Electric bikes are technology

I'm wanting to buy one so I can save money on gas going to work.
I really dont want to spend a shit ton of money on one but I want one that's halfway decent that will last 20 miles or so.
any of you anons have experience?
I'm willing to buy a bike off Craigslist and converting it

Attached: 71o3Vg9UENL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

electrik-bike.com/STEALTH-B-52-c-42_43.html
vanmoof.com/en_us/electrified-s2-x2
thedrive.com/opinion/3923/the-ultimate-car-guy-makes-a-dark-confession
amazon.com/dp/B07MHWV278/
youtube.com/watch?v=IIIbdLCVqsg
ride1up.com/product/ghost/?wpam_id=18
youtube.com/watch?v=T1kmGiKTphU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just pedal you fatass.

Just stay out of the bike lane. I'm sick of you motorized vehicle dickheads using the bike lane.

kys, cuckfag

I'm in Central Florida
there is no bike lane

electrik-bike.com/STEALTH-B-52-c-42_43.html

good bike :

vanmoof.com/en_us/electrified-s2-x2

>subscribe to a bike
Holy shit dude. It's like someone made a cocktail of Judaism and $oy.

lol I ride an electric motorcylce in the bike lane in my city. its rad as hell, the Zero FX is a kickass electric bike

I'm sick of you non-motorized fags who can't even 10 km/h. I can do 35 on pedal power only.

> $3400 botnet bike
What the fuck.

I'm so upset that motorcycles like this aren't commonplace.

Attached: 1982_Honda_Express[1].jpg (864x576, 143K)

Just built one for a project, but I bought a motor on amazon, along with a battery for like $500 total. Goes about 30 mph without any pedaling.

I drive on the streets because my 1000W bike is fast enough to out accelerate cars (granted if they floored they'd win but in normal driving conditions I get ahead.)

>1982
sadly there are no similar designs now

What's the cheapest way to e-bike? Build your own I assume. What components?

e-bike conversion kit, lithium ion batteries. there are guides all over youtube

They still sell 150cc scooters or so. They're extremely convenient for communing and such. You should read this article by Matt Farah about the subject (he's some millionaire fat guy who reviews high power cars on Youtube, sort of confesses that he drives a shitty scooter because LA traffic is so bad)

thedrive.com/opinion/3923/the-ultimate-car-guy-makes-a-dark-confession

>Battery
>Motor itself
>ECU (VVVF, whatever)
>Throttle
Thats it

Link us a good one friend

fuck you, search and you'll see it immediately

How many watts should you get?

What are you looking at price wise for a basic conversion?

More watts - more better
More better - more poliz wanting you to ride dangerous 250W25km/h instead of safe 1500W/60km/h

Why should you power the back wheel or front wheel?

15mph at only 1000 dollars! Wow! You can literally buy 3 used mopeds for this price.

Get used parts.

Range = Battery - power consumed.

If you want 100+ miles range on e-bikes, you need big battery capacity and your bike must not consume much power to run.

>amazon.com/dp/B07MHWV278/
youtube.com/watch?v=IIIbdLCVqsg

If you want the expensive variants. If you really wanna DIY, you can buy the $150 front wheel hub kit on ebay/amazon.

Only $400!*

*Battery not included

>$25 a month to rent (and can sell the keys afterward)
Intredasting. I could use this to deliver food with rather than spending at least a thousand outright

Same reason why you want a rear wheel drive car instead of a front wheel drive car. Better traction and handling. But opposed to cars, if you apply throttle mid corner in a fwd ebike you might fall over instead of just understeering like in a fwd car.

My dad got one because he's old and tired of constantly pedalling
I used it a few times, it's pretty cool actually and I'd buy one if I didn't already have a Vespa

ride1up.com/product/ghost/?wpam_id=18

youtube.com/watch?v=T1kmGiKTphU

When you do please don't be a jackass, don't go full throttle near other pedestrians, keep your eyes on the road and if you go on the road follow the law and keep in mind other road users can't tell when you're breaking or turning because you have no signals.
E-bike riders have a bad name because of bad drivers (I've seen two going the opposite side to me on the road in a one way road just this week) but I've also seen good drivers I'm comfortable sharing a sidewalk with (particularly old men who started adopting them), so it's all up to the driver to not be a tremendous dick.
/n/ would probably be a better place to ask about those, since non car transportation is their area of expertise.