So how do people deal with this shit?

So how do people deal with this shit?
My friends finally pushed me into the smartphone meme, after only using primitive phones until now.
Starting, I picked Android because I heard Apple is le evil corporate one.
Android basic programs are all rooted with (((Google))) products... Google Playstore, Google maps, Google keyboard input, Google everything.
This turd updates whenever and whatever it feels like.
The front camera is on 24/7 as it adjust screen brightness depending if there's sunlight.
Basically every application asks for personal data, location and info gathering feedback.
Most of the apps are literal garbage infested with ads.

Attached: Android-Logo-Image.png (2000x1863, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/
digitalcontentnext.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DCN-Google-Data-Collection-Paper.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>be brainlet
>too stupid to go into settings and uncheck a few tickboxes
kill yourself retard

>friends pushed
because I have no personal free will
>most of the apps
Then don't install those apps.
>front camera is on
citation please

just dont use it haha

Should have gotten iPhone you dumb fuck. This is probably a bait thread though

You can uninstall all of those apps.

Try F-Droid, it's an alternate app store where everything is open source, and all privacy unfriendly apps are blocked.
f-droid.org/

Every day there is apple shills

Attached: 1554677195985.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

Ads can be blocked with adaway and you can block datamining in the settings. But really you shouldn't be using apps from the app store anyway. use fdroid and microg for a less botnetted phone.

I call it the cycle of stopped trying.

Honest developers hate mobile platforms so mobile platforms get bad software and frameworks so honest developers hate mobile platforms so mobile platforms get bad software and frameworks so

This is what happens when you let Google make your operating system for you. They abandon literally everything they ever do.

> The front camera is on 24/7 as it adjust screen brightness depending if there's sunlight.
Imagine being this retarded and thinking there's no other sensors

I don't get it either. iOS and Apple are shitty in their own ways, but Androidfags act like Android is hot shit
>absolutely no privacy as the entire OS is literally a botnet
>still no equivalent to iMessage and FaceTime
>updates stop after 2 years. iPhones get 5 years
>despite turning off updates and notifications, updates and notifications still happen all the time
inb4
"herr derr just root it and install LineageOS"
No fucking normal person is going to do that.

t. computer illiterate

But apple bad.

im sorry but literally what is android. my google phone runs linux.

>linux.
Same problem, different name.

And how is iOS not a botnet?

Install ungoogled LineageOS
I agree, Android is usually AIDS

you know he is a real retard when he confuses a ambient sensor for a camera. a part of me hopes that this is a bait thread.

>iPhones get 5 years
More like
>provides 1 year of updates
>then pushes 4 years of malware killswitches to your iphone and if you don't accept them your apps stop working because the security updates are held hostage by the OS updates
>every update slows down your phone by 50% every 2 months compounded with interest
>devices throttle, overheat, bend, lag, and explode and are about as reliable as $20 burner phones but at 50X the price
>you are a child or manchild and treated as such, you will never have system access

Apple does pretty much all of those but instead of asking every time, they asked once in a long ass fuck EULA when you first activate the phone. Also, it uses a light sensor and not the front facing camera to adjust the brightness.

>Apple harvests just as much data
>whatsapp, upcoming Chat and google duo
>the difference is that your phone isnt bricked when the updates stop, you just dont get any more features. Also, Android phones are typically much, MUCH cheaper to upgrade to a newer device than iphones so its a moot point. I'm running a Galaxy s6 just fine as my backup device.
>do you want updates or not faggot? If you're talking about app updates, you can control all of that in the play store, which you cannot do on iphones

>So how do people deal with this shit?
Either your friends are normoids, they don't care about the quality of their phones, or they've altered and optimized things on their own.
>My friends finally pushed me into the smartphone meme, after only using primitive phones until now.
That's your fault for letting literal peer pressure take over, like a teenage.
>Starting, I picked Android because I heard Apple is le evil corporate one.
Apple's OK, especially when compared to Google. Jow Forums's just retarded.
>Android basic programs are all rooted with (((Google))) products... Google Playstore, Google maps, Google keyboard input, Google everything.
Yes. You can also take the time to de-Google everything if you're willing to put in the work.
>This turd updates whenever and whatever it feels like.
Good. It's good to always be using the latest version of software.
>The front camera is on 24/7 as it adjust screen brightness depending if there's sunlight.
That's not the front-facing camera. That's an entirely separate component: the ambient light sensor.
>Basically every application asks for personal data, location and info gathering feedback.
Only legitimate downside.
>Most of the apps are literal garbage infested with ads.
OK, two downsides.

Basically, this whole post reeks of lurkmoar.

>iPhones get 5 years
*6 now.

>whatsapp,
Owned by Facebook.
>upcoming Chat
Taking fucking forever to implement. Also created by Google and not encrypted.
>and google duo
Owned by Google.

Try again.

>>despite turning off updates and notifications, updates and notifications still happen all the time
Actually no. I turned off all updates years ago and I'm still stuck in 2014 technologically. You're thinking of Windows, which actually does update things despite the user "disabling" updates.

If you're normalfag with cash get an iphone. Both android and ios are shit, but ios seems to spy a very small bit less. If you're tech savvy, get an android and make it spy less. If you're a thinking person, don't get a spyphone at all.

>>Apple harvests just as much data
100% untrue. Google literally logs every keystroke you do. Logs every website you go to. Logs who you're contacting. Then they take this info and sell it to anyone who wants it.
There's little evidence Apple is harvesting data to this extend, and even if they are, they certainly aren't selling it.
With Apple, the iPhone is the product.
With Google, you're the product.

Should be pretty clear given Google directly makes $0 on the vast majority of Android phone sales.

There was a study made some months ago that looked at this in depth. Apple phones do send much less data less frequently than android phones do. But it's still at like 10 minute intervals and it's was measured in KB/hour. It's alarming either way. Note, this is before you take into account applications farming data for some third party. There's other shit like fingerprinting that we need a study about, as well.

Google doesn't really "sell" your data, they keep it for their targeted advertisement shit, or give it for free to the government. Apple, on the other hand is much more likely to sell the data, considering they aren't selling adverts themselves. Apple is a marginally better choice if you're low-effort. Both are shit.

>Google doesn't really "sell" your data, they keep it for their targeted advertisement shit,
Which is the same as selling it. On my Galaxy S6 if I search for "bath mats" on Amazon, all of a sudden I'm bombarded with bath mat ads on every website.
>Apple, on the other hand is much more likely to sell the data
I've never heard a single thing about this. Apple wears their hardline privacy policies on their sleeves.

>I've never heard a single thing about this
That would be ideal for Apple, what with their virtue signaling about bigots and privacy nowadays. They have to be "in" in some way. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It wasn't long ago that Google dumped their 'Don't be evil' motto, and they've been evil for a while now. You don't hear about the hundreds of other small companies that exist exclusively to harvest data to then sell it. No one was informed about such data going to the government, either.

>Apple wears their hardline privacy policies on their sleeves.
Do iToddlers actually believe this just because they said so?

Attached: chadandbetalaughing.jpg (600x532, 40K)

>That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Now you're just speculating. Between leaks and whistleblowers this info would have come out. It's insane to say, but Apple is the company most concerned with protecting your privacy and data usage. And Google is the worst at this.

muh conspiracy faggots

Jow Forums is that way ->

>Do iToddlers actually believe this just because they said so?
Are you really implying that Google is better than Apple when it comes to privacy?
Apple is shit for a lot of reasons, but there's no evidence that they're selling your data en masse like Google. And iMessage is the most secure texting app.

Everything about this whole ordeal is "just speculation". Until the law is changed to regulate, or better yet, capitally punish data mining, no one will really know what happens to all that shit your phone sends at regular intervals.
>Apple is the company most concerned with protecting your privacy and data usage.
You would indeed be insane to believe this. Just because their products are expensive fashion statements disguised as computing devices doesn't mean they're looking out for you. I'm sure they would charge extra for that if they did.
>Google is the worst at this.
You are probably right if you're comparing private companies. I think the winner overall would be the NSA, though. We're talking about Apple, though, and they're only slightly better.

>>proprietary shit is secure
>profit motivated corporation
>software has never been audited
>no incentives or competition
>customers will believe anything
yeah, i'm sure it's totally secure.

>Everything about this whole ordeal is "just speculation".
No it's not. Google literally takes your data and sells it (or utilizes it in it's ad distribution network). They have also said that they would hand over your data if the gov't asks for it while Apple said they wouldn't.
It's sad that you love Android so much that you're defending fucking Google on this.
>You would indeed be insane to believe this.
Ok, then which company is more conscious of data privacy? Google? Facebook? Microsoft? Netflix? Apple is the winner, even if it is by default.
>I think the winner overall would be the NSA, though.
That's a gov't agency you stupid fucking retard. They're not selling you a product like Apple and Google are.

>yeah, i'm sure it's totally secure.
More secure than Google. Even the most hardcore Android fanboys admit that.
But of course this is Jow Forums which is probably the most reddit-tier board on Jow Forums.

>More secure than Google
good luck proving that, seeing as how apple refuses every request to audit. i'm not an android fanboy either, i don't even own a cuckphone. i'm not about to pay a fucking jew money to spy on me, sell my info, and allow the government to track my movements and call history. i might consider using osx if they allowed even a single audit, but until they do it's out of the question.

I found it. digitalcontentnext.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DCN-Google-Data-Collection-Paper.pdf
>No it's not.
Show me. I'm sure you've got everything: exactly what data goes to what data center, how it's processed, where it's used, shadow profiles, the works. I'm sure you can also prove that their closed source software is all clean.
>Apple said they wouldn't
Key word is said. I say you're a faggot.
>It's sad that you love Android so much that you're defending fucking Google on this.
You're becoming incredibly defensive, even accusing me personally for something that you'd know is wrong if you read my previous posts. Before you speculate further: I don't own a smartphone. I never have. I've a flip phone from 2008.
>Ok, then which company is more conscious of data privacy?
>Apple is the winner, even if it is by default.
Let's turn this around so you can get it into your head: Apple is the best, most privacy conscious among the worst. But that doesn't mean shit, because a ton of data still leaks from their phones and to pretend they care about your privacy is stupid. They merely care about their now declining image. If they truly cared, they'd start by open sourcing everything.
>More secure than Google
I'm sure you've got something concrete to read about this, too.

>Basically every application asks for personal data, location and info gathering feedback
Install F-Droid. The applications there are much better than the ones on the Play Store, and they are free software.

De-bloating and de-botnetting android is such a ridiculous timesink, just get your old phone back.

>front camera is on
That sounds interesting
>as it adjust screen brightness
Shit bait

>Are you really implying that Google is better than Apple when it comes to privacy?
No, I'm saying that owning either of them and pretending you care about your privacy is a joke.
iPhones phone home every 10 minutes. It is a fact that iOS is spyware.

-> /pol ->

>absolutely no privacy as the entire OS is literally a botnet
Just like iOS except iOS is worse because botnet can't be removed.
>iMessage and FaceTime
Nobody cares.
>updates stop after 2 years. iPhones get 5 years
No normie cares about this. Those who do will install LineageOS or GSI.
>despite turning off updates and notifications, updates and notifications still happen all the time
False.

>Apple wears their hardline privacy policies on their sleeves.
That's just their fucking propaganda and you're dumb enough to fall for. Guess what, Google also says "we don't sell your data" just like Apple does.

>The front camera is on 24/7 as it adjust screen brightness depending if there's sunlight.
It uses a special sensor for that, retard.

>My friends finally pushed me into the smartphone meme, after only using primitive phones until now.
Your bait is primitive, just like you.

Attached: 1556035193270.jpg (580x475, 56K)