Startups

Why do startups do this?

>No info what they are looking for
>No specifics about my background, highly likely that it is an autogenerated email
>No info about what the company is, requiring me to look them up
>Company website is basically just a video glorifying the CEO as some new steve jobs
>Not any engineering positions in my area at all

How am I supposed to make an informed decision if this is worth my time when I'm given absolutely zero indication what they are looking for?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 23.49.51.png (1438x592, 121K)

>Company website is basically just a video glorifying the CEO as some new steve jobs
lol

you just don't understand the entrepreneurial spirit, man
us entrepreneurs are entrepreneurs and we're thinking like twenty steps ahead, we're thinking like god damn entrepreneurs because we're entrepreneurs that are entrepreneurial

I emailed back and said "sure, i'd like to chat, but could you tell me first what you're looking for" and then suddenly he'd made his assistant set me up for a phone interview. Fuck this, I'm not going to get up early in the middle of the night for this shit (because time difference).

I also got this one from facebook once, where they basically wanted me to fill out a visa form and do their job for them.

Attached: facebook.png (1196x1330, 349K)

>Nice to e-meet you!

Attached: screaming-bob.gif (498x300, 1.98M)

>Nice to e-meet you!

Attached: wtf-a.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

>would you be open to chatting more about what we're building more
Into the trash.

Yeah, I made the mistake of replying. I'm just going to not respond to the phone scheduling email I think.

Shameless self bump

I'll give you an insider tip that is worth millions are you ready user?
Any company describing itself as a startup, priding itself about it's startup culture, going on about who funded it or generally giving 0 information what it actually is they are doing is not worth it no matter how much they offer to pay you.

The website is pretty clear what they do, it's just that he didn't say anything what he was looking from me. From the posted career openings, it appears that all engineering is done in SV while they only needed some admin guy here. I'm not an AI guy either, so I don't know why he lead with that (which is why I suspect it's some form of spam email sent out to a bunch of people that they crawl on linkedin or whatever). I did reply, and they immediatedly wanted to set up a phone interview (but I want to know more).

I think I'm just going to not reply.

Did you respond back with "Do your own job"?

It's definitely a crawler spamming anyone on linkedin and similar that even remotely fits into any position. Be glad you didn't get
>Hey $name! I saw your $site profile! and I think you'd be a perfect fit for our new team as a $role!
I regularly get those, and the only winning move is not to play. Do not reply, or they will continue to write you emails for months trying to recruit you.

No, but I did respond that I wasn't interested in looking for anything right now and ignored the form. I got a response, where she basically just ignored everything I said. Then I made it more clear that I wasn't interested, and she still kept on sending me "reminders to go ahead and schedule your interview". I received one a couple of days ago, even though I haven't responded in months, so I'm fairly sure that she's not actually doing a real job and could easily be replaced by a bot.

Right, thanks for the advice. I'll think a bit ahead before next time. In my defence, I received it late at night and I usually make an effort to reply politely to people because you never know.

its because these texts are pre-generated and they pay student interns to "source" potential candidates. they have a list of stuff to look for, then you go spend hours on linkedin etc to find contact info and copy paste and send these mails.

t. i was a "sourcing intern" for a startup in chicago

I see. At least it seems a bit more honest than a bot, but still. That being said, I have been in contact with startups that have shown genuine interest in me, but they usually have looked up my github and mention personal stuff in the email. So not all are bad.

You don't need to defend yourself everyone makes that mistake but usually only once because of how fucking annoying this shit is. I used to politely refuse at first too but I learned quick that a no just means "yes please send me emails till I filter your emails" to these recruiter guys.

yeah, that makes sense. here's an excerpt of what they paid us to send

side note: these jobs really dont pay well either, my school was paying me the same money. i went to a public school too lol. i guess they can say "yea i worked for a startup" which is why they have an unending supply of these guys

Attached: WINWORD_2019-04-26_18-02-44.png (577x253, 82K)

I see, thanks.

so yeah
i guess what i'm trying to say is don't shoot the messenger. then again, if the startup was a good one they wouldn't have mentioned who's funding them.

Do you by chance know what the failure rate of this was? Or is it much more successful than I think it is?

post the company OP.

write a bot that literally does her job for her and send her that and title the bot (shittyrecruiter'sname).AI