Is C unsafe?

Is C unsafe?

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-184029.png (1080x1920, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/top-5-vulnerable-programming-languages-eab3144d6db7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, C is unsafe and should not be used.
Instead you should be using Rust.

>Is a knife unsafe?
Ofc it is. But the real question is: should you allow retards to touch it? No, you should not. Kids and mentally challenged people should use safety scissors, aka Rust. Real chefs use knifes, big ones I might add.

C is perfectly safe as long as you know what you're doing. The problem is that a lot of people who think they know what they're doing, don't.

>implying all cniles don't make horrible mistakes all the time
Yeah C is like a knife with no handle or guard. It funny that you faggots like to pretend that all the C drawbacks are balanced out by it being a "powerful" language even though you can do everything you can do in C in better languages like Ada or Oberon without having any of C's shit synatx or gotchas.

>1950s cars are perfectly safe. If you have a crash and die due to lack of airbags, you're just a bad driver.

You're unsafe

Who the hell wrote this?

1950s cars don't go as fast as nowadays

I don't get it. If you follow paradigms (that you should be following anyway) its not hard to keep track of. And even if you don't, its not hard to figure it out, shit like valgrind exists for a reason

Irrelevant.

This user is correct. People are blaming the tool instead of themselves for not properly understanding how to use that tool. If I break my knuckles using a wrench, is it because the wrench is faulty? No. The same is applicable to C. If someone fails to check for bugs, that's on them, not the language.

If 1950's cars were way faster, better, and more comfortable than todays cars, yes i would use it. especially when i know that the only ones sharing the is people knowing what the fuck theyre doing

>shit like valgrind exists for a reason
Yeah they exist because C is an awful language.

You are an idiot.

Sauce?

>you need do drive at 200 km/h to die from accidents
They could absolutely reach highway speeds.

>neo-Jow Forums is too retarded to understand why a language like C is needed
The absolute state of this board. Good luck developing for microcontrollers or anything that requires access to arbitrary memory using """safe""" languages. Just use the right tool for the job and stop being such faggots.

Here you go anons. Fuck you OP.
hackernoon.com/top-5-vulnerable-programming-languages-eab3144d6db7

This thread is a meme anyways. There are no (that we know of) real vulnerabilities, only human errors. Literally the only ""vulnerability"" this article makes mention of is buffer overflow, and anyone with half a brain knows how to avoid that.

Attached: op_is_a_flaming_fag.jpg (733x643, 76K)

>C Unsafe
Yes, history has shown that the vast majority of programmers (even highly competent ones) make basic memory errors. These cause real world security issues that have to be patched time and time again.

Why not use a better tool? I think Rust is that tool.

>t.dumb as bricks cnile

>. Just use the right tool for the job and stop being such faggots.
But C is awful. So it's always the wrong tool for the job. It's just that simple.

Tranny spotted

You are still an idiot.

You can't program. It's just that simple.

>People taking bait on some guy's shitty blog spam

>You can't program. It's just that simple.
If you choose to right in programs C. You're less qualified than a web developer.

You can't even write in english, why would I expect you to be able to write c?

first they come for your guns, now they come for your C

I can write programs in C. My university only taught classes in C and C++ outside of the assembly class. I don't like C because it's worthless trash not becuase I can't write programs in it.

C is unsafe but the biggest part of the unsafety is the standard library. Raw pointers aren't that dangerous if you're not a retard. But C's standard library is straight from the pits of hell in terms of security. You can use C, but best to write or use safe string functions etc that come from elsewhere.

>I don't like C because it's worthless trash not becuase I can't write programs in it.
No. Your problem is exactly because you can't write programs with it. It's jealousy. Why don't you buckle down and spend a month's worth of hobbyist hours to write a pdf reader or image viewer? Bugs aren't the problem. Not learning from them is the problem.

>It's jealousy.
Jealousy of what? C doesn't let you do anything more than Ada or Forth or C++ does. Cniles are delusional. You think you're some kind of programming god for using raw pointers.

no, people go will "muh UB" but in reality each compiler has to impliment UB in some way
sometimes it makes total sense, sometimes it doesn't make any sense
just use compile time flags to protect your code, and it's perfectly safe

A properly designed language has legal and illegal programs, it doesn't have some nebulous zone of undefined and unspecified programs which can't be distinguished.

C is as unsafe as a homemade bomb; its only purpose is to cause the most damage possible, but most of the time it'll just blow up in your face

>a simple set of keywords and a "clean coding style" is what makes C good for system programming
What is this pajeet bullshit?

Ctards are so dumb, I can't stand the ones at my uni

but on the other hand, they probably don't know any better, it's sad really

Based and redpilled.
>Ctards are so dumb, I can't stand the ones at my uni
Whats worse is Ctards that are professors. I've had a few.

Jow Forumstard spotted