Gaming Laptop general - /glg/

Gaming laptops are the most powerful mobile computers and are some of the most well designed laptops out there. They offer value for power users who don't want to sacrifice performance for mobility.

Featuring: Predator Triton 500
youtube.com/watch?v=F-zWiR2tuvc

Attached: predator.jpg (1500x646, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U-9tUEOFKNU
msi.com/Laptop/support/GT73VR-7RF-Titan-Pro.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is getting a titan gt73vr worth it? They're around 1500 dollars on ebay right now, though Im hoping ge75 raiders reduce in price to around 1500 by the end of the year.

Anyone have the XPS 15 with gtx 1050 ti? hows that for gaming?

I'd say yes, it will be a competent machine for a long time, especially if you don't intend to play the heaviest games in the future. The cpu is pretty much all you can ask for in a laptop and will serve you will in more productive tasks.

Best one coming in.

Portable, thin with good thermals, relatively lightweight, doesn't look gay so you can also use as a work laptop without shame, can use in public, 240hz IPS. What else do you want?

Attached: blade15-ch2-mercury-1.jpg (1500x1000, 158K)

Mmm that makes sense, but If i was going to drop 1500 for a laptop I want it to be a little bit future proof as well. I don't care about ray tracing, but will a 1080 still hold up in a couple of years?

Best design out there hands down

Obviously the 1080 is a better option, but imo it's not that much better in a mobile setting.

Attached: akrales_170508_1666_0055.0.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

Do MSI's offerings really have superior, compared with the norm, cooling or is that just something parroted by shills and dills?

youtube.com/watch?v=U-9tUEOFKNU

I want one of these puppies so bad
Max aesthetic and performance
Do I have any other options if I don't want to pay premium for the razer brand`?

Attached: razer-blade-2018.jpg (3000x1687, 352K)

bump

Why do all gaming laptops look like retarded neon crap? Why not make a powerful laptop with a thinkpad design?

>15" laptop looks great
>it lacks a numpad though
God I hate this so much.

Are you saying a GTX 1080? When I was last looking any laptop with a 1080 was minimum 2 grand, whereas I lucked out and got one with a 1070 for 1 grand. That's 15-20% performance for twice the price, now if you want a laptop with a 2080 you may as well forget about shopping and just order a Razer blade pro for 4 grand

I have it. I dont play many games but its fine for 1080p and can even run some older games like hl2 at 4k 60. the next gen xps might have a 1650ti so I would wait for that.

>numpad
>laptop keyboard

Attached: 1553264355427.png (740x740, 682K)

because they follow the itoddler design
if you created gaming laptops with a thinkpad design, users could upgrade them. gaming laptops are designed to be disposed every few years

Overheating laptops designed by overworked engineers given underfunded budgets designed to hit annual planned obsolesence targets with a one year """warranty""" covering jack shit, processed by underpaid pajeets over the phone

Attached: 1482391612117.jpg (900x900, 365K)

>if you created gaming laptops with a thinkpad design, users could upgrade them.

This would make sense if gaming laptops weren't already the most upgradeable laptops.

Attached: 1549294158220.png (1012x1088, 600K)

They have better cooling than every single ultrabook.

>chiclet keys
>gaming

Attached: 1404566170538.png (576x544, 9K)

Hey I'm the current owner of an MSI GT73VR-7RF-Titan-Pro and I'm looking for an upgrade, I got it in 2017 and it's getting dusty I plan to clean it up but I wan't to plan on my next purchase. msi.com/Laptop/support/GT73VR-7RF-Titan-Pro.html

I use gaming laptop mostly has portable desktop more than anything, so I don't really care about the battery life but I care about the ability to upgrade or have replaceable parts (I know it's limited). I currently reside in France and I don't really have a budget limit, I'd like to keep it below 3000euros, I would appreciate if you could recommand me a laptop that's durable and powerful enough to run last gen games. I don't really care about the noise generated or the weight (and the battery life as mentioned below because I usually carry mine from point A to B, I have a notebook when I'm on the go). 17in 120-144Hz monitor with gsync preferably. Thanks in advance!

Attached: 1498075622219.png (420x314, 98K)

I'll add that if there are middle alternative between a gaming laptop and a desktop, like an easy to carry desktop I'm interested. What I'm really looking for is a powerful machine I can easily carry around because I'm often on the move.

These are the things I'm looking for. Any caveats/better deals?

Attached: 1551073288617.png (1061x459, 228K)

>can't upgrade the cpu
>can't hot swap the battery
>can't hold 3 HDD/SSD's at once
I'm pretty sure no modern laptop is more upgradeable than the Thinkpad T420.

My 15.6" gaming laptop has an upgradeable CPU, GPU, 4 SSD/HDD drive bays, and 4 RAM slots; giving me more upgrade options than the T420.

Gaming laptops released in the era of the T420 were still more upgradeable since you could upgrade their GPUs as well.

Attached: 1537560444845.png (1236x883, 259K)

pls respond

>ultrabooks

Overheating laptops designed by overworked engineers given underfunded budgets designed to hit annual planned obsolesence targets with a one year """warranty""" covering jack shit, processed by underpaid pajeets over the phone

gtx1050ti won't push 144fps in any game other than csgo or dota

I won't be playing games. Besides, I can simply lower the settings.

I'll be leaving for college soon and I'd like to switch to a gaming laptop. What would you guys recommend for around 1200$?

What's a reasonably light gayman laptop I can actually take to work without being embarrassed? Are Legion laptops worth it?

For the record I have a T450 right now and I'd like something a bit lighter. I don't need more than a 1050ti and a quadcore.

except battery hotswap, all of them all doable. heck, even some of them has 4 sodimm slots, 3 nvme + sata slots. if gaymen laptops didn't look extremely retarded, I would buy one. In this state, no, I would be ashamed of pulling one of them out in public.

Only Razer blade is worth buying, as long as you cover that gay neon logo with a dbrand cover.

>"it's good but I don't like how it looks"
Am I on /fa/?

Would you go out with something like this, retard?

Attached: acer-predator-21-x-22-1.jpg (970x647, 56K)

If it's the best option available I literally couldn't care less how it looks.

best gaming laptops imo:
razer blade
predator triton 500
gigabyte areo
dell g3-g7(if you are on a budget)

>he actually cares about what his laptop looks like in public
lmao what an INCEL

Attached: 1556057398765.png (750x1334, 1.37M)

what gayman laptop has a 4g sim slot? can't be arsed with tethering bullshit or carrying dingle dongles with me
there's only 4g in the woods I live in

Clevo master race

These things read and look so good there has to be some hidden fault...

Also, 2500 € for the 2070 version, just fuck my bank account senpai.

I think they have some QC issues but it's mostly about coil whine and some backlight bleed. So it really depends on the user. I had coil whine issues with my XPS but it's not as bad as people exaggerate. I mean coil whine never bothered me, unless it's really extreme. Same for backlight bleed.

Coil whine is a huge deal for me, that kind of sounds really annoy me, you can have a construction site near me, i dont care, but constant, uniform sounds like coil whine drive me up the wall.

>Gaming laptops are the most powerful mobile computers and are some of the most well designed laptops out there
Uh, no, sweetie, they're not.
MacBooks are.

get the lenovo legion y530 with the 1050 ti.

Attached: 6219200_sd.jpg (1195x916, 124K)

What should I get if I don't really have high standards and mostly want to play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and maybe do some Dark Souls in medium to low?

Attached: 13216578758.jpg (450x596, 45K)

For you

A 10 year old game and a no-effort console port? Every potatoe laptop will do that.

Tongfang with 1060 or better. Sold under a lot of different names as it's an ODM like Clevo.

I have one with a 1060 and it runs gta v smoothly