Why there are no more games with as revolutionary graphics like Crysis in 2007?

why there are no more games with as revolutionary graphics like Crysis in 2007?

Attached: 22hz8bxsh4h21.jpg (1122x1175, 373K)

Because it didn't have lootboxes

because back then games were made by lvl 30+ autistic wizards as sandboxes which showed off the capabilities of the hardware and software (game engine) and pushed it forward, while nowadays with all the little dumb kids w gaming seats playing videogames, they exist only as a way to make most money with a cashgrab either w lootboxes or cosmetics for normie "gamers" on twitch to buy in.

Because consoles, mobile, women, minorities, lootboxes, children.

I know this isn't /v/ but Crysis is not a fun game.
The graphics are technically solid, but again the art style couldn't be more boring, luckily the industry has realised that shit like pic related is far more beautiful.

Attached: ss_fba6762a846f9d79ade2f008514e2e4cea16d0a4.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 439K)

Games weren't as accessible so they had to create some good shit to sell

Attached: 1545531939892.png (1000x2000, 494K)

It's okay up until the AYY LMAO's show up. Throwing gooks off a cliff and attaching a scope to a shotgun never gets old.

disasterpeace made some nice tunes for it as well.

Because graphics aren't a political statement.

The incremental improvements got too incremental and then people realized they could just make games look good instead of look impressive.

After a certain amount of time the problem got so complex that it was too much work.

Because it's a heaping fuckload of effort that doesn't make money. The Crysis games were all very technically impressive, but the entire series was a huge commercial failure (including the console versions) and Crytek was constantly dealing with financial struggles.

There isn't a whole lot of money by selling GUDGRFX. There is a lot of money and gaming people's heads for microtransaction $$$.

Attached: 1372567183706.gif (450x234, 1000K)

>Throwing gooks off a cliff and attaching a scope to a shotgun never gets old.

This guy has figured it out. Also, blasting the shit out of turtles, chickens, and anything else that moves is a load of fun.

Most people have shit computers, but expect their games to play on ultra settings, 8K resolution at 300fps. If not the internet fills up with pussies complaining the game is shit and unoptimised. They give it a bad rating and go for the refund. Why would any developer put the effort into a high end graphical game? It almost always end up being a financial suicide. You can all blame the game makers but it's all the complaining fucks that caused this. Enjoy all your potato games as a service fuckers.

Does amazing graphics and the optimisation needed for it make more money than loot boxes and "LiVe SeRvIcEs"? What's that no? Well I guess you got your answer.

>i hate everything that isnt a white man grrr
ok Jow Forums

Capitalists got too greedy, happens with every industry.

Star Citizen.

Attached: ScreenShot0368.jpg (2560x1440, 793K)

Looks like absolute shit compared to Crysis. At least try with your bait.

Crisis was a boring game though, but yes my rig could run crysis

He's right though.

The original Crysis looks like shit today. It's not 2007 anymore. SC is the stuff dreams were made of a decade ago. In fact, pretty much any nice looking game today is.

Not ugly, but not impressive.

Game companies have learned how to do more with less (man-hours, not specs). And then throw a bunch of non-optional inefficient blending algorithms on top because marketting told them it would make pretty screenshots.

Crysis shadows still hold up today and their vegetation was literally mind breaking back then. Meanwhile that screenshot shows a game that can't even handle reflections properly and whose lights looks like they escaped from a 2009 AAA game. Have I seen worse? Sure. Have I seen better? Absolutely.

Because releasing a game that won't run well on anyone's machine for at least a few years is a very bad idea from an economic standpoint.

Fucking this. I loved the second half but would rather watch it as a movie. Meanwhile sneaking around in the jungle, assassinating the gooks and exploring shit was fucking awesome.

>And then throw a bunch of non-optional inefficient blending algorithms on top because marketting told them it would make pretty screenshots.
this, no one gives a shit about advancements in engine design when you can just cram some post-processing on top that looks like a blurry mess in the final product

because of smartphones and shit devices

theyre hoarding a lot of memory and components and that means not only gpu price increases but also next gen takes forever because they can rehash current tech (aka they dont need to invest in new machines and processes) since smartphones retards only care about Gs

and in the lighthing and df department its only a matter of time (affordability) for ray tracing and other techniques to deliver a huge leap in realism

Attached: whoa.jpg (500x399, 69K)

Sure it looks nice. But there is no game play and lots of bugs.

you're not getting the right idea there

the focus shifted from quality to money grab attempts

>Chromatic Aberration in video games

who the fuck thought this was a good feature?

Attached: 1553680529423.gif (270x270, 2.43M)

what a super nigger you are