Riot.im

Absolute state of riot.im

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-26 20-29-30.png (1017x769, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/9547
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/9547

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-26 20-30-23.png (784x210, 18K)

Holy fuck what's wrong with these people?

and im not even a "rude" guy

Attached: 1466733051001.jpg (2000x2000, 974K)

Based an africanpilled

why are stereotypes so often true?

Attached: guy.jpg (371x371, 20K)

ok there is aboslutely no fucking way this guy is real. This MUST be some kind of god tier troll

>Labels
>bug

Söygoy

God I hate technology so fucking much now. 10 years were just the time to everything fall down into the shithole.

>two adults are talking who actually contribute to projects
>the only people against it are childish shitposters who literally had to make a brand new account because they're too afraid to say anything with their normal account or they don't even have one in the first place
cringe

very kickable face

Say again why merritocracy shouldn't be part of FREEDOM software.

that guy has to be joking
I want to break his fucking jaw

t. chinlet

Bullshit euphemism for "GTFO".

Look at their source projects, user.
The first guy is basically a js code monkey who doesn't seem to know what he is doing.
And the second guy just mirrored a bunch of big projects (that he has never contributed to) so that his profile looks impressive.

>thread already locked

still better than being this much of a bitch

Attached: firefox_2019-04-26_13-08-30.png (238x180, 5K)

>empirically we’ve seen people unfamiliar to the app see the word “kick user” and say “wtf? is this like poking them?” rather than extrapolating it to “kick the user out”.
I refuse to believe someone is this dumb.

>Looks harmless and feminine
>It's trying to n get virtue signal points among the ladies who will never date someone this mentally weak
You can tell he is filled with Soí. He desperately needs some Zinc.

>He fucking locked the issue.

Attached: adfsfsfs.jpg (200x199, 10K)

who cares
even the devs dont use it

>empirically
i'd like to see his source on that

yeah they are just trolling and shitting up the issue, but it's still a retarded change, like trying to stop people from using the master/slave terminology

>Please ladies DATE ME!!!! I am helping you!!!!
And now I understand why females don't date weak men.

>joined Apr 26, 2019

imagine being so dumb as to not realise that that bio exists solely to sandbag against "you're just a troll who made an account to derail this issue"

vector say ara4n saw through it, so clearly you're lacking even compared to him

Attached: 1551717986026.png (712x192, 19K)

No it's his feels over reals and trying hard to change something to be a good boy for his femdom mommy.

user has been kindly asked to leave the channel

honk, honk

Attached: spongebob-opposite-day.png (520x290, 228K)

user declined to leave

hey look, a logitech speaker on github!

Attached: 1541965058223.jpg (949x475, 144K)

What stereotype?
He's not open mouthed and he has full head of hair.

He looks like a tranny.

you look like a tranny

he looks like a fag

you are a tranny

no you

you look like a fag

No that terminology should not be used. Slavery is illegal and immoral in any place that isn't a shithole country. Manager/worker are less offensive terms.
Relax, everyone on Jow Forums is a gay tranny.

It genuinely saddens me to see people like this, who all they do is change a few strings in config files (not exaggerating, look at their commits), be well respected and probably earn more than the average developer in the industry.

Meanwhile ive been studying and wanting to get into the industry ever since i was a kid but because i didn't choose meme languages like js & python ill most likely be making less than blue collar jobs because "no one wants to hire an inexperienced c++ dev".

Attached: asddsd.jpg (550x523, 39K)

That guy is the CEO of the company.

>C++ dev complaining
Try being an experienced Scheme dev

Slave should also stay. Master and slave are clear words for indicating that one of them is calling all the shots and the other one has no say in it. It's a very good and accurate word for tech, even if it isn't appropriate for humans to talk about each other. Workers have unions and benefits and holidays, it's not as accurate here.

I mean, it'd be trivial to change "kick" to "remove" and it's not like that would remove clarity.

>FLOSS

lol, that's what you get for meandering with commies

No. Master/slave is wildly inaccurate for any tech usages because computers cannot own other computers. Manager/worker better communicates the situation where one computer is calling all the shots.

The "free" in FLOSS refers to freedom, as in free market capitalism. Nonfree software is forced communism aka fascism.

Worker is a horribly inaccurate word even if manager would be fine. Workers might suggest changes to their managers or go over their manager's head to manager's manager to complain about something bigger. They are not just blindly following orders without any say in it. A slave has no other option but to do whatever the master orders, which is why there's no better word yet mentioned.

The kind of language has no place in free as in freedom software. Use primary/secondary instead.

Attached: stallman jump.gif (350x258, 1.55M)

I don't know why you're digging into this. Technically slaves can escape and be emancipated too, by your logic that would also make that term inappropriate. But it doesn't matter because if you want to avoid confusing people you should just go by the simplest possible definition of the term and avoid idiomatic usages, which "kick out" absolutely is.

yikes

Why even bother replying? Just lock the issue and move on.

What's wrong with being aggressive when removing someone from the chat?

remind that idiot that the app is called "Riot", which is "needlessly aggressive"

its my right to a safe space

lmao yeah

ralph pls go

Oh no... Matty boy doesn't have any projects. That's just SAD.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 07.37.28.jpg (2880x1426, 242K)

If you want to avoid confusing people you also don't change established standards. The claim that people don't understand what kick means is fairly unbelievable.

he's right you know

if it's that much of a problem then just wrap the string in a i18n translate function

A lot of people who contribute to FOSS have nothing on github. E.g. ffmpeg patches go through a mailing list.

He just goes around opening stupid issues

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 3.41.28 PM.png (268x189, 15K)

yes, i'm aware of that, but this guy in particular has nothing of the sort. i already checked. he's a wannabe.

based

>projects
What the fuck is this shit? Was repositories somehow not enough? fuck

That's the single best thing anyone can do when shit like that comes up. Do not give them an inch. Kill it before it becomes a problem.

anyone can clone a repository and proceed to never do anything with it. number of repositories is the same as number of youtube channels you follow

He doesn't have any projects because he is founder and CEO. All projects are created under the matrix or new vector orgs.

>58% Issues
>A literal fucking basedboy whos feefees got hurt because he got kicked from a channel for being a fucking basedboy
There are no words to describe my feelings towards these "iDeA gUyS".

God, that's so childish. Its a knee-jerk reaction that up until very recently was confined to those user 16 years of age.
But now, its the norm among so-called adults.
God help us.

Holy shit, I wouldn't be able to look at his fucking face.

Pretty much all of the commits and PRs he has are for documentation too

Age is not a grantee for maturity.

>Pretty much all of the commits and PRs he has are for documentation too
JUST

Attached: 2384001290.png (646x746, 63K)

manager/worker dichotomy is racist and should be abolished. the workers should own the means of production!

Nah, people were like that before. The issue may seem bigger because them getting support from the other 0.5% or something who have the same type of childish attitude wasn't likely prior to normies getting into the internet and spending so much time in social networks.

so an ideaboi

forward the comrade/comrade dichotomy!

master/slave had a meaning before there were "masters" and "slaves" in the human sense. you are ignorant of etymology and have a narrow, shallow, view of history

No it isn't. He's right that kick is a shitty term carried from IRC, which I should remind you, no one uses anymore.

Prove it is.

I use it

>no one uses anymore
pleb who's never been to freenode because why would someone like YOU ever go to freenode?

Not any more, its not
The point is, that 1 there were less than them and 3 they didnt have a global voice like they do now which meant that easily, their bullshit was dismissed and forgotten. Not so these days

>no one uses it anymore
Are you that sheltered?

Why are you guys falling for obvious bait?

Attached: images.jpg (279x181, 11K)

I have never seen a communications program, game, or whatever else that didn't use kick and ban. Not a single fucking one. And I know no one not even someone that is clinically brain dead that was or even could be confused by the word kick.
Stop being a basedboy you faggot.

No, I quoted the original meaning, which is a person who is owned as property. That doesn't apply because we're talking about the relationship between computers, and computers can't own property.

>original meaning
kek, have you ever studied mathematics?

They don't have a global voice and they aren't more than they are before.
Back when a village had a village idiot, now we got the internet and all the village idiots have a way to communicate and mob together.
On top of that Jow Forums is a echo chamber just like every other website. You will only ever hear what you want to hear. And someone just doing their job just doesn't peak the same interest as some söyboy that is mentally 3 years old.

No, I don't need your approval.
I also use freenode but most people do not.
Really because I have never used one that did.

Yes, I stand by my statement. There are more sources of knowledge in the world besides your math textbook, which is just as likely to have print errors as anything else.

>Really because I have never used one that did
Oh I want to hear a single fucking one then user. Cause I know of Zero, Null, Niente, Nada.

the point is that the idea itself is an abstract concept, not necessarily applicable any set of operands. it is derived from an ancient greek word, which was then corrupted into latin, further corrupted into high german, and finally old english, before making its way into modern english. i'm too lazy to get the sources for you

Attached: kick.png (241x469, 14K)

The term Nickname is very patriarchal. We have the opportunity to be more gender neutral, like me, so we should do it. End of story. Toodles!

There is one in OP now.

Not sure what that picture is. Looks like some kind of botnet chat program, whose behavior should not be copied.