Why is Visual Studio and C# so comfy?

Why is Visual Studio and C# so comfy?

Attached: Microsoft-Visual-Studio-Logo-640x353.jpg (640x353, 32K)

why is the visual studio ide so fucking bloated?

I wish I could use VS2015 or VS2017 for work.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with VS2005, kill me please.

>vs2005 the most based of all editions
>kill me pls

NIGGA I WANT YOUR JOB 2005 VB IS KOMFY

Yes I love 2005 era of applications. Beautiful corporate greys. No emojis.

It's implemented in a language that can into low latency and comes with a decent debugger. Well, most of the time, when it doesn't show the small waiting message.

last version is 2019

because you're scared of programming real computers instead of virtual machines by microsoft.

>I wish I could use VS2015 or VS2017 for work.
No you don't.

I use both 2008 and 2017, and the former fucking FLIES on a modern computer, starts instantly, every menu, setting, debugging, etc is just instant.
It really illustrate just how sad modern software development is, how much fucking performance we are pissing away on bloated garbage.
Just imagine how crazy nice of an experience web browsing would be if everything was programmed according to 2005 standards when run on todays computers.

>old software is faster in my new machine
try using it with a 2008 computer tard

excel is the only comfy program made by microsoft

I miss VS2010 with its no more than 2,4gb
VS2017 runs like shit on everu computer I use and uses LOT of disk space

nice bat

How different is C# now compared to 2013 or 2010? I can still use tutorials from those years to learn C# no?

I don't know but it really is, isn't it?

It's one (two) of those things that Microsoft really put a lot of work into and, if you can get past all the nitpicks, it shows. Using those two tools truly is a joy to me.

VS2019 is a nice improvement, but I still wouldn't put it in my top 5 compilers. It has all of the standard Microsoft problems. Requiring constant restarts to fix inexplicable and unreproducable errors. Hidden global app settings that no one on google has ever heard of that are preventing you from getting a project file into version control. Pop-up text that never disappears. Code completion and recognition is really not on par with competitors, so much so that Resharper is pretty much required.

Got some real nifty debug capabilities, though. Can't fault it there.

That's not 2010.

If you want a text editor there are far better choices than Visual Studio. If you want an IDE then it's all about the integrated features. All modern IDEs take a while to warm up (though, granted, nothing like VS 2017). And all modern IDEs have features that VS2005 couldn't dream of.

So either go full VIM or get a modern IDE, loser. You're not impressing anyone with that rusty clunker of yours.

I wrote a dotnet core app on my Mac using Rider, and compiled a static binary for Windows, Mac and Loonix with three simple commands.

People get a boner for Go, but fuck that punjabi-tier language. C# is the best language in the world. Name a better language. Hint: You can't.

C# is not the same closed thing it was 10 years ago. It's totally open now. Look into it. With blazor you can now also write webapps to wasm using C#.

I can name plenty of better languages out there. C#'s certainly an improvement over Java, but it's still lagging behind the sexy newcomers.

In terms of frameworks, on the other hand, it's hard to beat .net core.

VS's profilers (both pefrormance and memory) pretty great. Saved my ass on leaks and slowdowns a few times.
Also, what would you consider your "top 5"?

Just installed VS2019, what can I expect?

random crashes

You should expect to pirate Resharper or Visual Assist

You know, most of them are made by JetBrains and pretty much all the same thing, not that I think about it.

VS is a mixed bag. The debugger is almost too good. The company I work at is a good example. Everyone writes new code with the debugger, so theres all kinds of oddities and bad habits baked in. Basically you need a debugger to write new code so all new code gets written in a way that you'd need a debugger to understand it.

Why would you WANT to write code without the ability to compile and run with it? I understand that using it as a crutch is bad practice, but blindly arguing against doesn't make sense either.

Any sufficiently large project is either going to eventually require devs to support it or sufficient logging and management instrumentation. Business Intellegence tools aren't cheap either and convincing management to spent money is no easy task.

Attached: 1420177771641.gif (500x334, 982K)

tiny icons for step over/step into/step out in the debugger

>he uses buttons
Wait, what. The first shortcuts in IDEs I usually remember are the debugger ones.

Scala

Its a blatant cheap knock off of Spring MVC.

I use C# with notepad++ and compile using batch files with csc.exe at work. That's max comf

Attached: JPEG_20190424_182559.jpg (3036x4048, 904K)

micro$hills leave.

>Name one better language
Zig

Just fucking use emacs or vim then.

Holy shit I feel bad for you user, hope it gets better soon