How long will it be till Nvidia makes Desktop GPUs in pic related form factors?

How long will it be till Nvidia makes Desktop GPUs in pic related form factors?

Attached: [email protected] (1250x660, 153K)

Attached: juden.jpg (1500x1500, 333K)

Reminder that GPUs are the reason traditional desktops are so think.

It's not just the GPUs

Attached: cpucooler-1280-1496174542219-1516305067126_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Undadooted and unapreciated

I guess Nvidia isn't going to take the possibilities too seriously until AMD makes a more Power efficient Graphics cards then theirs.

Use an AIO instead. Also, the Noctua u9s can sufficiently cool 120W as long as you don't choke the airflow. There's not even really a need for such massive heatsinks in most cases yet 120mm fitting heatsinks that are over 155mm tall are the most typical heatsinks. Why? Most mainstream CPUs are under 95W and have been for ages.

Where is the VRAM? How do you get enough cooling on it?

Congrats. You've moved the bulky radiator from on top of the motherboard to the side of the case. It's still as big.

It's a lot slimmer, just taller. Most cases still need length because of how large motherboards are, not to mention PSUs need to go somewhere too. So you could turn the typical 8-9" case into 5-6" case

HBM2 VRAM colored in pink.

Attached: VRAM.jpg (500x400, 143K)

You can also get slim air coolers with heat pipes carrying the heat to wherever they put the radiator.

Like what

never because they use weird mezzanine connectors that aren't on PCs?

>AIO
and then the chink pump breaks

M.2 connectors didn't used to be in PCs but they are now

Air cooler? Then the chink heat pipe dries up.
Custom loop? Then the chink fittings wear out.
You're ultimately fucked either way.

Air cooler is by far the most durable of the three.

x86 PCs don't have NVlink on die

how long until tesla starts making gpus cus nvidia is lazy

AIOs use even worse chink fittings and they're the most common points of leakage. Really as long as you don't use swivel/rotary fittings a custom loop would probably be pretty safe desu. Maybe put some wax down.

Indeed. This is why I put a massive NH-D15 in my PC and not a liquid cooling solution. Custom loops are nice for tinkering but I want my daily driver to be rock solid and not require regular maintenance apart from hoovering out the dust now and then.

>cheap chink fan breaks
>PC fries because your cheap chink motherboard's thermal runaway protection doesn't work correctly and lets it go past the max temp anyway

About 4 days, maybe more

Custom loops also have a much higher thermal capacity than any AIO or heatsink. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the lowest temps with a 65W ryzen and 150W 1080 but you'll have good temps with a 300W intel housefire and 350W VII nuclear reactor when every other option would fail. And you typically need to performance maintenance on a custom loop because of the GAYMUR fluids people use aren't meant for long term use, they're basically just de-ionized water with a tiny amount of additives. You can make your own coolant mix with commercial coolants that will last years with no problem like it does in AIOs, or your car for that matter.

>about 4 days
Geforce 900 series: September 18, 2014
Geforce 10 series: May 27, 2016
Geforce 20 series: September 20, 2018
Geforce 16 series: February 22, 2019
Next-Gen Geforce series: May 29, 2020 or February 26, 2021?

I am waiting for the next generation of upgrades to the 1050 ti for PCI-e only powered low profile cards. Future larger cards requiring more cooling, more power, etc I can do without.

Attached: LP 1050ti.jpg (500x345, 32K)

we could literally be having cute M.2 GPUs using PCIE3.0 x4 lanes but intel playin