millions use Alexa/siri and facebook despite the obvious dangers.
The iPhone is not some incel boogeyman fabrication.

Don't know if I can say any more clearly. The laptop doesn't boot if virtualization is enabled.

Whether you're in a virtual machine or not, all your traffic is going to go through your router, identifying you.

Not real ones.

weird

retard, "virtualization" means "paravirtualization" which on Intel platforms means vt-d and/or vt-x, e.g. kvm
this doesn't mean you can't run a virtual machine, emulation is still a thing

anyways, who else here uses qemu/kvm (fuck off with your front-ends)? any anons got some questions about host networking with them? any anons know some cool shit about some vulnerabilities (fuck off with your emulated floppy drive exploit) or low-level interworkings?

That's not at all how the internet works.

Just run tails
Disable virtualization
Disable hyperthreading too if you are paranoid

And set tor to safest

this is really bad bait, yet here I am replying

Then how can I remain anonymous behind a browser VPN extension?

I know

bro what the fuck is your problem, please unplug and go talk to people outside

Google how a VPN works moron, it has nothing to do with you being on a virtual or real.

Most of time now I just use docker it's much more easy and it's less resources running atop kvm

>when nobody was using them
The NSA was using them

Proof?

Not him but do you really need proof? It's better to just assume that is the case. Nothing matters.

M-x big-dick-mode

I use qemu/kvm. All from the command line. I don't know about exploits, but I've been thinking of running something similar to Qubes but using gentoo.

Hey guys for all the black heads, trolls and cracker do me a favour take them down or mess with them safaripixel.de they also have Facebook etc.

>using stock tor browser

> Do you know why BIOS's setting of virtualization technology is now always disabled? Because running a virtual machine is The best way to make yourself anonymous
No, you faggot. Some software can break because of VT-x enabled, so disabling it is a safe option for manufacturers.
Last time I encountered it was with Far Cry New Dawn crack, it did not work with VT-x.

You sound like a a mactoddler.

What use instead of Tor?

>The best argument against democracy is a chat with the average voter (quote by Winston Churchill)
There is a reason I don't "talk to people outside" on a regular basis

Normies and women especially let their emotions get in the way of everything. They get scared and panic every time they come across something unfamiliar, and yet have zero sympathy for people who struggle socially for the same reason.

you are the average voter idiot

>women
you're almost correct
youtube.com/watch?v=pvjSNoGL1-g