/adg/ - App development general

what are you working on?

Attached: 1 kTOVK9nX68CV2xkUwNlGbg.jpg (1242x600, 60K)

pajeet general

Are Java and C still the only viable choices for Android development?

Why you guys hate on react native?

Kotlin is what Android is pushing people towards.

Is it actually any better? Everyone seems to think so, but people used to Java have very low standards.

Flutter is also pretty good, if you like the one way data binding flow.

Java with less boilerplate and better syntax depending on your opinions. It's still fundamentally a JVM language.

I think they are pushing it because of the Oracle lawsuit, better to have a backup, but who knows what will happen with Kotlin if Google wins lawsuit, maybe even nothing.

Why the fuck do 90% of mobileshit jobs in my area Require fucking React Native

When did a JS framework become the top dawg in mobiel app development?

Attached: 97857465.jpg (240x240, 13K)

>When did a JS framework become the top dawg in mobiel app development?
When every two-digit IQ ape learned how to use JS for web dev. SV wants JS to be used for literally all non-systems programming so they can make more use of their hiring pool of easily replaced hipsters instead of having to pay more for actual professionals

Literally everything will revolve around JS in near future.

I'd like to hear Jow Forumsentoomen's opinions around Flutter. anyone actually using it?

why does angular gets no love ;_;

>When did a JS framework become the top dawg in mobiel app development?
It's extremely productive and easy to make an app in it

You can't write apps in Angular tho? It doesnt have a React Native "thing" like React does, I mean you can use Ionic but i heard its a piece of shit, anyway if you want to use JS

t. never heard about nativescript

Well seeing as no job or popular app uses it the n neither did the rest of the world

Flutter. Best framework, other's can't even compete.

Is it really on the level of native apps or is it "native" only in the name?

Is this FLOEEEEEEEEENS general?

Define "native".
If native means it can manipulate every spec/feature/app/addon a device has, then yes

No it's not. But the thing is that we have so fucking much horsepower available these days that it simply doesn't matter. Of course writing actual native apps is better practice and will result in better outcome but JS does it almost as well and is a hundred times easier to use. Also most apps have normal browser apps as well so you can use the same code which means less work.