What is minimum computer for non-excruciating use of an internet?

Turns out all you need is 10 year old laptop with 2GHz 64-bit Intel Dual Core CPU with minimum of SSE2 instructions (cant survive without SSE2).

Intel GPU is fine enough. You wont be needing 3D stuff for anything except games.

These old CPUs did not have turboboost so for maximum comfortness you need 2GHz and should not fall for 1.4GHz UltraLowVoltage meme.

BUT you dont need 2.6GHz either.

EVERYTHING on the internet will simply work but dont convert your own videos with FFMPEG because thats very slow thing to do. Just browse the internet and be happy.

Attached: lenovo-t60-laptops-250x250.jpg (250x250, 19K)

>Battery Life: 7 minutes
No thanks, senpai. I'll stick with my Surface Pro 6.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (711x724, 287K)

do you even need a battery?
just use this thing as a desktop replacement, use wall outlet for power and still preserve electricity compared to 10 year old desktop

Comfortable minimum is my E2-6110 with 4 gigs. If you exclude javascript then a rpi 2 is fine.

I've never had a problem with the 3-4 hours my T420 gets. It's kind of annoying to lug the charger around but basically anywhere you want to work will have a plug for it these days.

while you are not working, but will be soon working again, simply close the lid so laptop screen will shutdown but the laptop itself wont

the LCD screen is the most power hungry component in normal use (CPU gets more power hungry if it is at 100% usage)

Surely you mean "browse gopherholes", the Interweb no longer works on machines with fewer than 4 cores and 4 gigs of RAM

This. Until recently i was using a HP 635 (2011, 2×1.65GHz, 4GB RAM). Websites were laggy as fuck. Highest resolution Youtibe ran relatively smoothly with was 480p.

the main problem is websites, specially the multimedia ones. Jewtel CPUs from the centrino era onwards are enough, but in order to move any website properly you'll need at the very least an intel HD (1st gen core-i IGP). Previous IGPs just won't do it smoothly. If you're lucky you can get a laptop from before 2009 with a powerful enough dGPU, but it's a rare occurrence. Intel IGPs from before the intel core-i era are just not good enough today.
I'd say the absolute oldest lappy you can get today and have a rather decent experience is something like the x201/t410 and similar. And you'll be stuck with SATAII btw, so SSDs will go way slower than a more recent laptop (300mb/s instead of 600)

>stuck with SATA II

this is non-issue, even SATA I is good enough as long as you have SSD and arent using HDD

yuo really dont need SATA III if your all other components are slow anyway

I would say a dual core and at least 1 GB (better 2 GB) of RAM. Internet has become more demanding. Pair with a Linux distro, Windows will be no fun on such a machine.

We are of course talking about basic internet use only. And don't forget that you might run into problems with newer codecs, especially if you have weak integrated graphics chipsets or no acceleration.

My father had a Celeron and FX5200, he used it until 2014, even 480p Youtube shuttered on it. Everything that released before 2005 is practically not usable for internet nowadays.

1.5 Ghz single core
1 GB RAM
for normal use

and gnu/linux with xfce ofc

how the hell you can live with single core though?
everything is much smoother on dual core

with a single core a javascript may get your computer jammed when CPU stucks on an eternal loop

i have an x200 and i've never had a problem browsing the internet. The only slight slowness is twitch, but i don't really go on it much

do you have 2,6GHz CPU

I own a x200t and it works fine on every website I need it for and its a x200t meaning the voltage is low and its c2d

idk what you talk about, maybe don't visit shit pages

Why if I'm not living in absolute poverty?

A Core 2 Duo will choke on 1080p 60fps youtube videos.

A second gen core i3 is the bare fucking minimum.

It's somewhat doable through youtube-viewer but if you're using a C2D laptop then I wouldn't go past 720p60fps

wtf is wrong with 1st gen i7?
quad core.

this would have sliglty worse single core performance than 2nd generation i3

Prestigio SmartBook 141 C2

I like the newer CPUs because it's super easy to underclock them to 800MHz for excessively comfy image board browsing without generating any heat.

what are you even in this thread?