Redpill me on small form factor PC's

I'm tired of lugging around my giant old pc and this looks appealing, but im worried about overheating and lifespan, as well as performance. Has anyone here tried something like this?

Attached: Midi-mini-PC.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCRYOj4DmyxhBVrdvbsUwmAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've got a Dan A4 (v2), thermals are more or less fine, my GPU (RX 570) tops out at around 75c and the CPU (Ryzen 1600 cooled by a Noctua L9A) at the mid 60s, typical idle is in the 30-40s

To be honest i wish i can buy the V4 frame since the aluminum panel dimensions are more or less the same, having that fan under the motherboard area would help cooling a lot.

>redpill me on small form factor PC's

no.

If you get the vented side panels it should be fine

They are based if you know how to use them.
Try to set the cpu and gpu fans so that they take in fresh air outside the case and have one case fan pushing the air out, you will get comparable temps to a regular tower.

do you know how much they can cost?

With the meme options you will have to pay more. There are cheaper alternatives but you will have to spend more on a small power supply that will fit there.

I just finished a Node 202/8700/GTX1070 with out any fans (save for the Noctua NH-L9i and graphics card) what do you want to know?

sounds super cool, what temperatures do you get? how much did it cost you?

also what do you use for storage?

and do you get any power issues? from what i've read the power supplies in these builds aren't enough for some hardware

I have a 500gb nvme drive for now. If I need another one, I'll buy a 1tb M.2 sata drive.

All in all it cost me $800 because I got a deal on the graphics card. 450w power supply was $85 but it's fully modular and gold certified. And if the CPU goes to full 4.2ghz turbo then it hits 90c, but it settles at 75c if it throttles to 3.93ghz so I keep it there. Graphics card hits 85c on full load.

I went with a locked CPU for that reason. I got a relatively expensive PSU but it's 450w (you can spend more and get 600w) and it's gold certified and fully modular so no problems here. Tried to do it right the first time.

pretty nice, seems a bit hot for the graphics card though. could you post pics?

Sorry for the picture quality, I need to get some better photo manipulation software than mspaint. Also, this was before I strapped down all of those free cables.

Attached: croppedguts.jpg (944x716, 305K)

Also, with this case a lot of people put in low profile 120mm fans over the graphics card and a 140mm over the CPU cooler, but I haven't seen a need to yet. Those temps only occur when I run stress tests, in game they hit 60-65.

Zoomer aesthetics meme. Worse thermals, worse to work on, worse parts selection and adaptability, really no fucking point to saving a cubic foot of space on your desk. If you need something portable buy a fucking laptop.

sexy af i like it

"Small form factor PC"?? You mean... a laptop??????

i live in a tiny university dorm and I often drive from there to home, I'm just tired of dragging my fat ass pc everywhere. I have a good laptop for work but I don't want a gaming laptop

no i mean a small desktop pc silly

I like it because it's a completely silent build. No hard drive, no case fans, PSU fan only comes on under load, graphics card doesn't need to work when it's just 1080p web browsing, it's very nice. The CPU, graphics card, and PSU are always open to fresh air so it helps with cooling. And as far as parts selection and adaptability, I could put all of this into an H400i and all I'd need is an ATX power supply adapter.

>it's completely fanless except for the fans
>it's completely silent unless the fans come on

c'mon man its fun to see how much power you can pack in a tiny space

so just hanging out right now and web browsing there is zero sound. it's not until i pull up something like a game that the graphics card comes on, and even then that's barely audible. my last case was a Cooler Master MasterCase Pro5 and that thing had 6 140mm fans and it was always humming along and i hated it.

>Zoomer aesthetics
seething xoomer cant handle cool shit

If done right it won't run significantly hotter then a full tower. But doing that isn't easy. It takes a lot of time making sure the parts you buy fit and air flows well. It will also be a bit louder if that bugs you since the fans need to work harder. I wouldn't expect it to kill parts faster you less you fuck up. Just monitor your temps under sustained load to make sure it cools properly.

are we all on Jow Forums to justify a new pc (or pc part) purchase

Attached: 1545175675123.jpg (750x930, 50K)

my pc hardware is almost eight years old now so I want to upgrade, but then I remember I've only been playing old shit when I'm not working or in school, and nothing new really interests me. So i'm not sure if I want to upgrade or not

I've never ordered parts online, I'm always afraid that they'll break during shipping. I always go to a frys but they're never close to where you live,

i mean i get it i recently been looking at 4K monitors and a new build costing around $600 but i can't seem to pull the trigger.

i still have a laptop with less then 1080p screen that works fine

In case anyone was curious (because I was) temps after 20 minutes of 1080p ultra details

Attached: TempsUnderLoad.jpg (487x765, 140K)

its disgusting, I bought v1 because I thought it will be limited run product, now they are making more of them and making them cheaper and also adding improvements. its a rip off

hate to be a shill but this is hands down the best youtuber when it comes to reviews and tests of sff-pcs:

>youtube.com/channel/UCRYOj4DmyxhBVrdvbsUwmAA

Attached: aussiemanlet.png (1304x757, 843K)

I wouldn't do it. The only real benefit is better portability but then again you don't move every few weeks. The drawbacks are worse thermals, less space for adding stuff and it's a nightmare to work inside those cases. If you still want to do it I unironically advice you to get a blower style card.

open test bench or bust. every connector instantly accessibly. dust is also even less of an issue than for a normal case, just get a spray can of air dusters and youre good

dumb **ddit basedboy consumerism

looks like a bitch to transport though. I'm going between home and my dorm every few weeks

>everything i dont like is reddit