Keeps getting slower, buggier, more of a resource hog, and there's nothing you can do about it

Keeps getting slower, buggier, more of a resource hog, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Attached: firefox-logo-huge[1].jpg (1233x1233, 511K)

Literally the opposite for me on desktop and mobile
fuck off chromium shill

>there's nothing you can do about it.
You can always make the switch.

Attached: download_brave.jpg (700x500, 56K)

tell me how to completely remove this and all traces of this sort of faggotry and I won't uninstall Brave. Because I am fuming in anger right now.

Attached: brave.png (1105x811, 70K)

>eats up 7gb of ram with just a couple of tabs open
>actively notice my computer being slower if I leave Firefox open over night, closing out of Firefox and then reopening it fixes this
>there's a rare bug where my computer locks up entirely while I'm navigating pages in Firefox that they still haven't fixed

it's SHIT

PEBKAC
werks on my machine

>Open a twitch stream on FF
>CPU instantly ramps up to default clock speed
>sometimes decides to turbo
>16GB of memory used
>Open a twitch stream in chrome
>CPU able to breathe a little
>doesn't ramp up to full speed
>huge amount of memory used but nowhere near bloatfox
>extensions are worse on chrome
>Open up a twitch stream through streamlink
>CPU stays at near minimum clock speed
>low memory usage
>everything just works
Why are browsers so fucking bloated, bros? Are the days of having 500+ tabs over without 64GB of RAM? How do you sleep at night knowing that a slight breeze could delete those 500+ tabs without you running extensions.

I want to go back.

>lower process content in preferences
>disable cache
>go to about:memory and click minimize memory usage
Does chrome offer these kind of settings? I can get mem usage way lower in firefox if I want. I don't need to though.
And it's no secret streaming with a dedicated media player will be better than swissarmy browsers that need to do a ton of different things.

UNUSED RAM
IS
WASTED RAM

The issue is when u open other things expecting ram to be less full than it is

>twitch

Attached: image.jpg (714x800, 182K)

I can't really avoid it due to my job. Yeah, I don't exactly like the platform or the users but it's a necessary evil in my line of work.
Such a shame that you had to jump the gun and post a shit meme instead of a reasoned response.

works on my machine

>fell for the brave meme

Dissenter.

Fuck you. It's my RAM and I get to choose what to use it for.

I absolutely agree that it is getting much worse, however every problem I have with it is exponential with every other browser.

My wife uses Chrome, so I'm familiar with it, and its performance isn't particularly impressive, and in both memory usage and privacy it is far behind. Every other browser is also behind Firefox in both categories, without offering anything better.

The only exception is GNU-Icecat which is basically a meme that breaks things to the point that I might as well just use TOR.

I haven't felt any loyalty to Firefox in a long time, they keep fucking up, but unfortunately the competition is so cancerous that I'm forced to use their garbage.

I literally can't run Chrome at all on my X60 with 2GB of RAM
Fx just werks

>this is what down syndromites actually believe

sigh, the good old bullshit asymmetry principle, sadly most people don't check facts by themselves so this kind o tactics are fairly effective. If i were you guys at least i would charge for thrash talking smaller competitors because otherwise i'm shooting myself in the foot by damaging even more a market that is already unhealthy thanks to other kinds of foul play.

what about waterfox?

>open source code base
>nothing i can do about it
that's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Quite simply put, the best course of action is to not install Firefox in the first place. Mozilla's deceptive advertising statements that its privacy focused when the opposite is true leads the possibility of being tricked into its installation. Uninstalling Firefox is the proper mitigation technique for speeding up browsing experience and reducing the amount of spyware infecting your system.
Uninstall Firefox.

based

For which fucking job are you forced to watch twitch

>chromedrones

>>eats up 7gb of ram with just a couple of tabs open
not even chrome is this bad, I can have a million Jow Forums tabs and several yt tabs open in multiple different windows in FF and iit uses like 3gb max

I moved away from Firefox in 2012. I am happy I did

I’d fucking blast my head off with a 12 gauge if I had to watch twitch for my job.

Not before shooting my boss first, though. What’s your job?

Firefox sucks but everything else is somehow worse.

The HTML5 render engine bugs up in Firefox within 24 hours, but otherwise I don't really see the same problems that some others claim.

Hot take: All of you guys are drama queens whining about nothing. No, you've never been able to open literally 500+ youtube tabs with all of them playing in any reasonable performance with any hardware on any OS on any browser in any time frame in the entire 15 years you've been alive.

How about one of you make a 15 minute youtube video of you trying to do normal internet things but the browser is cockblocking you? We all know that even with the performance penalty of the capture software you'll be unable to. It's 2019, your browser works fine.

(I'm not talking about privacy stuff, btw, just the technical side of making a competent browser for displaying the things you do)

Firefox is much faster and renders much better than it did just two years ago, if you disagree you're a retard with the memory of a drunk.

Browsers are built to handle a million expectations and the big ones deliver on about a million minus 2 of them. If you're a developer whose job is actually affected by these couple of things, I feel for you, otherwise you should just go back to the 90s and deal with real computer problems, then your pretend CPU usage cause of a website (which must be the browser's fault) problem might seem like the nonissue it is.

Here's a short clip demonstrating part of the HTML5 problem I posted before. This is only part of the problem, there are more like elements disappearing or rendering incorrectly, and it is fixed by refreshing the window (aka re-rendering the entire DOM) but that is beside the point. Just turn it off and back on isn't a solution.

And if you don't know what is happening here, somehow element positions become relative to the browser viewport rather than their position on the page.

Attached: firefox html5 shit.webm (555x433, 2.29M)

This looks like Android being used on a PC.

no matter how good my computer is, firefox always gets slower and chuggier. meanwhile chrome stays stable over time. why is firefox so intensive?

Well it's not.

>pozzillian

cringe

>Shitcolle
So it's true, you faggots really cry while playing that shit.

Attached: konkonkon.jpg (490x447, 129K)

whad site is this

my pc is a decade old, no gpu and its smoth as fuck

what kind of sites you all visit that you are always complaining about this shit?

anyway servo is around the corner, firefox 2.0

Attached: 1556132463739.png (2512x1018, 421K)

At least you recognized it.

>anyway servo is around the corner, firefox 2.0
I thought that's what quantum was? I thought they already switched to servo.
Anyway I can't agree with OP. It's actual better at handling resources than old firefox and they've been making big strides each update.

>Keeps getting faster, stable, less of a resource hog, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Attached: 1552357307541.png (256x256, 30K)

>can't run NoScript

big yikes

t. retard

It works on my water